Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
That prologue was aas good as the story. Both were excellent. I noticed how all your titles begin with S, and I like it. It's a nice signature.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I noticed how all your titles begin with S, and I like it. It's a nice signature.
Yippee, someone noticed. Did you also notice the other pattern? wink It's not only beginning with S. A hint, look at the first letter of the second word laugh

I'm glad you like it, woody. It was your challenge after all.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Kerth
Kerth
Well, Barbara, I think you've dug yourself a hole again, with Lois being pregnant and Doc Klein *not* wanting to be responsible for her. thumbsup How about a sequel? grovel "Strange Pregnancy" sounds good to me - and even fits into your pattern!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Yeah, I caught the MNO pattern, but I was also referring to your "Becca" series with the S titles.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
All my titles have an S. It was the same with Suicidal Despair, Silent Agreements and Seven Seconds.

Becca has also F, G, H, I and maybe J as well, I'm not absolutely sure about the last one yet. wink

But I won't go for P with Dr. Klein. No, No, No. grumble

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Okay, here the definitely final part of Dr. Klein's fertility research. It's Ann's fault it even exists.
Okay, I take responsibility! laugh (Except...what do you mean, the definitely final part of Dr. Klein's fertility research?)

Instead of running a series of tests, he was running through his lab, searching frantically for the samples.
rotflol

He had opened up every yoghurt pot that anyone had ever stored in the fridge, hoping to find the most important part of his studies.
So, if you were to share Dr. Klein's fridge and if you put your pot of lunch yoghurt there, and then at lunch you grabbed it and started eating.... eh, I think I'm turning green! Am I pregnant at fifty-one, or did I just ingest a sample from the Martian Manhunter?

His search had left him able to describe new species of mold.
If you have ever shared a fridge with a bunch of other people....

“You lost the *samples*,” Superman repeated, appalled. “Tell me you’re not serious. Don’t say that I have to do it *again*.”
You already read all the magazines, Superman?

“Well, we’ll see. But don’t even start complaining about those five days of abstinence.
It took him five days of abstinence before... he could...? Man! Those magazines must have been so uninspiring. There were no pictures of Lois in them, of course. (Couldn't he have brought Lois to that little sample-collecting room, along with Jimmy Interruptus with a yoghurt pot?)

“It’s not my fault that the stress of chasing Tempus has this effect on me.” For some reason Lois Lane was blushing behind him
rotflol *side-splitting laughter*

Superman’s sperm wasn’t immortal and he couldn’t wait another five days, weeks more likely, given the hero’s active libido.
*adores scientific lingo*

“You go searching for the samples, Superman.”

“How do I recognize them?” the hero wanted to know.

“It’s the only Kryptonian sperm around.” Dr. Klein answered impatiently. “But don’t you dare bring me the animal seed of my co-worker.
*loves the ambiguity* (Is the co-worker an animal? Or is the co-worker working on the seed from an animal?)

Dr. Klein really didn’t want to know what would happen if he needed to go to the MRT.
If he needed to go the Men's Restroom Toilet?

Dr. Klein’s heart sank. Maybe this was some kind of time-sickness after all and Lois was affected. He would have to wait even longer.
Wait for what?

“I’ve had my period.” The two Wells’ blushed, their faces almost violet.
Aaawww... *loves*

“Doesn’t mean anything, Lois,” Dr. Klein muttered, relieved. There was still hope. What Lois had considered her period might have been the implantation.
???????????????????

“There is a test-kit in the armoire over there. It’s for Chimpanzees but I’m pretty sure it works on women as well.
I'll bet!!!!

--------------------
Is that Morse code for what happened when Lois used the test-kit for chimpanzees? Probably! Look what I found stuck half an inch below the screen? A yoghurt pot with something in it - uh, yucky - and this message:

----- -- -------- - ------ --- --------!
-- --- - ----? ----- ---- -- ---- ---- -- ----!!! ----!

(Translation: "I'm pregnant, Superman!

"You're pregnant? Let's go read Dr. Klein's magazines together and drink this and celebrate!!! Cheers!")

So much fun, Barbara! But isn't it a good thing that I found Dr. Klein's missing sample and the last few lines of this story? wink

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It took him five days of abstinence before... he could...?
Usually they say that before a man gives a sample of his sperm he should be abstinent for three days. Especially when you want to do fertility tests, to know the exact number and quality that he really has.

If he needed to go the Men's Restroom Toilet?
rotflol

Ann, what ideas do you have? Is there such a word? I meant Magnetic Resonance Tomography. It's *very* noisy and I'm sure that a man from the 14th century wouldn't like it wink

“Doesn’t mean anything, Lois,” Dr. Klein muttered, relieved. There was still hope. What Lois had considered her period might have been the implantation.
Oh, I guess I'm to Dr. Kleinish myself. Yes, that can indeed cause a bleeding, it wouldn't be as heavy as the regular, but around the same time.

(Translation: "I'm pregnant, Superman!

"You're pregnant? Let's go read Dr. Klein's magazines together and drink this and celebrate!!! Cheers!")
Wonderful, Ann! If any sequel is required, I'm sure you can do it! wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Dr. Klein lost the samples again! LOL!

“You lost the *samples*,” Superman repeated, appalled. “Tell me you’re not serious. Don’t say that I have to do it *again*.”
Almost sounds like you need to make a little nfic version of this... Maybe Lois could ‘help’.

“And it surely wasn’t my idea that Tempus’ shape shifter incarnation did the dance of the seven veils.”
Oh, my god! Clark has sex with Tempus?

Are you gonna give up the story of what happened between Scientific Nightmares and this story? It sounds very interesting.

What’s an MRT? Ah, gotcha... We call that Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) here.

I was a bit confused. I think the story needs expanded! (Please!)

I love how well you've captured Dr. Klein's personality.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, my god! Clark has sex with Tempus?
Nancy, please !!! Do you honestly think that he could have sex with Tempus and still live long enough to tell the story????

What’s an MRT? Ah, gotcha... We call that Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) here.
Speaking of international abbreviation... Why do our abbreviations consist of english words when you use differnt ones ???? But with the MR its difficult anyway: NMR, MRT, MRI, MR...

I love how well you've captured Dr. Klein's personality.
Thanks, Nancy!! sloppy

Are you gonna give up the story of what happened between Scientific Nightmares and this story? It sounds very interesting.
As I said, this was the final part! I mean it.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nancy, please !!! Do you honestly think that he could have sex with Tempus and still live long enough to tell the story????
Well, you said Tempus was shape shifting. I thought maybe Clark might not have known it. I knew Clark wouldn’t have done this, but I was trying to say that that was the way it sounded to me. Clark wasn’t doing a very good job of ‘waiting’ or being abstinent and when I read the following that’s how it sounded to me...

“It’s not my fault that the stress of chasing Tempus has this effect on me.” For some reason Lois Lane was blushing behind him, but that wasn’t really important to Dr. Klein. “And it surely wasn’t my idea that Tempus’ shape shifter incarnation did the dance of the seven veils.” Superman tried to defend himself.
Oh, well, sorry I can't convince you to write another part.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't think it would do the story any good if I wrote another part. Besides, I'm busy writing Becca's story and maybe I'm going to lose her on the way if I write too much outside.

You can make it a challenge, if you like wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard