Here's the TOC

Here’s the next part. Again, sorry it took me so long. Real Life has been a bummer and on top of that I haven’t been sleeping well. Hope you like it (and I hope I managed to not misspell anything like I did with Happy New Year, Kal-El - amazing what lack of sleep will do to a person).

<Around words denotes telepathic thought.>

This part is rated PG-13.

*This story and all of its characters are fictional.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previously:

Chloe cocked her head. “We all went to the Winter Dance together at school. That was in January. Alex is such a creep. I tried to tell Chloe that.” She sighed. “Anyway, our dresses were similar, and even though they were different colors, I guess he couldn’t tell us apart that night. I’m not sure he ever could for that matter. He grabbed me and started dancing with me. It was a slow dance. I didn’t want to seem rude, so I danced with him. He wanted to pull me just a little too close, and I finally ended the dance early. But then I felt a little faint, too. That’s it.”

Clark closed his eyes. “Hmm... And after that, you became very amorous? I mean that night was the first time you and Ben had sex?”

She blushed. “Yes, it was the first time.”

Clark twisted his mouth. “That’s because Alex was in some kind of dirt bike accident - in Smallville - a few years ago. He has red and green shards of kryptonite embedded in his leg. I’ve told you about red kryptonite and how it can affect us differently. Well, this particular bit evidently affected you in such a way that made you feel *very* amorous. And it made Claire think she was madly in love with Alex. And the green is probably what made you feel faint.” Clark ran his hand through his hair. “I hope you were safe.”

She blushed and worried her bottom lip across her teeth.

He threw his head back in frustration. “Oh, Chloe! I know you know better.”

~~~~~

Clark leaned forward and took her hands. “Chloe, Alex raped Claire about a month ago. He’s been charged with her rape. He’s also committed three other rapes, and he’s been charged with those, too. She will need a lot of love and support right now.”

Claire was speechless and just stared at her dad with wide eyes.

~~~~~

Chloe got up and walked out of the room. She promptly went to the balcony off the sitting room and launched into the air to go see Ben.

Clark didn’t notice that his daughter had disobeyed him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A New Hero Part 45

Caitlyn and Mak were sitting at the kitchen table and had been discussing Los’ surgery and many other aspects of medicine. Mak really liked Lady Caitlyn. She smiled at her. “Lady Caitlyn, I must say, this food is wonderful. We’ve been eating a lot of... hmm... rations since the Thanae attacked. This is a welcome change.”

Caitlyn nodded. “Why are the Thanae so interested in New Krypton? My understanding is that life is really hard there. Why would they be so interested in the planet?”

Mak sighed. “Well, life is improving on New Krypton. But the Thanae are very illogical people. They were bargaining for an exchange of technology when negotiations suddenly broke down because the Thanae decided they wanted more than they were willing to give. Not that they had much to give in the first place. They are behind us technologically. But they did have some farming technology that we were interested in. Anyway, their leader suddenly attacked Lord K’al-El and he rightly defended himself. Lord K'al El nearly killed him. And from what we have since found out, it might have been better if he *had* killed him. I guess it’s an insult to ‘almost’ kill someone. From what we now understand, if Lord K’al-El *had* killed him, they would have just left and that would have been it.”

Caitlyn giggled. “It almost sounds like Klingons.”

Mak was confused. “Klingons?”

Caitlyn smiled. “Fictional characters from several television shows and movies called “Star Trek”. They are very war-like.” She made a motion across the top of her head. “And they have these ridges on their foreheads.”

“Ridges? How odd. The Thanae also have ridges on their foreheads. What’s a television show? What’s a movie?”

Caitlyn chuckled. “Wouldn’t it be weird if the Thanae actually *looked* like Klingons? Hmmm.... Television shows and movies are like books on film. Do you know what actors are?”

Mak’s eyes brightened. “Ah, yes. I know what film is. And I know what actors are. We have a few films, too. Not many, but we do have more than we used to.”

Caitlyn nodded. “Maybe we can arrange to send some back with you. Your people need entertainment, too.”

Mak nodded her head enthusiastically. “Yes, I would like to see these Klingons.”

Caitlyn stood up. “Hmm... I noticed someone was watching a DVD earlier. I believe there was a picture of a Klingon on the cover. I’ll be right back.” She walked to the family room and quickly returned. She presented the DVD box with the picture of the Klingon on it to Mak.

Mak was in awe. “No, the Thanae do not look like this. But they *do* look very similar. Very interesting.”

Caitlyn agreed. “Yes, very interesting.” Her phone rang and she answered. She had been awaiting a call from Amanda to see if she could help with the anesthesia tomorrow. She quickly explained the situation and Amanda agreed to help. “Thank you, Amanda.” Caitlyn looked up at Mak. “Assuming Clark...” At Mak’s odd look, she amended, “...Kal-El has contacted J’on then we should be set.” Mak was still giving her an odd look. Caitlyn laughed. “Let me guess. I’m supposed to call him *Lord* Kal-El?”

Mak bowed her head. “It’s not my place to tell you what to call your husband, Lady Caitlyn, but it is odd for me to hear you *not* use his title in front of me.” She cocked her head. “Do you prefer Lady Caitlyn only or is there another name, also?”

“Oh, my last name is Kira. I haven’t decided whether to take Clark’s... Lord Kal-El’s name or not.”

Mak nodded. “Then I should call you Lady Caitlyn Kira,” she said with finality.

Caitlyn rolled her eyes. “You can call me Caitlyn. Just Caitlyn.”

Mak was aghast. “But, my lady, that would be highly improper. I can call you Lady Caitlyn or Lady Caitlyn Kira. I cannot call you *just* Caitlyn.”

Caitlyn smiled. “You called Los *just* Los.”

She bit her lip. “Only because I was trying to get him to relax. I would never do so at any other time.”

Caitlyn shook her head in frustration. “Well, most people call me Caitlyn. And when I’m at work, people call me Dr. Kira.”

“Doctor?”

Caitlyn smiled. “That’s the title for a physician here. It’s akin to calling you Healer Mak.”

“Oh. Well, I can’t call you that. Lady must be in your title.”

Caitlyn looked at the ceiling and shook her head. “So you never call Lord Los-El by the title of healer?”

“Sometimes he is called, the Healer, Lord Los-El, but usually he is called Lord Los-El.”

Caitlyn arched an eyebrow. “Uh-huh. But you don’t call Ching, Lord Ching.”

“He doesn’t wish to be called Lord Ching.”

“Well, so I don’t want to be called Lady Caitlyn.”

Mak answered with an air that this should all make perfect sense to Caitlyn. “I *have* to call you Lady Caitlyn.”

Caitlyn furrowed her brow. “You have to call me Lady Caitlyn, but you don’t have to call Ching, Lord Ching?”

Mak shook her head no. “Of course not.”

Caitlyn rolled her eyes at the absurdity of all this and decided to change the subject. But she wasn’t going to forget about it; she’d definitely ask Clark about all this nonsense. “You mentioned that your technology was more advanced than the Thanae. And your technology is obviously more advanced than Earth’s. But yet, I would think that your medical knowledge would be more advanced.” She gazed at Mak questioningly.

Mak smiled. “Ah, yes. It was. There was havoc in those last days on Krypton. A few colonists were sent out to search for another planet.”

Caitlyn interrupted. “If Cl... Lord Kal-El was destined to be the ruler of the new planet, then why wasn’t he with those colonists?”

“Ah, yes. He hadn’t been born yet. Lord Jor-El wanted Lady Lara to go with the colonists, but she refused as she wanted to work by his side to try to save the planet. There was supposed to be another transport ship, but General Zod destroyed it.”

“General Zod?” Caitlyn asked.

Mak swallowed hard. “A terrible criminal that was responsible for the destruction of Krypton. General Zod also made it appear that the first ship had been destroyed. Lord Jor-El was preparing the hyperlight drive ship for Lord Kal-El, and was nearly done when he received the word that this ship had been destroyed. He never found out that it was all a lie.”

“So, Jor-El and Lara really thought that Kal-El was the last survivor of Krypton.”

Mak smiled. “Yes, they did. Of course, they already had knowledge of Lady Zara and other information stored in his ship. My understanding is that Lord Kal-El received a message from Lord Jor-El noting that he was the last son of Krypton. But the information that had previously been stored in the ship was not altered. That’s why the information about Lady Zara being his birth wife was still present. But back to the medical knowledge. The colonist ship did not have hyperlight drive. At the time that it was sent out, it wasn’t available. Lord Jor-El sent out specifications for it before he knew that the ship has been supposedly destroyed. But the changes could not be implemented quickly enough. When Krypton exploded, the colonist ship was at the edge of the solar system. The ship was damaged, and we lost quite a bit of information. And a good deal of that information was medical knowledge. Granted, much of that was able to be reconstructed but not all of it. So that’s why our medical knowledge is not more advanced.”

Caitlyn nodded. “Very interesting.” She stood up. “Well, I think we both need to get some sleep. It’s going to be a long surgery.”

Healer Mak agreed and they walked up the stairs together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chloe quickly flew to Ben’s apartment, but as soon as she got there, she wondered how she was going to explain her speedy appearance. She frowned. It didn’t much matter anyway. He wasn’t home yet. She wondered where he was and then thought that perhaps he had gone to the restaurant where his mom worked. She started to head that way, and then realized again that she still wouldn’t be able to explain her presence.

She started sobbing. She just didn’t know what was wrong with her of late. She could feel so great, and then the next minute, she’d be crying. And Ben was right. She had been eating a lot more. Oh, no! He couldn’t be right, could he? No, no, no, no, no....

She flew back home and lightly touched down on the balcony. She started pacing. After pacing for a good fifteen minutes, she decided she better head to bed - before her dad became really angry. Or before he found out that she’d left the house.

She opened her bedroom door quietly. Claire was asleep. She looked at her sadly. It was obvious she’d been crying. She pouted and picked up a book to read but found that she was unable to do so. She was just so tense and anxious. What in the world was wrong with her? Claire had been raped, and all she could think about was how she herself was feeling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caitlyn knocked lightly on the door to Los’ and Mari’s room.

Mari called softly, “Come in.”

Caitlyn entered the room. She whispered, “Is he sleeping?”

Mari bit her lip. “He’s really restless. I think he’s in pain. But he’s been sleeping.”

“Mak told me that sometimes an exam could set off increased pain.” She sighed. “Everything is set for in the morning. He shouldn’t drink or eat anything.”

Mari nodded. “Okay. Thanks, Caitlyn.”

Caitlyn smiled, turned and walked out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caitlyn sauntered into the master suite to find Clark sitting on the bed in deep thought. “Hey.”

“Hey.” He flashed his brilliant smile at her.

She sat down beside him. “Penny for your thoughts?”

He cocked his head. “I've been waiting to talk to you.” He pulled her into an embrace and laid his head on her shoulder. “My daughters... My sixteen-year-old daughters have been having sex. Alex is responsible for that.”

She pulled back to look at him with a totally perplexed look on her face. “They’ve both had sex with Alex?”

Clark bit his lip. “No, but he’s responsible.” He quickly explained about the red and green kryptonite. A tear ran down his cheek. “Alex didn’t just have sex with Claire. He raped her.”

Caitlyn drew in a sharp breath. “Clark! No!”

Clark hugged her tightly. “I wish it weren’t true. She thought she was pregnant, too. Her period was a couple of weeks late, but she finally started so I guess it was just stress. Waiting to find out if she was really pregnant though was agonizing.” He explained that Amanda had thought perhaps she had had a tubal pregnancy and had wanted to do an ultrasound. “But Los was able to just look and see that she wasn’t pregnant.”

Caitlyn furrowed her brow. “Clark. I know your hearing isn’t quite up to par, but why didn’t you just have Claire listen for a heart beat? Of course, depending on how far along she thought she was, there may not have been a heartbeat yet.”

Clark raised an eyebrow. “You know. I can’t imagine why I didn’t think of that. I guess I was just too upset.”

Caitlyn brushed her hand through his hair. “Has she spoken to the police?”

“Yes. He raped three other girls, too. He’s been charged with all four rapes.” Clark lay back on the bed.

Caitlyn lay beside of him. Neither spoke for awhile.

Clark finally spoke. “I’ve missed having someone to share with like this. There are some things that I just can’t talk to my parents about. Not and express all my feelings, too.” He turned onto his side and kissed Caitlyn softly. He whispered, “Make love to me, Caitlyn.”

Caitlyn smiled, and they settled into a slow and leisurely dance of passion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Claire woke up with a need to go to the bathroom. Darn periods anyway. They never let a person get a decent night’s sleep. And, oh, she was so tired.

As she was coming back to her their room, she heard Chloe softly crying. She ran into their room and pulled her into her arms. She exclaimed, “Chloe! What’s wrong, honey?”

Chloe sniffed. “I should be asking you that. I’m sorry I haven’t been a better sister.” She scrunched up her face and started crying again.

Claire brushed her sister’s hair out of her eyes. “Don’t tell me you are doing all this crying over me.”

“You’re worth it!”

Claire smiled sadly. “Well, I think you’re worth it, too, and I take it Daddy told you what happened, but something else is wrong. What is it?”

Chloe pouted. “I had sex with Ben.”

Claire smiled. “Yes, I know. You told me. I still can’t believe it. I mean, I thought for sure you’d wait.”

“So did I. That seems to have been Alex’s fault, too. Remember how he danced with me at the Winter Dance?” At her sister’s nod, she continued, “Well, it seems the red kryptonite made me feel overwhelmingly... amorous.”

“Oh, just say it. You were horny. That’s what you told me before.” Then she frowned and said sadly, “So in a way, Alex raped you, too.”

Chloe’s eyes widened. “Oh, Claire, I’m so sorry for what he did to you. Why didn’t you *tell* me?”

“I... I...” She bit her lip. “I was embarrassed. I was devastated. Then I’d see him and have these feelings that he was the most marvelous person in the world. I was just so confused.” She cast her eyes down. “At least now, I know why I was having those feelings.” She shook her head as if to clear her thoughts. She changed the subject back to Chloe. “Did you forget that you’d told me about you and Ben? Surely not.”

“No, I meant that we had sex again. Earlier tonight. Actually more than once ‘again’. A few agains.” She started crying again. “It was so wonderful.”

“Then why are you crying?”

“I dunno. I’ve jusbeen so motional.” She wiped the back of her hands across her eyes. “Ben seems to think I’m... pregnant...”

Claire shook her head no. “You just had your period, didn’t you?”

Chloe stuck her lip out. “Yeaaahhh...”

“Then why does he think you’re pregnant?”

“He says my breasts are too tender. And I have a big appetite. And I’ve been emotional.” She stood up and started pacing in the room. She huffed. “That’s just ridiculous. Do you know he told his mom?! And she told him that maybe I wasn’t really having periods and that I was really having bleeding.”

Claire turned her head sideways and watched her sister walk. “Are you gaining weight?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they had finished making love, Clark pulled Catilyn close. “Well, at least neither of the girls is pregnant. Chloe’s boyfriend sure seems to think she is though. Hmmp... Wonder why?”

“Hmm... I don’t know, Clark. Did you ask her why Ben thought that?”

Clark shrugged. “No. She told me she hadn’t missed any periods.”

Caitlyn bit her lip. “Maybe you should ask her why Ben thinks she is pregnant. You know Jessi got pregnant when she was the twins’ age. Right?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, she had bleeding her entire pregnancy. It can certainly be mistaken for a period.”

Clark’s eyes widened. “No. You’re kidding.”

“No, honey. I’m not.”

He ran his hand through his hair and closed his eyes tightly. “I’ll ask her tomorrow why Ben thinks she’s pregnant.”

She sighed. “Yes, it probably wouldn’t hurt.”

He ran his hand along her cheek. “What was it you wanted to tell me about Marilyn Wayne?”

She grinned. “You know how I told you I hadn’t seen my older sister for nearly twenty years?”

He nodded slowly, thinking that he might know where this was leading. “And your sister’s name is Marilyn. You mean...”

She nodded. “Yeah. I can’t believe I didn’t recognize her the other day, but then she didn’t recognize me, either. Brandilyn is the one that told me who she is. Anyway, Marilyn and Bruce are coming to the get together over the weekend.”

Clark nodded slowly then smiled. “Should be a very interesting weekend.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chloe stopped dead in her tracks and looked at her sister steadily. “You are the third person this evening who has asked me that. Do I really look like I’ve gained weight?”

Claire nodded as she perused her sister closely. “Did Daddy tell you that I’d thought I might be pregnant?”

Chloe nodded. “Yes. I’m glad that you aren’t.”

Claire sighed heavily. “Well, when I thought I was pregnant, I tried to look and see. But I never could tell anything. I’d decided that if I was pregnant, that the baby was just too small for me to really be able to tell. If I’d known what a baby that small looked like...” She paused.

Chloe looked and her and shook her head slightly. She gestured with her hands in a questioning manner. “And...” She wondered what her sister’s point was.

Claire was wringing her hands. “Well, when a baby gets bigger... Well, you know... it’s hard to miss that.” She bit her lip. “Chloe, you *are* pregnant.” She nodded at her sister’s abdomen. “Take a look for yourself.”

Chloe looked inside her womb then sunk down on the floor. Claire sat down beside her and held her sister until she cried herself to sleep. When Chloe was finally asleep, Claire put a pillow under her head and covered her with a quilt. She sighed and thought sadly about their respective situations. She’d been raped and was facing a trial. Her sister technically hadn’t been raped, but she was still a victim of Alex Caudill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the middle of the night, Lara Kent woke up wailing. Clark awoke and quickly dressed in sleep shorts then ran towards Jama’s room where Lara had been staying. He found Lara huddled in the corner, tightly clutching her teddy bear, Tebby. Jama was sitting on the edge of her bed with a wild look in her eyes as if she’d just been rudely awakened. And, of course, she had been. Clark motioned for her to lie back down. He squatted down in front of Lara. “Another bad dream?”

She shook her head no. “Nuh-uh.”

“What’s wrong, then, baby girl?” He pulled her into his arms.

She shrugged. “Don’t know. I thought I was crying ‘cause I was... ‘cause... somethin’ was wrong, but I don’t know what that was ‘xactly.” She hugged her Daddy tightly. “I’m okay, now.”

Clark sighed. “You are still picking up on other people’s emotions and dreams, I think.” He took a deep breath and lowered some of his mental barriers.

When he did so, Jama sat up again with her mouth hanging open. Her Daddy was a much more powerful man that she had ever realized. She couldn’t actually read any thoughts of his, but she felt the power coming from his mind.

Clark nodded at her slowly as if to encourage Jama to stay calm. He turned to Lara. “Los is going to try to work with you some more, but you are a powerful telepath, Lara. I’m going to try to show you... help you learn to put up barriers to protect yourself. I can’t really explain it in words, but do you see how I lowered my barriers?” Lara nodded in understanding. “Now *feel* what happens when I put them back up.” She smiled at him, and he smiled back. “Think that will help?”

“Yeah-hum.” She hugged her Daddy tightly. “I wanna go back to sleep now.” She crawled back into bed.

“Okay, honey.” As he tucked her in, he said, “You’ll need to practice what I showed you. Okay?” He bent down and kissed her on the forehead. She turned on her side and pulled her Tebby into her arms. She was asleep almost instantly. Clark turned and sat beside Jama. “I take it you monitored all that?”

She nodded solemnly. “Yes, Daddy.”

“Okay. Good. That will help you, too.”

She swallowed hard. “Wow, Daddy. You... you... Wow.”

He kissed her on the top of her head and murmured, “I know, sweet girl. It’s a little overwhelming.” He stood up. “Good night, honey. I love you.” He smiled, stood up and headed towards the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, at S.T.A.R. Labs, Los’ surgery seemed to be going well. Caitlyn and Mak worked well together. J’on J’onzz was assisting Los in ‘allowing’ the surgery. Los had thought he only needed one other person with him, and so his mother, Zara, and his father, Clark were taking turns with that. Caitlyn wasn’t very keen on the idea of Clark doing this because it had left him so tired after assisting Jon, but after some discussion between them and Los, they’d agreed that he would be okay because he would only be doing this in shifts and also because Zara was mostly staying with her son.

K’al was at the lab, too, but he wasn’t asked to assist his brother. He could understand why Marisol wasn’t helping. After all, her telepathic skills were untrained. And Los had a point in saying that she had just been impregnated and he didn’t want her to undergo undue stress. But he thought it was odd that he wasn’t asked to assist. He knew Los better than their father, and it just didn’t make sense. As they waited, he’d said very little. He supposed he was just a little hurt. Five hours into the surgery, he abruptly stood up and announced that he was going to fly home to check on Ladies Rya and Jonna.

A half an hour later, Amanda announced that Los’ blood pressure was increasing. She wondered, “Do we need to expose him to kryptonite? Perhaps the mental stress is getting to him.”

Caitlyn sighed, “Well, not if we don’t absolutely have to. John is here to help if needed, but we would lose Mak, and I don’t want that to happen.”

J’on agreed. “I think it’s not a good idea, either, but he is getting very stressed. The surgery has lasted quite a bit longer than Jon’s. Is there a reason for that?”

Caitlyn answered, “He has a lot more damage.”

J’on nodded. “Makes sense. I am concerned that Los didn’t have much to say about the possible kryptonite exposure. As you know, he has been making some occasional comments. But now, he’s just concentrating very hard. He’s almost not able to really form a ‘spoken’ thought.”

Suddenly Los’ nose started bleeding then his body tensed. Amanda announced, “He’s starting to seize.” She gave him some medication to help with those symptoms. She looked up towards Bernie who had just walked in the room to check on things. “Dr. Klein, I believe we may have to put him on a ventilator. Could you get one set up?” Bernie nodded and left.

J’on said, “Can you stop for just a moment?”

Mak nodded. “A very brief one. Lord Los-El, we are almost done. Hang in there.”

J’on took a deep breath. “How close to being done are you?”

Caitlyn answered in a worried tone. “We are closing up his kidney, and then we can start finishing up.”

J’on shuddered. “That’s a good thing because Los is unconscious. I’ve taken over total control of the part of his brain allowing this, but I can... mmmm... feel what you are doing. Might want... to... have that kryptonite ready.” At that point, J’on no longer appeared in his human form.

Zara gasped and turned to look at Clark. She said in awe, “A Martian. He’s a Martian. I thought they were all dead.”

Clark raised an eyebrow. “I guess we failed to tell you that’s why he’s such a powerful telepath.” Then he said softly, “J’on, what can we do to help you?”

<Just... help Los.>

Although J’on had been unable to say more, Zara and Clark decided that they would just try to help in any way that they could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dave Masters paced back and forth in front of the Kent home. Someone named K’al had let him in through the front gate via the intercom, and now he waited very impatiently for someone to come to the door. He absolutely must speak to Clark Kent. He was the only person he knew who might be able to find Superman. He’d tried to call out to Jon - Steel Lightning, or to Hannah - the White Tiger, but perhaps he was just too worried because neither seemed to have heard his calls.

He’d just found out that his wife, Harmony, was pregnant, and he was afraid. He was afraid of what that could mean for the child. They’d been trying, but now that she was pregnant, he was just afraid. His wife knew about his strange dreams of the future, but she had assumed, as she always had that he was just dreaming of the place where he had come from. And, of course, that’s exactly what the dreams were - both of the place he’d come from and of the future. But he’d been unable to tell her what he’d found out about being a descendant of Superman’s. It just seemed all too fantastic to be true - let alone put it into words.

Finally, the door opened, and Dave found himself face to face with K’al. He stuttered, “You’re... You’re...” He swallowed hard, unable to complete his sentence.

K’al nodded. “I’m K’al. Clark Kent isn’t home right now. How can I help you?”

“You... don’t remember me? I saw you at the hospital when you examined Steel Lightning. I’m a nurse and helped take care of him.”

K’al cocked his head sideways. “No, that was my brother - my twin - Los.”

Dave swallowed hard. “Oh. Twins. Um, well... I guess... I really wanted to ask Mr. Kent if he could arrange a meeting with Superman.”

K’al was at a loss for words. He wasn’t quite sure what to say or how to handle this man. He was afraid he would say something he shouldn’t. In fact, he may have - had probably - already said too much. Finally, he said, “I can tell Clark Kent that you were here.”

Dave thought it very odd that this person kept using both the first and last name of Clark Kent instead of calling him Clark or Mr. Kent. It seemed as if he thought it was quite normal to always use the first name and the sir name of a person. He was frustrated that he wasn’t going to be able to talk to Mr. Kent, but then he realized something was quite strange that the twin of his grandfather was at the Kent household. And he had called Ultra Man, Los. It was then that he had a sudden flash of insight. He looked at K’al and said simply, “Can I speak to Jon?”

K’al cocked his head sideways. He wasn’t sure what had just happened, but he had other things to worry about - the least of which was someone looking for his father or for Jon and the most of which was Marisol Stuart. He glanced upstairs and noticed that Jon was awake. He shrugged and motioned for Dave to follow him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tbc

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~