Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
That's a tough conversation to have with a--how old is Becca again?--six-year-old.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm so lazy, Barbara, I've been waiting for someone else to start the FDK thread.

I admire how you handled Clark's conversation with Becca. I thought you wrote it so well. Clark told Becca enough, but not more than this little six-year-old girl could handle. I'm glad, too, that it was Becca who had the final say as to whether her friend would be with them on Saturday.

Very well written! Looking forward to more.

Ann

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I'm so lazy, Barbara, I've been waiting for someone else to start the FDK thread.
Lazy, Ann? Are you afraid of the long s-word, huh? laugh

No long feedback of you? goofy

/me goes off to prepare a new kiss between our favorite couple. peep

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Kerth
Kerth
This was awesome. And the topic was more than serious. Still, you managed to pull it off in a way that makes me believe that you'll make a really great mom sometime.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part, Barbara!

Even after re-reading part 4, I was just a tad bit confused about why Clark would think Lois would be upset. Was he worried that he hadn’t told her that he was Superman?

The problem was that he really should mention this.
That the meteorite was really a spaceship??

Betrayal?

Though he hadn’t thought that possible, Clark had recognized one of the men from the other night in the victim. The man had been killed when he had been unconscious. And Clark hadn’t told Lois about this; he hadn’t told her that he knew the victim.
Maybe I’m just tired, but remind me...

Oooh... Ryan Northwood. The mystery increases.
But she looked absolutely happy and Clark was grateful to be greeted by this kind of expression. It cheered him up like even watching Lois hadn’t been able to.
Aww...

But there she was again, the terrible Mrs. Edwards.
Mean lady... razz

Clark mused that the incident with the policemen on the night of Lily’s death was one of the major reasons why the Child Services were watching him so closely.
Oooohh... Tell me, tell me!

Lap Dog Lane
rotflol

Clark hoped that Child Services would leave them alone some day soon.
Oh, I hope so, too!!

“Why did I have to lie to her, Daddy? I already know the answer, it’s *No*, anyway.” Becca asked sadly as she strolled over to him after she had said good-bye to her friends.
Awww.... Poor Becca!

“I don’t really want Anna to see the lady,” Becca said. “I didn’t like the way the last one looked at me when I told her that I sleep in your bed sometimes. She even asked me if you touch me and where you do that. It was kind of silly.”

“She asked you where I touch you?” Clark asked hoarsely.
Poor Clark!

She shrugged. “I thought you’d listen in, anyway.”

Clark cracked a weak smile. “You had to know that I wouldn’t, pumpkin.”
Oh, wow, I can hardly believe he’s not listening in when those ‘nice ladies’ are talking to his daughter.

“What’s this about, Daddy? It has to be something awful,” Becca whispered and sat down beside him. “What’s so bad about you touching me?”

“I can’t convince you to forget about that question until you’re older, can I?”
Oh, poor Clark!

Clark watched Becca’s expression trying to find out if there was anything else she wanted to know.
Umm... Yeah, Clark. Maybe you need to tell her just where she shouldn’t be touched. Great job with that talk!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Part 6 might come up with some delay. Following parts are already written, but real life can be very busy.
Btw... she means mine as much as hers here. I'm desperately trying to keep up with what she sends, but I can only find time to read them on the week-ends. So when you start blaming her for not posting, remember there's a bottleneck elsewhere too. *lol*

Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitänspatent
Easy: Danube steamshipping company captain's license

hehehe! Yes, I'm a being a wise-a$$ goofy

Just going to quote one little bit because I love it!
A jolt of electricity shot through his body as soft female hands touched his shoulders. He looked up, startled. Lois was leaning forward to look over his shoulder as he was sitting at his desk.
It's cute because she fells OK enough around him to do that and because of the reaction it caused in him. smile I can't wait for Lois to start having some reactions of her own, btw. *lol* wink

I'm glad you liked the part. As soon as I had written it I sent it to Lara, asking if I was better off to remove it. She told me it was okay, but I have to admit that I was still not completely sure it was a good idea.
I still think you did a great job with it. smile

~Lara (who's off to read the next parts so Barbara can post them for you soon!)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Their friendship was not strong enough to survive his betrayal, assuming that what he suspected turned out to be right. What had he been thinking? Well, he hadn’t thought at all. Clark had just seen the face of the dead man who had been found at the docks and panic had made further decisions.
Ahh, Nancy, I think you are tired. What exactly made you believe this was about Superman? Clark hasn't told Lois that he knows the victim and I don't think she will take that kindly if she finds out. He still hasn't told her.

There are some things that he is holding back because they are related to the confession that he is Superman. But they are important and Lois deserves to know about them.

Still, you managed to pull it off in a way that makes me believe that you'll make a really great mom sometime.
Thanks Mellie. I hope you are right, though Becca is of course just a fictional child and maybe far too nice and patient to be close to reality. But for being a mom I should find a boyfriend and future husband first, don't you think? *sigh* No one in sight. Where are they?

Easy: Danube steamshipping company captain's license
Lara, cheating is unfair!!!! laugh

It's cute because she fells OK enough around him to do that and because of the reaction it caused in him. I can't wait for Lois to start having some reactions of her own, btw. *lol*
Who tells you she doesn't? This is Clark's POV. But I have a scene in mind that you'll certainly love. Gonna write it today, I guess. (And sent it to you this evening ?! My evening of course... wink ) It's already noon again, can't believe it. Sunday's are too short. wallbash

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Okay, here's a bit more feedback...

Though he hadn’t thought that possible, Clark had recognized one of the men from the other night in the victim. The man had been killed when he had been unconscious. And Clark hadn’t told Lois about this; he hadn’t told her that he knew the victim.
Clark isn't being honest with Lois. Again. Groan. Don't expect me to ever like it.

However, could he really tell Lois something he didn’t even know for sure?
And he is a master at finding excuses for not telling her. Double-groan.

A jolt of electricity shot through his body as soft female hands touched his shoulders. He looked up, startled. Lois was leaning forward to look over his shoulder as he was sitting at his desk.
I love this, the amazing physical connection between Lois and Clark that makes him react to her touch so strongly.

“Did you find something?” Lois inquired. She had surely seen that he’d found something. She had a talent to detect such things. He had flipped through that folder almost slowly, aware that his co-workers were close.

“Yes,” he managed to say, still shocked both by the effect Lois’ touch had had on him and by the name he had found.
He showed her what he found, at least. Good, Clark.

The Lois and Clark part ended rather quickly and suddenly. Sigh. I like Becca and Clark, but I *really* want to read about Lois and Clark, there is no doubt about that. Not that the Becca part wasn't very interesting.

This wasn’t her fault, but his. Clark mused that the incident with the policemen on the night of Lily’s death was one of the major reasons why the Child Services were watching him so closely.
Now you are really making me curious.

He tousled Becca’s hair as if this was going to change anything.
This is so sweet and sad. Clark's tousling of Becca's hair is such a loving gesture - but it doesn't change the fact that Clark can't let her have her friend come over on Saturday.

What had Lois said? She didn’t want to risk her truce with Becca. That sounded somewhat unlike Lois. Whatever Becca had done to turn Mad Dog Lane into Lap Dog Lane, maybe she should give Mrs. Edwards a taste of it.
Hmmm. Lois's main reason for not risking her truce with Becca must be that she doesn't want to risk her budding relationship with Clark. I doubt that Mrs. Edwards would be motivated by the same need.

“Why did I have to lie to her, Daddy? I already know the answer, it’s *No*, anyway.” Becca asked sadly as she strolled over to him after she had said good-bye to her friends.

“It’s not necessarily *No*, Pumpkin,” Clark objected. “You know very well it isn’t. And if it isn’t this weekend, then it will be another.”

“Another!” Becca grumbled. “That is *No*!
I like this conversation, and I can feel Becca's frustration.

Like every child she longed to be a grown up, thinking that this would make her life easier. It wouldn’t, or at least not in major proportions. She’d be able to have her own bank account, a driver’s license. She would be allowed to drink alcohol, or go out on her own, maybe even without telling him where she went. He’d appreciate it if she told him, but she wouldn’t have to. Children thought that everything they *had to* do vanished out of their lives as soon as they became adults. But in fact, it only meant that they had to tell themselves what they had to do, and that tended to be more than their parents had ever made them do.
I really, really sympathize with Becca's frustration at being a child and always having to acquiesce to the wishes of the adults - or at least it certainly seems so to her. I very much like how you describe Becca's, and other children's, feeling of helplessness in the world of grown-ups.

Becca, honey, I didn’t say that Anna can’t come. I’m just not so sure if it would be a good idea to let her meet with the lady from Child Services. Do you think that would be good?” Clark watched her closely, trying to make it obvious that he really wanted her to think about the problem.

Becca was silent for a while and Clark waited patiently for her to say something. She had her brows furrowed and seemed very concentrated. Now and again she looked at him intensely as if she was expecting him to just give her the answer, but he kept silent. Honestly, he enjoyed seeing her musing. She looked positively adorable when she did that.
This is very sweetly written. I love that Clark is explaining things to Becca and giving her a choice. I also love how he loves watching her her thinking.

“I don’t really want Anna to see the lady,” Becca said. “I didn’t like the way the last one looked at me when I told her that I sleep in your bed sometimes. She even asked me if you touch me and where you do that. It was kind of silly.”
I'm glad that Becca made the decision.

And as for the conversion regarding why the lady wanted to know where Clark touched Becca, I think you handled it very well.

“Do you like it when Grandma, Grandpa or I kiss you on the cheek?” he asked.

Becca nodded. “Of course, Daddy.”

“And what do you think if Mrs. Pritchard does that?”

Mrs. Pritchard was an old lady who had a tiny café, back in Smallville. She sold ice cream and she kissed most children she either met in her café or somewhere on the streets of the small town. Therefore Becca tried to avoid Mrs. Pritchard’s place, though she had the best ice cream in town.

“It’s disgusting,” Becca replied and rolled her eyes. “I don’t like it when people I hardly know are trying to kiss me.”
I think this is a very good example. Becca understands exactly what Clark means - or she understands enough, anyway.

“Becky, honey, there are people who wouldn’t just place kisses on your cheek. That’s one of the reasons why you should never go with strangers. But this can also happen in a family. Some adults hurt children, just because they can. This is very, very bad. The children who suffer from this are too weak to defend themselves and they don’t understand what the adults want of them,” Clark said softly.

“And what has all this got to do with touching now?” Becca wanted to know.

“If I was like one of these bad adults, I could touch you in a way that you would find even more disgusting than Mrs. Pritchard’s kisses. You wouldn’t like it although you know me.” Clark bit his lips. “I will never do anything like that to you, Becca,” he added.
I like his honesty, and the way he describes the problem without going into details that Becca couldn't handle.

“Does that mean that I’m not allowed to sleep in your bed anymore?” Becca asked. “Just because they have the wrong ideas about you? Don’t they see that you are a nice dad?”

“It’s not something you can see, Becky, honey. And you can come to me, if you’ve got trouble sleeping. There’s nothing bad about that.”
Good. That's a very good way of reassuring Becca.

Poor girl, though. Not only is she an orphan, but the Child Services threatens her relationship with the one person in the world who has always been there for her, her adoptive father, Clark Kent. Eh - by the way - I don't remember. Did Clark ever legally adopt Rebecca?

Okay! Looking forward to more. And I hope you will keep moving things forward between Lois and Clark.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahh, Nancy, I think you are tired. What exactly made you believe this was about Superman? Clark hasn't told Lois that he knows the victim and I don't think she will take that kindly if she finds out. He still hasn't told her.
Oh, yeah, must have been tired thinking it was about Superman. But remind how he knew the victim. (Still tired.)

But for being a mom I should find a boyfriend and future husband first, don't you think? *sigh* No one in sight. Where are they?
Uh, well.... Well... Yeah, umm... Where?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! grumble

:rolleyes: Why Clark don't take Becca to a therapist?

He needs Lois on the secret. thumbsup

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard