Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm sorry I haven't posted before, but I wanted to let you know that I've been enjoying your story. It's interesting to see Clark and Lois as teenagers, before certain life experiences placed additional obstacles in their path to togetherness.

I like the fact that you have them retain their fundamental traits, despite their youth. Clark is protective and caring, yet still vulnerable, and Lois is sassy and confident, yet still plagued by family issues that cause her to doubt herself.

I think your question about whether or not Clark should tell her is an interesting one. Although there are fewer obstacles in the path to the truth (their partnership, her romantic past, his need to protect his family from attacks on Superman, her drive to get the story), we are always vulnerable when we reveal our true selves to the people we care about.

Some of my favorite scenes from the story include:

-Ice skating
-Clark's protectiveness as Lois is berated by her father
-Lois standing up for Clark by making out with him (it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it wink )
-Martha playing matchmaker

I look forward to more.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
Columnist
Columnist
Great part.

Must leave for work in a few minutes but I couldn't not read your story.

Loved it. thumbsup

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part, Laura! I loved it. And I'm curiously waiting for the revelation scene. Come back soon!

thumbsup

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, love your story. I'm curious to see where you'll be taking it, though. Lois and Clark are very young here, too young to have a real relationship. What would it mean if Lois learned about Clark's secret so soon? Would she and Clark get together as a couple much sooner than they did in the show, maybe in their very early twenties? You know, that would be really interesting to see.

Ann

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great chapter, Laura! I don't typically care for stories that feature younger Lois & Clarks, but I've been following yours and am really enjoying it. Nice work. clap

It's an interesting change that Clark is considering sharing his secret with Lois so soon. He hasn't been flying long, probably doesn't *know* that he's invulnerable and has had the 'disect you like a frog' lectures from Jonathan for years. It'll be fun to see how the part plays out and whether teenage Clark has the courage to tell Lois about himself whereas older Clark waited until after he'd proposed marriage.

Can't wait for the next chapter,
BJ

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Neither one of them had said those scary words and Clark understood why. Six days… that’s it. It was ludicrous that he could consider saying those words to Lois. How could he even be sure love was what he was feeling?
I'm glad you addressed this.

As always, I really like the interplay between Martha and Lois.

I'm happy he is going to tell her, and I think the reasons you gave in your notes for him doing so make good sense.

Good chapter, Laura!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, good chapter, Laura, but it just makes me want the *next* one! laugh

And while they *are* young, it's possible for high-school sweethearts to have a good marriage. My church's children's pastor and his wife got married when she was 16 and he was 17, I think. Twenty years later, they're almost done raising two sons and seem to get along really well smile He's an ex-Marine who was part of the land force invading Iraq back in the *first* Gulf War. 'Cause, you know, when you want somebody heading up children's ministries, you naturally think of ex-Marines <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
He's an ex-Marine who was part of the land force invading Iraq back in the *first* Gulf War. 'Cause, you know, when you want somebody heading up children's ministries, you naturally think of ex-Marines
lol! of course. wink Thanks for all the helpful feedback! (Sorry for the extensive use of exclamations marks... it all just makes me so happy.) Hehe. Expect the next chapter tomorrow I believe. I was just fixing it up a little.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Top Banana
Top Banana
Go for it! Let Clark tell her! Can't wait for the next part! party

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard