Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
So, how are you enjoying developments? smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kerth
Kerth
So, how are you enjoying developments?
Yep, the thing is developing smile

The relationship between L&C is good smile

Jose (looking for Wells to timetravel to Thursday wink ) wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Columnist
Columnist
Good job, Pam. Interesting seeing them work together on this A-plot. But you've maintained just enough tension to keep things in character.

Looking forward to more,
Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Oh, I like the spin on this story, Pam. It's so nice when both LnC admit that they have a tiny spark of attraction between them. Hope you keep posting everyday.

gerry

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Loved it, loved it! goofy J is for Jealousy? laugh On second thought, maybe I'd better leave titles up to you. wink

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ah, so Lois doesn't quite want Clark, but doesn't want anyone else to have him? Well, at least she's admitting it. wink Great story, and I'm interested in where this is gonna end up. I'm also wondering if Herb is gonna show up, considering he said he was going to let the universe fix its own problems. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois sat up, frowning at him. "But what if he *is* involved, Clark? You can't go around assuming anything in this business!"
/me dances around the room
It's a sane and practical Lois!

There was a flash of... something... in Lois's eyes
/me raises an eyebrow
Mmhmm... laugh

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Like the rest, I had to go back and re-read the previous story. This is one of the reasons fanfic is so much fun. You can fix what was wrong with the original episode. Both of them were very badly behaved, acting as vicious competitors even though they were partners. It's also good to not have Toni Taylor interrupt their privacy at Clark's place.

She dropped the tray off at the corner of the L-shaped bar, and headed for the curtained opening beside it. As she passed the bar stools, one of the patrons caught her eye. She dismissed him as irrelevant, walked past... then turned back to take a second look, as something tickled her instinct ... it couldn't be. No, what was she thinking, of course it could.
Funny. Her instinct can pick Clark out in a scruffy disguise, but her instinct fails her when she can't see that Clark and Superman are one and the same.

Lois wanted to be annoyed, but that was drowned out by the part of her that was glad of his admiring attention.
She turned, then, and caught him looking at her. Unaccountably, she blushed, and smiled softly. Clark felt his heart rate quicken at the look of invitation in her eyes, as the desire to kiss her warred with the shrill warnings from the back of his mind to *not* screw everything up. He compromised by smiling back, and reaching a hand towards hers. She let him engulf her smaller hand in his.
he knew she'd kill him if he so much as looked at another woman.
Come on, Lois. You know you care. It sounds as if they're actually dating. She'd kill him if he looked at another woman, and he knows that? I'm glad she's not rebuffing him. She's giving off all the signals that she's still interested, even if she's not willing to act on that interest. The attraction's just too strong for her to ignore.

There was a flash of... something... in Lois's eyes before she gathered her composure and reclaimed her hand. "Well, we're just going to have to wait and see what develops.
Sounds like there's a big double meaning in this last sentence.

Clark just didn't do one-night stands. Which didn't even begin to explain why he'd made an exception in her case, but she was *not* going to go there.
Gee, wonder why? smile

"Well, not exactly," she admitted, ducking her head so he couldn't read her expression. She sounded embarrassed. But then she got over it, apparently, because when she looked up again she was wearing her professional face again.
I think she's starting to believe Clark can be trusted. Once she can believe it, that would open the way for them to get closer in other ways.
Lois sat up, frowning at him. "But what if he *is* involved, Clark? You can't go around assuming anything in this business!"
Yea! She's open to suspecting Luthor is dirty. I never could figure out how she could be that blind for a whole year. And she acknowledges to Clark that she isn't really dating Luthor.
"Okay, then," Clark smiled as he walked her to the door. "It's a date."
thumbsup

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Clark gaped at her. "But, but ... I thought..."

"You thought I was dating him, so I wouldn't hear a word against the man?" Lois shook her head. "No, he's asked me out -- okay, we've been to dinner a few times," she added, "but I'm a *reporter* first and foremost, and he's a newsmaker. That's all there is to it."
thumbsup Finally an intelligent Lois not impress by Luthor.

"Good." Clark watched his partner, feeling very content with his world. Even if Lois never ended up loving and marrying him, it was incredible just to be near her, and to be her friend. It was more than a lot of other people had.
frown Poor Clark, he resign just want to be near her.

More soon, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This is great, Pam! I'm just eating it up! I, unlike most of the others, had not read H is For Hubris before, so I went to read it and I *loved* it. Talk about tension!

Speaking of tension...
Clark just didn't do one-night stands. Which didn't even begin to explain why he'd made an exception in her case, but she was *not* going to go there.
Does anybody else think that Lois says/thinks this kind of regrettfully? Like she wishes he didn't make an exception? <g>

I loved how Lois is not blinded by Lex Luthor here. It seems much more in character for her to investigate him than what she did in the show. Glad to see that fixed. laugh

Can't wait for the next part. Only please no goofy

Caroline

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
EXCUSE ME, CAROLINE! But I believe such talk borders on heresy.

Pam, good instalment (ignore Caroline's comoments, you can add as many whams as you wish, and we all know that a haircut for Lois would be a GOOD thing).

Often, I'm bored by episode rewrites because they stay too close to the original and I find myself thinking 'been there, seen that'. Your take on this particular episode is diverging nicely. Right now, it's mostly with the Lois and Clark relationship, but with Lois' differing attitude about Lex, the B plot could take some interesting turns also.

It will be fun to watch this play out.

Tank (who thinks a haircut for Lois would be a great idea, as it could be the metaphor to the changing attitudes of Lois toward Clark)

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Pam

WOW! I love this! smile1

I'm thoroughly enjoying this and look forward to reading the next part.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey this is really heating up! Nice tension between the two of them. I even like the A plot! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I, too, like the way they're working together on the A plot -- much better than working against each other as they did in the ep.

I really like that Lois is open to Lex's villainy-- saves us all from hitting our heads against a wall.

Barb.

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I love how Lois and Clark are working together smile . She isn't even *that* mad that he's honing in on her story.

"Well, let's see ... you've got a fake beard, a heavy coat, a knit cap, and -- the crowning touch -- even dorkier glasses than the ones you normally wear, which is quite a feat, by the way. Oh yeah, Clark, it's an *excellent* disguise."
Lois's description of Clark's disguise had me smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Features Writer
Features Writer
Nice job Pam.
I loved it
I see part 3.
merry

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oops, forgot to reply to comments! Sorry, guys smile

Jose, all I'll say about H.G. Wells is that I hate to see him show up from nowhere at the end of a story to fix everything wink

Irene, thanks! I'm definitely smoothing Lois out somewhat, but I didn't want her to lose her edge entirely. And I'm thinking that her semi-constant frustration would only make her crankier wink

Gerry, you keep reading, and I'll keep spinning!

Hazel, I'm delighted you like my little twists and tweaks <g> I have to admit I had fun with them. This is actually the second time I've re-written parts of this episode; I think it must be because I hated the original so much goofy

As for alphabetically-named sequels... I guess we'll have to wait and see! I don't generally do sequels, let alone series... but this one hit me out of nowhere and demanded to be written. Oh, and at the moment, J is for Joyride, but I may change that when I get more written <g>

Karen, Lois has never wanted anyone else to have Clark <g> I just figured that she'd be even more possessive here, given their history.

Jen ... sane and practical Lois? I don't know, that sounds awfully boring... wink (Btw, I adore your sig file!)

Roger, thanks very much for the detailed comments! And yeah, trust is a major issue for Lois. As for suspecting Luthor, I've written a Lois here who's much less involved with Luthor (she's too busy obsessing over Clark and Superman), so she's far enough back to get a better view. Especially if she's allowed to think that the suspicion is all her own idea <g>

Maria, I'm posting, I'm posting!

Caroline -- no haircuts?? eek Aww, you're no fun... But I'm glad to hear you read and enjoyed Hubris!

Tank, I totally agree with you about episode rewrites. As for metaphors... well, I've got one going already. But hey, maybe next time!

Glad you're having a good time, Tricia! I am, too.

Wow, Laura, you like the A plot? That's high praise! goofy

lol Barb, yes, it was a goal of mine to keep us all from hitting our heads against a wall.

Alicia, thanks! That paragraph you quoted was my favorite from this whole section -- it was written *very* early into the process -- like a year ago -- and has survived numerous rewrites.

Thanks, Merry. Hope you enjoy part 3 as well!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard