Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ah the plot thickens and totally loving it...
especially your brief note about LnC getting together ... thumbsup cool

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Kerth
Kerth
Whoa, you put Clark in quite some trouble. I just the real CSD in Germany was half as diligent as the one you pictured in your story. Might have saved a few young lives recently. mad But instead, the CSD goes on wild goose chases like the one you outlined for Clark. *snort* Violent tendencies, indeed. If it weren't so sad, it'd be funny. As it is, it's simply laughable.

Btw, I loved this joke about "supercalifragilisticexpialadocious" and "Streichholzschächtelchen" (diminutive for 'match box'). But you could have chosen easier words. Anything with an 'ö' or 'ü' in it would have sufficed. Maybe even something with 'ee', like "Schnee" ('snow')or "Schneeballschlacht" ('snowball fight'). Because these sounds don't exist in English. As a matter of fact, I still get a knot in my tongue if there are too many 'th's around... For you English-speaking folks, this is a sound (or rather, two sounds) that doesn't exist in German.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great chapter! I'm glad he actually told Lois.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
These days I have no time to comment, Barbara, so let me just say... fascinating chapter! Clark being accused of having violent tendencies when those bullies hurt themselves while attacking him... I can easily see that. Good explanation. I'm glad he told Lois that he's not Becca's biological father, either.

Good chapter! I'm looking forward to more.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But you could try "Streichholzschächtelchen" instead that's tough ( and I've heard even impossible) if you're first language is English.
What if your first language is French? Think I could manage it? LOL! (hey, I can count in German, you know. Right up to 1000 - after that I'm all consufed. *lol* I also know "Ich bin groß und stark" which is really useless - unless you make Superman say it, then it's rather funny! hehehe!)

“How do you think you will get it? He never gives interviews, not even…” Lois closed her mouth in a sudden movement as if she wanted to prevent something from slipping out.

It dawned on Clark that she had wanted to say *not even me*.
Lois, Lois, if you only knew... Just bat your eyelashes at him a little bit more and Clark - err... *Superman* - will give you all the interviews you could wish for. hehe. smile

I'm glad that Clark talked to Lois - hopefully this will bring them closer. And I love how when she found out that he was having troubles with these people, the first thing she thought was to help him. smile

And this is way, way too funny:
“Um, speed reading classes,” Clark muttered.
I've already told you dozens of times, but I love this story and you are getting *so* good at writing in English, now. Pretty soon you won't even need me anymore. wink (and yes, yes, I'll go back to beta reading the part you sent me, now. hehe)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Nancy, be sure, I can pronounce supercalifragilisticexpialadocious. But you could try "Streichholzschächtelchen" instead that's tough ( and I've heard even impossible) if you're first language is English.
No, thanks. It was just a joke anyway. Let’s just stick to serendipity. Or how about esophagogastroduodenscopy <g>. Nah... You probably have that one down, too. <more giggles> Or maybe after what Mellie said, Tether, Feather, or Thing might be more appropriate. <g> Or how about Thalasic.

If anything, this isn't an East Coast, but a Central European thing.
Are they really that hard on folks in Germany? Wow?

But then Mellie said:
I just the real CSD in Germany was half as diligent as the one you pictured in your story. Might have saved a few young lives
Ah-ha, so they aren’t that hard on folks in Germany either.

It seems you also mentioned something like this to me in an email.

What I can tell for sure is that the government in my country is stronger than in the USA, and I'm surely influenced by that fact.
You mean in the aspect of having more control over the citizens?

However, Clark's problems are established now, and I'm not going to correct previously posted sections for the sake of getting this out of my plot.
No, I wouldn’t expect you to. I just thought it was strange that they showed up in Metropolis. The Smallville aspect I could understand more. But even if the folks in Smallville had called the folks in Metropolis, it would have been unusual for anything to happen that fast. They probably wouldn’t have done anything more than maybe make a phone call as to Becca’s welfare. Or they might have asked to school to watch for bruises, etc, which the school would do anyway. Of course, maybe one of the ‘nasty’ folks could have worked in Smallville previously and now they work in Metropolis and maybe that person has a vendetta against Clark. Maybe it’s a relative of the ‘other’ grandparents. Or even the real father. Of course, if that were the case and the real father was making a claim, they would probably have already done paternity testing. Those might be ways that would make it more believable to me. But even if the real father made a claim, it would still carry a *lot* of weight that Clark’s name is on the birth certificate. And it would have been pretty easy to prove that the real father had run out on her. And I’m just not buying it that social services would be this darn mean. I just absolutely hate it that they showed up in Metropolis.

I think Tank put it brilliantly in his TOGOM story.
What story is that?

Ohh, and I know Nancy, you're still not convinced, I guess...
We’ll see.

Ah, poor Clark - mean bullies anyway.

When Lily had gotten tired of discussing this with him, she had just kissed him and Clark had been too startled to pull back. He hadn’t been prepared for the following attacks, either. Lily had just amazing skills in preparing a surprise attack.

Lost in thought as he was, Clark didn’t see the fist that met his jaw a split second later. He hadn’t been fast enough to duck away. Clark was taken by surprise and he staggered back. He heard laughter and a whimper from the guy who had punched him. Clark wasn’t hurt, he had felt the contact, but that was pretty much all.

“Hey, geek!” one of the guys that had approached him shouted. They hardly even noticed that their friend was hurt; they were too busy with mocking Clark. He watched the guys in front of him closely. They were already drunk; wasted, really.

“Would you just leave me alone, please?” Clark pleaded, touching his jaw as if the punch had caused him pain as well. He had a look at Lana and to his relief she seemed okay.
Wait, who is Clark kissing here? First he seems to be kissing Lily. Then he’s kissing Lana. So who was he kissing when he got hit?

I love that Lois is jumping in to defend Clark.

Clark looked at her and smiled sadly. “Various reasons. Let’s just say I had some problems in my youth. I was out with a girl and a few guys attacked us. I tried to defend the girl. I never intended to hurt anyone but it happened. That wasn’t the only incident. I can’t really explain that to you, now. When Lily died, Child Services ran a check on me and unfortunately they discovered something they called violent tendencies.”
Okay, I guess this happened when he was already 18 (or else he got charged with something as an adult). Otherwise those records would be sealed up tight (and I mean very tight). Tell me what he did. Did somebody die? Did he actually get charged with something? Did he break arms? Did he cause concussions or brain injuries? Did he serve jail time? Elaborate please!! If he’d been charged with murder or even manslaughter he’d most likely still be in jail. And he wouldn’t be the first teenager that got in a fight that resulted in folks being hurt. That doesn’t mean child services would follow that person around when they became older and more responsible.

“They decided to have a closer look at us. But things got really bad when Becca was about five years old. She didn’t sleep well at night because she was afraid of the dark. She often woke up screaming in the middle of the night. A curious neighbor didn’t believe that they were just nightmares. I tried to tell him, but he wouldn’t listen. He called Child Services and informed them. Last but not least, Becca’s maternal grandparents never believed that I was her real father. I guess they couldn’t live with the fact that Lily and I were cousins.” Clark made a brief pause and looked at Lois. “I was adopted,” he added, to dismiss the idea of inbreeding.
Awww... Poor Becca! Oh, I can certainly understand the call over the screams. But I’d think Child Services would have found that she was having nightmares and that she wasn’t being abused. They most certainly would have taken her to the hospital to be examined for bruises. And they would have done xrays to see if there had been any broken bones. But I can see that they would certainly have given him a very hard time!

Clark had to tell Lois the truth! I like that. She will be his greatest defender (more than me).

“It can’t tell you, Lois. This test doesn’t say who changed the diapers or who got up late at night to soothe a crying baby. I saw Becca’s first steps, I listened to her mom as she sang her to sleep and I almost worked 24 hours a day to earn money and go to college. This test just tells you about the conception, but nothing about what happened afterwards. I’m the person she calls ‘Daddy’, but I’m not the one who got her mom pregnant.”
Yes, that’s what makes a daddy, Clark - not the conception.

Suddenly Lois could imagine why Child Services assumed that Clark Kent could be violent. He seemed threatening and Lois felt that he would be able to do a lot of things when it came to defending his daughter.
Wait, wait. What did he do that seemed threatening to Lois?

But surely you see now that a paternity test would only make things worse.”

“Yeah, I see that now.” Lois replied softly.
I hope Lois can help him.

I eagerly await more.

Ich bin groß und stark.
Yeah, Lara... Und ich habe grosse Arme, auch. And I know you really like those arms.

you are getting *so* good at writing in English, now.
Yes, you are! Remember all that confusion we had ‘communicating’ when I beta read Seven Seconds? I didn’t see that at all when I beta read Lara’s birthday present.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, Lara... Und ich habe grosse Arme, auch. And I know you really like those arms.
Yeah, Nancy. Got you. Sorry but I can't resist to correct you. It's "Und ich habe *auch* große Arme."

Wait, who is Clark kissing here? First he seems to be kissing Lily. Then he’s kissing Lana. So who was he kissing when he got hit?
No one, Nancy. He said that he wouldn't kiss Lana on their first date. And he remembered being kissed by Lily a few years earlier.

Ah-ha, so they aren’t that hard on folks in Germany either.
I didn't say that they are *hard* on us. It's just that they are probably harder than in your country.

You mean in the aspect of having more control over the citizens?
Yeah, you can't live somewhere without telling the goverment or rather the local authorities where you are, exactly. You have to go to school, you can't teach at home. So, yes I guess that the German government has more control about us.

I just absolutely hate it that they showed up in Metropolis.
Nancy, this isn't the major story line. My story is not about getting Becca away from Clark. So why did I include that anyway? Because it helps developing the plot.

In case you didn't notice, it wasn't the mean lady that had the kryptonite. And the bullying isn't everything that happened. Anyway, I think I give up trying to convince you.

One thing I will mention, though. Clark doesn't live in our world. His world is close to reality, but there are major exceptions.

1. In 1993, nobody could clone a human being. I might be mistaken, but I'm surely not mistaken about the fact that a clone wouldn't be an adult in a matter of weeks.

2. The excistence of time travel is highly doubtable.

3. There are probably other universes apart from ours, but I doubt that their history would be the same as ours but for a few different incidents.

4. A virus, even a real bad one, would never ever look like the one we see in HIWTHI

5. People can't look completely different and would still be recognized.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Double post

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, Nancy. Got you. Sorry but I can't resist to correct you. It's "Und ich habe *auch* große Arme."
hehehe - what do you know, I actually caught it, too.

...mind you, I would much rather he caught ME in his arms, but that's not very likely to happen.

'cause yeah... the arms, the arms, OMG! the arms! DROOL.

There you go, I'll be totally useless all day, now. (or I could write a snow storm story? oooh! *lol*)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Blame Babel Fish.

Because it helps developing the plot.
Well, okay.

Anyway, I think I give up trying to convince you.
I just want to know what he actually did. Don’t just tell me that people got hurt. Tell me what happened!

What can I say? I don’t like mean ladies showing up to try to destroy Clark.

Okay, I give. That world is different. Meaner and Badder. (I still want to know what Clark actually did to have the meanies after him. So could you please tell us?)

There you go, I'll be totally useless all day, now. (or I could write a snow storm story? oooh! *lol*)
Yep... Just dream about those arms all day.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just want to know what he actually did. Don’t just tell me that people got hurt. Tell me what happened!
The incident with the teenagers back in Smallville isn't the important one, that's why I didn't describe it. So enough spoiler.

Girls, I hate to disappoint you, but what you are telling in German isn't really referring to Clark's arms.

Ich bin groß und stark (I am tall and strong)...well, I don't think that Superman would say that, or any adult for that matter. I can't help imagine a ten year old boy who has just seen Poppey. goofy

And "Ich habe auch große Arme." Well, really. I have huge arms? Are they bigger than the rest of you, Nancy? It doesn't quite fit. Actually took me some time to get what you were speaking of and I don't need the babel fish.

So for you two... Ich möchte so gerne in Clarks starken Armen liegen. I think that's much better. And before the babel fish starts telling you something really naughty... wink

I so much want to lie in his strong arms.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Girls, I hate to disappoint you, but what you are telling in German isn't really referring to Clark's arms.

Ich bin groß und stark (I am tall and strong)...well, I don't think that Superman would say that, or any adult for that matter. I can't help imagine a ten year old boy who has just seen Poppey. goofy
LOL! I know. The sentence I posted is from the extremely old Berlitz classes book that my dad had and which I read when I was 12 -- I wanted to learn German. eh. wink And I will always remember that sentence because it was so completely useless, especially for me. And it is rather amusing if you have Superman say that, no? At least, I'm laughing... wink

As for the rest, hey, I've seen images of Superman with arms as big as a house, you know. ROFL!!! You should see the image I have on my desktop, actually. His arms are really HUGE. Really. It's not even sexy anymore, they're so big. And Batman looks puny next to him. hehehe!

Ich möchte so gerne in Clarks starken Armen liegen.
Don't we all!!!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I love it! Can't wait for more. I love the fact that he told Lois about Becca. I hope they get together.
Cant wait for the next part.
Kate laugh

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
Kerth
Kerth
Oh, my, I should have returned much earlier to this fdk thread! It's so funny. Especially the German parts! party

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard