Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#38816 02/10/07 08:07 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
OMG...Smirky! I'm so glad that you posted and this did not become another abandoned story! hyper This chapter was so full of emotions ans so colorfully painted.

Lois keeps recalling the kaleidoscope of Luthor...Superman...Clark...but not quite blending them where they should be blended. When will she ever find out or when will Clark ever tell her that he is Superman? Enough already! I'm ready for a revelation! party

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#38817 02/10/07 08:26 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hello, everyone! Thanks again for the reviews!

MetroRhodes wrote:
Hi Smirky! I made it!

I loved this part. I love that Lois finally used the space between her ears to figure out that there was more to Clark than meets the eye and that there was definitely more to Lex than meets the eye. <shiver>

I, too, am curious as to how you are playing the Lex/cancer angle... if Lex was for sure behind Bureau 39 and if he was having the Kryptonite experiments done in an attempt to see how they would react to his cancer.

Very interesting part...
I hope it made people think. Things are starting to appear that we've been waiting for, I think...

Thanks for your review, MetroRhodes!

Wonderful chapter! It's great to see Clark getting back some of his spark. Lois is finally getting some brains, its about time she figured out Lex is a devil, and Clark is much better than she has been giving him credit for. Keep up the great writing!!!
Thanks, G. Khun! Things are certainly starting to pick up a little bit, I think. I'm glad you're still liking how it's going.

P.S. I enjoyed your picture in the OT files. Its nice to put a face with a name.
Hehee. More innocent than you expected? Or just more mischievous?

This story gets better and better, Smirky. You have some serious talent
Thanks, Mrs. Mosley! It's really great to hear that. This story is certainly taking over my life, and I hope I'm getting better with the experience. <crosses fingers> I'm glad you're still enjoying everything (even with the typos. laugh Neither my sister or my brother had time to pre-read this chapter before I posted it, and seeing as I was in such a big hurry myself, I'm afraid some stuff slipped through). Thanks for your review! goofy laugh thumbsup

Thanks again for the reviews, everyone! Now I'm off to bed!

SmirkyRaven

#38818 02/11/07 07:45 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
*waves* Hi Smirky!

Loved the chapter. ^_^ It was a great transition into what is to come and we got to see a lot of revelations (if not the one we want). Lois realizing Lex is scum and Clark realizing he can still be Superman even if he can't fly. smile

thumbsup

Also... I see you answering a lot more FDK... you should be using that time to write! *gets out the whip*

Haha, joking!! You deserve to revel in all of your FDK. You surely deserve it. ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#38819 02/14/07 07:52 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Also... I see you answering a lot more FDK... you should be using that time to write! *gets out the whip*

Haha, joking!! You deserve to revel in all of your FDK. You surely deserve it. ^_^
Hehee. Well, to tell you the truth, FDK is what has kept me from going insane so far this week. I have four big tests this week (I've already taken three), along with 2 papers, 2 quizzes, and the usual readings and such. I haven't had time to work on the next chapter at all until around 9:30 this evening...

Which is why it's a good think I wrote almost all of it over the weekend.

Yep! That means I just barely finished writing chapter 35. So I'm off to bed (it's midnight here), and tomorrow after yet another test I'll give it one last read-through, see if my sister or brother want to help with a proofread for typos, and then have it up within the next 24 hours, but hopefully sooner. <crosses fingers>

Thanks again everyone for the reviews! If you've 'forgotten,' remember it's not too late, and any review at this point would help carry me over my test tomorrow <sage nod>. . .

Bye!

SmirkyRaven

#38820 02/14/07 08:13 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hi Smirky.

I have to say, this last part was incredible. Your use of one word sentences dramatized the story so well. Lois may rethink her hasty judgement on Luthor (even though it is correct) but you portrayed a perfectly natural reaction of fear, and I think that it was a superb way to trigger Lois' awareness of Luthor's criminal potential. Again, great vocabularic and literary touch.

Just wondering, do you have any idea how close you are to finishing this story i.e. do you know where you want to stop, or is it still chapter-to-chapter?

Good luck on your test.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#38821 02/15/07 03:36 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay! My last test of the week is finished with a lovely ending hovering around 93%. It's not perfect, but I am content, after such a week as this!

Just wondering, do you have any idea how close you are to finishing this story i.e. do you know where you want to stop, or is it still chapter-to-chapter?
Hmm...

Do I really want to answer this question? Can I answer this question without sounding very, very disorganized and irresponsible? No, I don't think so.

I'll answer it anyway.

I'm still riding pretty much with the wind here. I have in sight the ending for which I'm aiming, but it's still quite distant, and to tell you the truth...I'd *guess* that I am a little over halfway done....

But, of course, I'm not sure. That could change one way or another quite drastically, knowing myself. I just stand on my disclaimer I posted with my first chapter:

Hello, all. I’ve been following the ff writing around here and around the ‘net in general for some time, but I’ve never been brave enough to actually sit down and dedicate a fair portion of my life to working on my own. I know how long-winded I am and how prone I am to jump off cliffs at the slightest whiff of a good plot, and I’ve been (heaven forbid!) afraid of the commitment I know is necessary to actually stick with it until the end. Just this Monday evening past I decided to put aside all qualms and head into the fray quite blindly. So here I go.
So there you are. You were warned well beforehand that this fic may get very out of hand when it came to length. thumbsup

Is that a good or a bad thing? huh I hope it's a good thing, for all my lovely readers and reviewers out there...

Anyway, the next chapter should be up within the next two hours at most. I hope you all enjoy it!

SmirkyRaven

[edit]Never mind. It took surprisingly little time to edit chapter 35, so there you have it...less than a half an hour later. Go read it and please remember to review, folcs!

#38822 03/25/07 05:44 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Another fabulous chapter.

It seemed appropriate to walk alone, in the dark, unnoticed by those that passed him as the first icy drops of black crystal rain began to fall from the grey skies.
Ohhh black crystal rain, I like!

Fury overtook him. To the would-be-mugger and maybe worse, it seemed like the knife in his hand simply disappeared in a gust of wind—and a terrible pain like he had punched a brick wall rang up his arm.
I'd want to hurt the mugger too, but I know this isn't CK. Oh Clark...

“It was a miracle!” the woman cried. “Just…this wind…and then…the knife, and then the man just…It was a miracle!”
Part of me thought, oh CK's knife, but I know it's not....luckily she didn't scream out it was Superman.

She made a new record for a shower, threw on one of her few dresses that was acceptable for a Lex-level date
I like that description, but now I must go puke and get something to help me through this next part. UGH Lex. mecry

With research my doctors have discovered a type of radiation treatment, and with a slightly altered version of the usual attack against such illness, we have good hope for full recovery.”
Hmmmm.....................

AH ha! I'm running for the next part! Man, it's almost midnight and I feel like a rebel!

Great stuff! My emotions need a break...nah!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard