Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#38737 02/11/07 07:47 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Awww! She was barely in this one, though...
Hmmm. Yes, maybe that was the problem for me. Looking forward to WAFF between *Lois* and Clark in the next installment, then! wink

Ann Ygma

#38738 02/11/07 08:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ann Ygma
Cute, Ann, cute...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#38739 05/26/08 02:17 AM
Blogger
Blogger
If I had realized you guys would keep asking forever (and that I might actually be able to come up with more), I wouldn't have done the revelation so early. Eh. Mind you, I'm almost hoping this one is so bad that you'll stop asking me for more.
*cackles* Oh, aren't readers great that way?!

[He] was hoping for an opportunity to get his picture taken with the guy. Not because he wanted to own such a cheesy piece of memorabilia, rather because he could use it as proof that Batman and Clark Kent were two different people.
LOL - I love that, both are wanting the same thing...

#38740 06/15/08 08:53 AM
Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Lara,

More read-as-you-go FDK for your fun series ...

So when he heard that Luthor was going to be one of the bachelors auctioned off that evening, he had readily accepted. Even better was the thought that he wouldn't even have to spend a single penny in order to have the better hand. He was fairly certain that, considering his reputation, he'd easily bring in the biggest amount of money. Very easily.
- love this reason for going to the auction (and love how he's wishing he'd gone as Batman, later wink )

Not because he actually wanted to own such a cheesy piece of memorabilia, rather because he could use it as proof that Superman and Bruce Wayne were two different people.
- yeah, right ... great rationale, Bruce. I'm sure, in your heart of hearts, you're a fan wink

"Actually," he told Superman with an amused grin, "a lot of women I meet seem to think that I'm you."

For some reason, Superman had not seemed to find it even remotely amusing.
- LOL - and the sad thing is, I actually *said* that just now: I didn't just do it, but I uttered "lol" when I read this ... *shakes her head

All the way back to Gotham, that evening, Bruce wondered what would have happened if he'd shown up as the Dark Knight, instead. He guessed he probably would have won. Women totally went for the dark and disturbed type!
- ROTFL, they so do ... you sure know your women, Bruce ... love the phrase "dark and disturbed type" smile

Annoying overachieving showoff. That's what Superman was.
- great reaction, very believable for someone with a bruised male ego smile

But the male half of Metropolis' best reporting team was in for quite a few surprises!
- love all the mirroring for Clark's and Bruce's POV:

"But Gotham City's billionaire playboy was in for quite a few surprises!"
"The other surprises ..."
Not because he wanted to own such a cheesy piece of memorabilia, rather because he could use it as proof that Batman and Clark Kent were two different people.
great expression here:
Even though he was technically in the Dark Knight's jurisdiction
and love how this does not *exactly* mirror the lines about the "mole" earlier:

He looked at the man facing him and examined his features closely. The shape of the nose, the curve of the jaw and that small freckle right above his lip.
- it's such a red herring, too ... I thought that would mean that he might *not* figure it out, after all - you clever misleading lady, you smile

"Hey, you're Sup..." Batman started

"You're Bru..." Clark said, simultaneously.
- and what do we learn from this? Never underestimate Batman (or Clark)

"Me? I guess that explains why people also think I'm you. But seriously, you mean to tell me that you work with her and she hasn't seen through a pair of glasses and that insanely ugly tie? Is she blind?"
- you and Tempus should really get together some time ... love the "insanely ugly tie" comment ... leave it to Batman to insult a fellow superhero smile

"Oh, my God! Is that Batman? You better be getting an interview from him, now, you hear me?"
That's *so* Lois, very nice smile

He... um, he saved me?" Clark offered.
- LOL, I can absolutely see the way he "offers" this (love the word choice here)

No wonder Superman wore a flashy costume! His other self was so subdued that he let himself be pushed around by a tiny little woman.
- spot on, Brucie ... not to say you don't have issues of your own, though wink

And I love the in-joke about The Flash (thought I personally didn't get it - but hey, now I've learned something).

Thanks for posting this, it's great fun smile

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard