Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
“That would be great, Clark. Thank you,” Lois managed to say. She was surprised by herself. Had she honestly agreed?
clap

Lois had to admit that Clark Kent surely had his advantages
So very many advantages...

His lower lips trembled briefly, before he looked at her again, blushing.

“Supper’s ready, Lois. I completely forgot about an appointment. I don’t even have a baby-sitter. Can I ask you to look after Becca?” he asked.
Awww... Tell her the truth, Clark!

She sounded a little insecure and Becca studied her face curiously. She realized with astonishment that Lois was just as uncomfortable with the situation as she was.
Big realization for Becca.

“I asked Santa to get rid of you,” Becca replied frankly.
Awww....

I eagerly await more. And I want to know more about Clark’s history.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Loved it, but you wnat me to be honest, I'd have to say that it was way too short.

My favourite quote. Even more so because Becca refers to her wish as 'something bad'. Looks like both girls in Clark's life are coming around. thumbsup

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup

“Supper’s ready.” Lois smiled. “And your daddy prepared it, so chances are good that it’s edible.”

Becca cracked a weak smile as well. “He’s pretty good at cooking, not as good as Grandma, though.” She went over to the kitchen and Lois followed the little girl.
This is a good start. thumbsup

“Wow,” Lois exclaimed “Your room’s beautiful!”

“Isn’t it?” Becca agreed. “I almost missed it. I was so excited that I didn’t turn on the light and ran downstairs real fast. I couldn’t believe it when there was nothing under the tree.”

“Nothing?” Lois asked incredulously. “That must have been pretty tough.” She tried to imagine how she would have felt in Rebecca’s place. Most likely devastated, crying.

“I thought that it was because I had done something bad,” Becca explained. “Daddy woke up and he showed me that I was mistaken. Santa hadn’t left me out.” She smiled mischievously.
hyper Becca is curious about Lois and she giving another chance.

“And what kind of bad thing could you possibly have done to deserve such a thing?” Lois was incredibly curious. She wondered what kind of little sins Clark’s daughter would commit.

hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
laugh

I especially like this:
For a moment Lois hoped that he would bend forward like he had done under the mistletoe a couple of days ago. She still hadn’t forgotten about the kiss. And she still was curious as to how it would feel if Clark kissed her now for real.
/me thinks she's going to like it when she finds out. hehehe

Nice part - liking the little changes you made. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I eagerly await more. And I want to know more about Clark’s history.
You'll have to wait a little, Nancy. Even Lara hasn't read that yet. I'm working on it, I really am.

I'm glad you like this part. I'm back as soon as I can. wave

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I liked seeing Clark and Lois trying to solve the puzzling and disquieting Meadows case together. There is a very ominous green, green glow to that story!

And I very, very much liked how Clark and Lois seemed to be getting closer to each other:

“I still need to thank you, Lois,” he said suddenly.

“What for, Clark?” she asked and went closer to him to have a look at the result of his cooking efforts.

“For listening to me today. I know I was unfriendly and rude to you because I didn’t really want to talk about the issue. You helped me, a lot. Thank you, Lois!” He looked at her sincerely.
How sweet...

She noticed his honest brown eyes, the warm smile on his face. His soft lips. Why was she thinking of them again?
Yes, why? wink

“I… I couldn’t really help you, Clark.” Her voice sounded hoarse for some reason.
Oh, this sentence is so full of longing and regrets and I-wish-it-could-have-beens....

“Sure you did, Lois. I’m glad that we became friends. I haven’t had a friend since Becca’s mom died ,” he replied. “You don’t know how much this means to me.”
Aawwww...

For a moment Lois hoped that he would bend forward like he had done under the mistletoe a couple of days ago.
Oh, yes! Please do.

And she had seen that strange expression on his face again, shortly before he had given her the first quote that anyone had ever gotten from Superman. *I’m here to help. That’s all I can say for now.* Why did she have this feeling that this really was everything he could possibly tell her? Somehow his expression had conveyed such an utter loneliness that it had been heart wrenching. Just when Lois had wanted to ask him about that, he had left her to save the world another time.
This is very beautifully written. Lois understands something about Superman's loneliness. And somehow she is making a connection between Clark and Superman in her mind.

However, Clark didn’t try to kiss her. He raised his head instead, having this far away look on his face that he sometimes had. A rush of different feelings that Lois couldn’t really describe obviously went through him. There was insecurity and embarrassment, maybe guilt as well. His lower lips trembled briefly, before he looked at her again, blushing.
It's a job for Superman!

“Supper’s ready, Lois. I completely forgot about an appointment. I don’t even have a baby-sitter. Can I ask you to look after Becca?” he asked.
Yes! I'm glad he asked Lois.

“Sure, Clark,” Lois replied, startled. He really was completely unable to organize his daily life.
rotflol

And Lois and Becca are left alone together. Good. This is really a way of bringing Lois into Becca's life, into Becca and Clark's lives.

“Does he leave you alone once in a while?” Lois asked. She wondered what Clark would have done, hadn’t she been there.

“He never leaves me alone,” Becca replied, firmly.
Interesting....

Becca knew that her daddy was off to save people that were probably in danger of dying without him. And she knew that he wouldn’t have left if it hadn’t been for Lois agreeing to stay with her. He would have been sitting next to her, barely touching his own supper, trying to act as if nothing was wrong.
Oh! So that's what he has done when he has had no baby-sitter! It's sure a good thing that Lois is there now, then.

Lois was amazed. She knew pretty well that this wasn’t Santa’s work but Clark’s. He had let her in on the secret, but hadn’t told her much about it. She had known just enough to agree on distracting the little girl so that he could prepare everything. She would never have expected that the result would be so good. The room looked really like the fulfillment of her own childhood dreams.
Hey, aren't you going to tell us what her room looked like?

I was so excited that I didn’t turn on the light and ran downstairs real fast. I couldn’t believe it when there was nothing under the tree.”

“Nothing?” Lois asked incredulously. “That must have been pretty tough.” She tried to imagine how she would have felt in Rebecca’s place. Most likely devastated, crying.

“I thought that it was because I had done something bad,” Becca explained.
Ohhh....

“And what kind of bad thing could you possibly have done to deserve such a thing?” Lois was incredibly curious. She wondered what kind of little sins Clark’s daughter would commit.

Oh, wow! Becca told Lois!

Well, I seriously hope that that was the first and only Christmas when Becca is going to ask Santa (or anyone else) to get rid of Lois.

Fascinating, Barbara!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh but I told you what the room looks like, Ann.

The room looks different. It’s brighter. There are pictures on the wall, of her mother, her grandparents and her daddy. Others show flowery fields and mythical creatures. There is also a huge poster of Aladdin. Next to her bed, there is a new nightstand. A small carpet covers the floor and she sees a shelf with a few books that she doesn’t recognize. A garland of flowers is hanging from the shelf. On a desk in a corner of the room, there is a little jewelry box. It is open and a small ballerina smiles at Becca. She seems to wink. Next to the ballerina there is a set of small plastic cups and there sits a fluffy teddy bear with a little golden crown on his head. Becca’s mouth gapes open.
Thanks for your feedback. I can tell you that you'll like the following two parts, Ann.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Top Banana
Top Banana
I can't wait to read Lois's reaction to that statement!

Looking forward to chapter 8!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've been really terrible about reviewing for this but I wanted to let you know I have been around and I have been following it. smile I can't wait to see Lois' reaction to Becca's statement. laugh Great job!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard