Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! grumble They need another dog.

thumbsup

Lex Luthor was somewhat surprised at her first meeting with the infamous Lois Lane. She was more attractive than he had thought she would be. He had read all the articles about her when she had gone missing. Extremely unflattering photos of a *very* overweight Lois Lane had been plastered all over the tabloids, as well as pictures of a slimmer doppelganger of her that had mysteriously appeared and disappeared a few years later.

The Lois Lane that appeared before Lex Luthor now was still a bit on the heavy side, but classy, wearing an expensive business suit with a “Metro” hair style. Her big brown eyes shone with intelligence and spirit.
thumbsup

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Heh heh. Even when she's plus size, *everybody* love Lois! goofy

One nitpick though: Did Bruce actually lift and carry her?! clap
More soon, please. smile

~•~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, I'm sure Bruce was carrying her, Mary! He's Batman, remember?

Like Maria, I was really scared to find out that Lex and Nigel knew everything about what Lois had done on his field of Kryptonite fertilizers, and how Batman had saved her. And they knew about LabRat, too! Imagine, Dog24!!! grumble Does that mean that Lex and Nigel have at least twentey-three other dogs like LabRat?

“About twenty minutes, Mr. Luthor. Do you expect to keep your interview appointment with the Lane woman?”

“Not only am I keeping the appointment, Nigel... I am absolutely thrilled to meet her. Ms. Lane and I may be quite… inseparable… if you know what I mean.”
Awful!!! That mustn't happen, Chris!

And wouldn't you know that there would be a hostage situation that would keep Clark occupied, now that Lois is in danger?

I, too, love how Bruce is attracted even to a plus-size Lois, and Lois isn't wasting the opportunity to ogle Bruce a bit. At the same time, though, it's so obvious that Clark is the one she loves.

Lois blushed. “You’re just eye candy until my man comes back, Mr. Wayne,” she sassed. “Go get ready, I don’t have all day.”

Bruce grinned. Lois Lane was definitely one of a kind. He suddenly realized that it was the first time he had found himself attracted to a plus-size woman. Her personality was irresistible, as was the fire that burned inside those big brown eyes!
Oh, how sweet!

Bruce came back in and handed Lois the hanger holding her new suit and shoes. “Here. I hope it fits. I”ll pay the bill for the coffee and disappear. When you come out of the rest room, go into the lounge and wait for Luthor. I’ll be watching, don’t worry. Take this,” he said, placing a ring in the palm of her hand. “If you start to feel that things are falling apart, rub the gem and it will send me a signal.”

“Cool gadgets, Batman,” she whispered to him, leaning over to kiss him on the cheek. “You’re really a wonderful guy, Bruce. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone. I wouldn’t want to ruin your reputation,” Lois winked.
Bruce is sure handy to have around!

Like Maria, I loved this part:

Lex Luthor was somewhat surprised at his first glimpse of the infamous Lois Lane. She was more attractive than he had thought she would be. He had read all the articles about her when she had gone missing. Extremely unflattering photos of a *very* overweight Lois Lane had been plastered all over the tabloids, as well as pictures of a slimmer doppelganger of her that had mysteriously appeared and disappeared a few years later.

The Lois Lane that appeared before Lex Luthor now was still a bit on the heavy side, but classy, wearing an expensive business suit with a “Metro” hair style. Her big brown eyes shone with intelligence and spirit. It seemed almost impossible that this woman was the one in the satellite pictures from an hour or two ago. How did she clean up so fast? Yes, this woman offered him intrigue. He changed his strategy and decided he would go along for the ride and see where it would take him.
And like Mary, I have to say it's great to see that even a plus-size Lois is attractive to all men! laugh

Ah, but... there are two chapers left. What will happen in the penultimate chapter? Will Lex try to do something horrible to Lois?

Come back soon with more, please!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I was a bit worried about having a Clark-less chapter but I used it for exposition on Bruce and Luthor. And I might go an extra chapter on this, and there will be a sequel - but it will begin a few years later....let's see what happened after the newness of their relationship quieted down.

I know that in a lot of relationships (girls, back me up here willya?), things are great in the beginning, but then the guy gets more controlling and starts nagging you about your weight, your looks in general, etc.

I don't think Clark is this shallow. But I'm going to explore that angle a bit. Plus, Lois' worry about having kids and gaining weight will be explored.

In the meantime, Lex Luthor is intrigued by this feisty girl reporter who stole his dog and rolled around his wheat field and still managed to make her interview appointment looking like a million bucks! Stay tuned!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It was nice to actually see that Lois wasn't superbly confident for a change. Her anxiety when she first see Luthor was well-timed. After all, Lois has been out of the game for five years, she's been getting by on bluff and drive as she's been rehoning her skills.

Now comes her first real test.

Tank (who is totally fine with Clarkless instalments)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Tank! I'm honored you're following this fic! Yeah, well, I know that our Lois always puts up a brave front, but this Alt-Lois has always suffered from self-esteem issues; reporting is the one thing she was always confident about. I think under these circumstances, however, I'd be a bit of a nervous wreck myself!

Chris

Columnist
Columnist
I love this fic and I hope Lex will stay put. Can't stand him. Aargh!

Great writing.

Can't wait for the next part.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She had been described by her journalistic peers to be “like a pit bull on a pant leg”
One of the best lines ever from Smallville.

The GPS chip embedded in his back led us to James Olsen’s house.
I was thinking they had that removed.

Lois blushed. “You’re just eye candy until my man comes back, Mr. Wayne,” she sassed.
Oh, I just love Lois’ sassiness here.

“Pumps, 3.5 inch heel, whatever color will match the outfit.”
Wow, those are really high! And she’s going to walk in high heels with a sprained ankle? Brave woman.

And he’s my oracle.
Cute play on the hero, Oracle.

I have no idea how much Lois weighs (having little sense of measurement, be it space, time, or other), but I'm going to guess that Bruce must *really* have been working out.
My guess is that he could have easily picked up a woman that wore an 18W. She’d be less than 200 #, and that would be piece of cake for him.

I’m wondering if Luthor was involved in that hostage situation.

I know that in a lot of relationships (girls, back me up here willya?), things are great in the beginning, but then the guy gets more controlling and starts nagging you about your weight, your looks in general, etc.

I don't think Clark is this shallow. But I'm going to explore that angle a bit. Plus, Lois' worry about having kids and gaining weight will be explored.
Well, I can certainly seeing Clark nagging her because of health reasons. Especially if she started having blood pressure problems, etc.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah, Nancy, I loved the "pitbull on a pant leg" line...it was kinda funny that it was Clark describing Lois. Wait until the future, when she suspects that Clark is Superman....

Anyway, re: LabRat's chip: he had an ID microchip that is scanned to locate the owners, but there was also a GPS chip that Clark didn't know about....specific to Luthor's satellites...back in the late 90's these types of chips would have been really state of the art....in fact they are just coming on the market now in 2007 - mostly they are attached to a pet's collar...they give the exact location of the missing animal (right now they cost about $300 and there is a monthly monitoring fee of about $15/mth - if your pet wanders past the default boundaries, you get a text message on your cellphone with the exact whereabouts of your missing pet - how cool is that??)

Anyway, I'll make sure that gets clarified in a future chapter.............

Thanks for the feedback!

Chris

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I don't mind the Clark-less chapter either. In fact, I'm impressed that Lois was able to pull her appearance together (even with that huge assist from Bruce) in time for her Luthor interview. And she may be more confident in being a woman than she is in being a reporter. She was nervous about meeting Luthor, which would be perfectly understandable if she'd been at the top of her game, but she wasn't nervous about giving both Bruce and the young waiter a once-over! I guess it's all right if she doesn't actually taste that eye candy.

The only niggle I had was that you put a plus-sized woman with a badly twisted ankle in three-inch heels! Ow! Fashionable is one thing, but safety should be a major concern here. Even with no injuries, I'd think Lois would opt for flats or low heels, simply because she would have had little occasion to wear them while in the jungle. She's not used to them, and a swollen ankle would make it even harder to wear them, much less walk in them.

But you did tell us that her ankle was "screaming at her" and that she was enough in control to ignore the pain. This is a very strong woman. And Clark had better get back quick, or Lex and Bruce are going to end up arm-wrestling over her.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL Terry.... you see, sometimes an overweight woman wears tall heels because they make her look thinner....there is an expression about "If I was (fill in the blank) feet tall, I'd be the right weight for my height!"...

Personally I didn't think of 3.5" heels as being particularly high... but I don't think Lois was thinking about how sore her feet were, the 3.5" inch heel remark just rolled right off tongue!

Thanks for the feedback, and it is quite a turnabout when Lois is more confident flirting with men than she is interviewing someone prominent like Luthor...

But she only has that confidence because she knows that Clark loves her.....

Chris

Top Banana
Top Banana
the next chapter is up....this may be a deal-breaker for some of you!!!

Chris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard