Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No! NO! NO! NO!NO!!!!!

razz

~•~
Columnist
Columnist
oh my god poor Lois. I couldn't stand it, if Lois and Lex ....

Hope Clark can save the day.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, before I posted, I did say that this chapter may be a deal-breaker .....

Let's be glad that Bruce Wayne entered the picture....shall we?

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<DJ waves>

Hi Chris.

I must say that I have woefully little time to read very many stories. I mostly stick to vignettes. I wait and read longer stories once they are posted to the archive...but even then, I seem to have this long, long, long long long list that I haven't gotten to yet.

But...

I do read other people's fdk from time to time. I do love reading the FoLCs fdk. So imagine how my curiosity got peeked when I read the fdk for this chapter (I've read fdk for some of your other chapters as well... yes, I know it's like peeking at the end of the book before reading it, but, well, what can I say? -- I do that too. blush )

Anywhooo....

The fdk intrigued me, so I went and read this part of your fic.

I'm very intrigued over the situation you've put our poor Lois in. Wouldn't most of us do anything we could to protect the man that we love? I know I would. But cheat on them? Shades of Indecent Proposal come to mind. All too often, when women cheat on their husbands/significant others due to blackmail or whatever else just to "save them", it ends up backfiring. Their mate just can't seem to get past the act of cheating. Would Clark be able to get past it? Because I just somehow know he would find out. Or, even worse, I wouldn't expect Lex to be a gentleman about it. Lex wants to see his arch rival devastated. He'd make sure Clark found out.

But I understand why Lois is hesitant to come out and tell Clark what happened. She thinks she can save him, make things right, if she does this. I'm sure she thinks if she tells Clark, he won't allow her to go through with hit. Plus, she wouldn't want him to know.

She could tell Bruce, though, maybe Bruce could offer some clear-headed advice and help.

Anyway, I actually had some time this morning to offer some fdk (my muse is woefully unwilling to cooperate with me this morning and give me something decent to write).

C-ya!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey DJ, welcome!

You've summed up Lois' dilemma and her thought process about it very well. Here's a gal who was never attractive to guys, was burned by the one guy she thought was different, get abducted and loses years of her life...Mr. Right (Clark) comes along, all of sudden, good looking men are finding her sexy and attractive...and she gets an indecent proposal from one of them.

On the one hand, she's not married to Clark yet and she doesn't want to disappear in the time stream again or have his life at risk. Lex Luthor is a powerful man who isn't issuing an idle bluff. He gives her no time to think things thru.

Lex is totally evil here. He's jealous of Clark's powers and goodness, Tempus has fueled his hatred, and this is the one thing that he can do that will truly hurt him (just like on Smallville, Lex wants to marry Lana so he can rub it in his face).

Somehow, it's going to be a good thing that Bruce Wayne was around today.

I have two chapters to resolve this -and if it's not to our beloved FOLCs' satisfaction, I dare never post another fic on this board LOL!

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Somehow, it's going to be a good thing that Bruce Wayne was around today.
Oh, I so hope he was really listening in, Chris!

NONONONONONONONONO!! You simply can't let Lois sleep with Luthor. Folks already know about kryptonite - Clark's first exposure was on national TV (in the alt universe) so that shouldn't be a worry, and it shouldn't be too much trouble to show that Luthor is an evil man!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ye of little faith....the last two chapters will be pulling out "all the stops", I promise....

having said that, I'm in the middle of writing performance appraisals and they're due by the 21st and I'm just starting now and I have to do 7 of them...yikes!

so it may be two weeks before the next post...hopefully sooner though.

thanks everyone for posting feedback..this chapter was a bit scary for me!

Chris

Chris

Merriwether
Merriwether
I believe you'll pull it out, because with the situation set out, I think Luthor would try to kidnap Lois or something. And I don't think "their"(LnC's) relationship could survive if it happened. Clark could forgive the act I think, but not the fact that Lois didn't confide in him.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
If your Lois is anything like 'my' Lois, she might have given Lex the impression that she'll go along with his 'proposal' to gain her some time to figure out what she has to do. BUT, she would never actually go through with it because it would be too much of a betrayal of the man who has come to mean so much to her, and it would make her like all those who had 'used' her for their own gain.

Tank (who has confidence that Chris will have Lois 'do the right thing' or all the folcs will simply storm her castle, torches in hand)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Right, Tank. I'm definitely not giving out my address to any FOLCs right now!

Think about how embarrassed Lois was to have Clark see her sans clothes....can you really picture her doing it with a complete stranger?

The wheels are turning in her head (and mine) as we speak......

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Where are you!?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm here and work is kicking my -$$ right now but I'm going to try to write a little each night before I go to bed. I don't want to disappoint anyone with these last two chapters ...I want them to be really special....thanks for asking.

Chris

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNO!!!!! Oh, no, Lois cannot go through with it. It would devistate Clark to have her cheat on him (willingly, if not reluctantly) with Luthor. And Luthor, of course, would let Clark know... probably even post pictures / video on the internet. Hello, bad guy, never keeps his promises.

Lois needs to confide with someone. Clark would be the best, but I'd take Bruce, Lucy or Perry at this point. Does she still have Bruce's ring? Let's hope it had a radio transmitter despite Luthor's "wand" thingy and he heard everything. I hope that he'll be able to save the day if Clark cannot (due to lack of information). Because even if Lois agrees to the "date", I cannot see her going through with the sex, and I CAN see Lex forcing the issue. I only see bad things coming from this.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard