Next Thread
Print Thread
#38632 02/06/07 01:55 PM
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
it certainly seemed easier to maintain a secret second identity as a superhero if you were male.
LOL! I've got a picture of Clark wearing the suit under a sleeveless dress!

Perry had a hand clamped tightly around her upper arm, hard enough to bruise if she hadn’t been invulnerable.
We know what Perry's thinking!

Good chapter, Janet. Scary chapter. Can't wait to see how they are going to get out of this!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! grumble

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
If Trask is shooting innocents, his men won't stay with him for very long. It's one thing to fire on a group of unarmed people who are rushing at you with fire in their eyes and a yowl in their throat. It's another thing altogether to shoot hostages who are merely sitting against a wall. If Trask is willing to do that, then he's more than just a little nuts, and his subordinates already don't like it.

If Lois is willing to tip her super-hand, she could jump up and run to the box and grab it and smash through the wall and run away and let Superman clean up the mess. But that's a last resort, and even that brief exposure to kryptonite will make her leery of trying it.

You're building to a dynamite ending, full of dragons and heroes and undaunted courage. I look forward to the next part, knowing that Lois will do the right thing at the right time.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, found this fascinating, but of course scary. As for Trask as a nutcase... he always seemed that way to me. This should be a blow to that part of the military that insists that Superman is more dangerous than themselves. Now Bureau 39 have proved to the public that their aim is to kill Superman and, if necessary, kill whatever innocents happen to come in their way. It's going to be hard for the government to keep up the funding for their Superman death squad after this.

This is a very, very hard and difficult situation for Lois to deal with. It could certainly end in disaster, but it could also be the chance that Lois needs to prove to herself that she is a heroine. Now she can really fight the dragons, as Terry said.

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks, you guys. blush

goofy

Yes, Maria, I agree. Trask is nuts, and he is dangerous. And like Ann, I always saw him that way in the series - that matter-of-fact attitude and his straight-arrow looks combined with his unblinking ruthlessness... eek I found him one of the scarier villians because he was so... hidden in plain sight. And yes, Bureau 39 isn't going to look good over this, are they?

Terry, you have an awful lot of faith in me; I hope I can deliver. blush I know the 'middle' of this story may seem to some readers like a lot of just... I don't know, cruising along without much action, but every time I tried to move things on (dragon-fighting-wise), this version of Lois would demonstrate that there was something else she had to work through. She did a pretty good job of reaching adulthood with her sanity intact, but there was an awful lot of stuff she just didn't get a chance at - meeting Clark sort of tipped her into full participation.

You know Clark; if he shows up, his inclination will be to come in fast, as you describe, and grab that box.

The next part will probably be posted this weekend; in the meantime, I have something completely different that popped up on my Muse's horizon and distracted her. Now that it's done, I'll post it and get back to TGND.

'Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard