Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38514 02/04/07 01:56 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
This fic is HILARIOUS!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#38515 02/04/07 02:25 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap rotflol

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#38516 02/04/07 04:22 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The ending was inspired by LaraMoon’s “Cut From the Same Cape” and Classicalla’s “The Yellow Towel”.
Hehe...

Batman slapped a hand to his cowled forehead. “No! Now we have to meet here tomorrow after I procure another charter for us! Do you have *any idea* how much this type of letterhead *costs*??”
Like Batman would care.

Don’t tell me Clark wouldn’t have noticed that everyone else was signing their super hero name? He’s pretty smart.

Oh, come on. LnC Clark is not that dorky. He’s just not.

He had been scrambling all day to collect signatures for all of the B-574 forms that he needed to have ready by tomorrow.
Oh, my.

Did Becky ever really find out about Clark. I thought she just knew that her dad had switched bodies with Superman.

“Clark? Where are the notes for our new story? Oh, never mind, I found them- HEY! NOW YOU’VE GOT A LOT OF NERVE, BUSTER!”
Oh, my, this had me laughing!

Knowing exactly what would keep Superman on his best behavior, Lois had enclosed a baby picture of Clark that showed his bare bottom peeking out from behind a towel, with a note that said “Threaten to copy and circulate.”

Yes, Superman was not one to trifle with consequences such as those.
Pounding my desk in laughter. The cat’s looking at me funny. I’m laughing so hard that my cheeks hurt!

Oh, Victor, that was hilarious!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#38517 02/04/07 04:27 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Absolutely hilarious. I was laughing at every part, but when you got to the connection between your inspiration and the storyline (the picture) I cracked up. Yep, the world could be saved from the strongest Superhero by a baby picture. Imagine though, he has taken over the world, and is supreme dictator, but everyone's still laughing at him.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#38518 02/04/07 04:49 PM
V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Originally posted by Classicalla:

Batman slapped a hand to his cowled forehead. “No! Now we have to meet here tomorrow after I procure another charter for us! Do you have *any idea* how much this type of letterhead *costs*??”
Like Batman would care.

Don’t tell me Clark wouldn’t have noticed that everyone else was signing their super hero name? He’s pretty smart.

Oh, come on. LnC Clark is not that dorky. He’s just not.

Did Becky ever really find out about Clark. I thought she just knew that her dad had switched bodies with Superman.

Knowing exactly what would keep Superman on his best behavior, Lois had enclosed a baby picture of Clark that showed his bare bottom peeking out from behind a towel, with a note that said “Threaten to copy and circulate.”

Yes, Superman was not one to trifle with consequences such as those.
Pounding my desk in laughter. The cat’s looking at me funny. I’m laughing so hard that my cheeks hurt!

Oh, Victor, that was hilarious!!
Yeah, I actually thought that the charter signature thing made Clark a bit too dorky myself - it was just the funniest way that I could think of to have the Justice League need to meet again and have it be Clark's fault. I mean, seriously, an organization of people from so many different places, and yet everyone can attend regular meetings with no problems at all? I think not!

I think that Becky did know about Clark - I seem to remember her calling him Mr. Kent at least a couple of times in that episode. Plus her father told her she was going to switch bodies with Clark Kent, and she saw him do it firsthand.

Hmm, my name's actually Vincent, but there's an interesting story behind that. In high school I had a friend called Victor, and for some reason people would often call him Vincent and me Victor. The names are kind of similar smile

It was kind of funny because we looked nothing alike. Well, other than both of us being Asian males who wear glasses.

Oh, and Woody summed up the spirit of the ending perfectly. It's hard to live in fear of an evil tyrant when you've seen his compromising baby pictures. smile

#38519 02/04/07 05:13 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
rotflol

Oh. My. God. That was the funniest thing I have read since QoC's Rescued. That was fabulous. Thanks for sharing!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#38520 02/04/07 05:17 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, that's classic! rotflol My non-fanfic-reading spouse is gonna love this one...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#38521 02/04/07 05:53 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh.... I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type....

Well, I knew that Lara's yellow towel covering much of baby Clark, but not his bottom, would be a classic. You have certainly made sure it is by now, Vincent!!!

smile1

Ann

#38522 02/04/07 06:38 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The ending was inspired by LaraMoon’s “Cut From the Same Cape” and Classicalla’s “The Yellow Towel”.
Huh! Something tells me there's going to be a bare bottom somewhere in there... *lol*

I kind of started wondering what the Justice League might look like in L&C, somehow I ended up thinking of this.
hehehehe! smile I kinda wondered about that too. In fact, I left myself an opening to create one at the end of one of my fics. Hopefully someday, I'll even find time to write about it. wink

Surely Superman, the one accounted to be the greatest among them, could not possibly be such a dork?
LOL! Of course he can - he's so incredibly naive. But it's so cute... smile

I can just see him slapping his forehead and I'm so cracking up! And I find it incredibly amusing that a billionaire (or two!) would complain about the price of anything. hehehe!

The Martian Manhunter simply closed his eyes while he let out a long-suffering sigh.
Betcha he's thinking about how illogical humans are? LOL!

“Yeah, you know – those forms that you have people sign when they discover your secret identity? Geez, man, did you just decide to put on a suit one day?”
snort!! rotflol

Since then, they had decided that it would be better for him to inhabit a chimpanzee’s body.
Choke! Not the chimp! Nooooo!

Furthermore, Superman is henceforth forbidden to even *think* about looking at another woman.
Muahahahaha! That's the best one yet. wink

Clark replaced “piece of hidden kryptonite” with “black teddy.”
[Linked Image]

hehehehe! laugh

Loved it, this was just WAY too funny!! I should have you finish my "Clark Kent is Batman... NOT!" series - you're so much funnier than I am. hehehe! I'll be grinning for a while now. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#38523 02/04/07 07:02 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm, my name's actually Vincent
Ooops. I knew that didn’t sound quite right. Should have double checked. Sorry!

Geez, man, did you just decide to put on a suit one day?”
Yeah, he just sort of did, didn’t he?

Still laughing at this. Now she just needs to add a pic of the adult Clark’s butt!

#38524 02/04/07 10:39 PM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Oh Geez! I'm pretty sure I've never laughed that much in reading a story! The end, specifically, is SO HILARIOUS!! I was laughing all alone in front of my computer. Very good!

#38525 02/04/07 10:48 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I so loved this story, especially the ending. but one thing worries me:
“OK, the purpose of this meeting is to discuss contingency measures. As you are all no doubt aware, if one of us is ever hypnotized, brainwashed, or otherwise turned to evil while in the line of duty, that person could seriously compromise security.” Green Lantern said as he addressed the Justice League.
I hope this Green Lantern is not Hal Jordan? Then the JLA is in dire trouble. We all know what happened with comic book Hal, after all. evil

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#38526 02/04/07 11:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I hope this Green Lantern is not Hal Jordan? Then the JLA is in dire trouble. We all know what happened with comic book Hal, after all.
Duh.... No.

#38527 02/04/07 11:57 PM
Kerth
Kerth
He went a little mad, tried to take over the world - or was it the universe? Well, he ended up being the Specter for some reason.

#38528 02/05/07 12:46 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Okay, it was something like this... his city, Sun City(?) was totalled, and absolutely everyone in it died (we're talking millions - this is one of the reasons why I hardly ever read comic books any more). After that he slowly went crazy, and - if I remember correctly - he killed the other Green Lanterns of the universe and absorbed their power, and, well... I lost interest after that.

Ann

#38529 02/05/07 01:15 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I never was a huge Green Lantern fan. I only read about them in Justice League.

#38530 02/05/07 01:34 AM
Kerth
Kerth
My, what is it today with all those double and triple posts? Bakasi even managed to send one of hers six times!

So, off the rant: I've never been a Green Lantern fan, but I've heard about this story second- or thirdhand. Whatever.

#38531 02/05/07 03:57 AM
V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Ah, the green lantern that I had in mind when writing this was John Stewart.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard