Next Thread
Print Thread
#38015 01/28/07 10:54 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! grumble

He sighed heavily. “You can see if he is on the computer. Ten minutes. That’s it. Then you need to go to bed.” He stood up. “I’ll think about whether I should punish you or not.”

She pouted. “You didn’t punish Jon.”

“Jon and Hannah haven’t done what you have done.”

“Yes, they have.”

“No, they haven’t. Ask Jon,” he said with finality. “Ten minutes.”

She got up and walked out of the room. She promptly went to the balcony off the sitting room and launched into the air to go see Ben.

Clark was speaking to J’on J’onzz and didn’t notice that his daughter had disobeyed him.
Clark will find out. eek

confused Does Ben know about her?

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#38016 01/28/07 03:43 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Maria!

That what a good father do, teaches to take responsibility or their action.
Yes, that's so true!

Like the couple of Edrika and Ch’ing.
Glad you like it. Edrika's not such a snake after all! wink

What plan? [Huh]

[Huh] The one they find out how Marilyn got rape or how Los is going to stay on earth?
The one where they find out what (if anything) Ching knows about Marilyn's rape.

Clark will find out
Most likely!

Does Ben know about her?
Not yet!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#38017 01/29/07 12:14 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, I know I've told you how much I like this part. Well, let me go into some more detail laugh :

She looked up and smiled. “She’s beautiful, isn’t she? They asked me to baby sit for a bit. There was something they wanted to do.”
Well, I can guess what that 'something' is. Something to do with Rya's 'romantic idea'...

She had the feeling that she and Zared were going to grow up fast.
Yes, they will (have to).

He swallowed hard. “Hmm... Jenni. Don’t look at me that way. Okay? I mean... at least not until you can... you know... ‘Cause I um...”
Zared has some 'romantic ideas' of his own! drool

“Well, you are just lucky that you didn’t get pregnant.
Yeah, pretty lucky.

Chloe’s mouth dropped open. “She isn’t going to try to take you or Zared away from us, is she?”
I like this reaction. Everybody is so suspicious of Zara's motives. I hope they'll get to like her, though.

She got up and walked out of the room. She promptly went to the balcony off the sitting room and launched into the air to go see Ben.
Without changing first? Uh-oh! And why does she have to talk to Ben at this time of night? I mean, I know it's big (bad) news that Claire has been raped, but does Ben really have to know at once? Or is it something else?

You know, I'm looking forward to your next piece of writing. clap

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#38018 01/29/07 03:29 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm completely fascinated by the twins, Chloe and Claire. Right now, Chloe is the most interesting, but Claire could make a comeback any time.

I think of Chloe as a "happy girl". It seems to me that she has always been gifted, bright, pretty, well-loved and happy with herself, her life and her existence. I think it has been relatively easy for her to be a "good girl", a relatively obedient girl. I think she has accepted and even liked her parents' rules for her. I think she has found it relatively easy to be there for her younger siblings (and probably for Claire, too). I remember that it was Chloe who calmly took over and helped and comforted Jama when Jama had gotten her first period.

The way I think of Chloe, I believe that she was sufficiently happy and well-adjusted to be able to take her mother's death in a level-headed way, too. Of course she was extremely sorry about what had happened, but I believe that Chloe felt that her life was so good in so many other ways that she could regain her footing quickly and be happy again. The way I think of Chloe, she was not devastated or traumatized by her mother's death. She was probably a lot more worried about her father's grief afterwards.

For Claire it's been different, I think. I think she has doubted herself a lot more. She may have doubted her own talents, her own beauty, her own worth. I would think she has taken her mother's death so much harder than Chloe did (of course I may be wrong about all of this). No doubt her very bad experience with that creep of a boyfriend, Alex, has done a lot to damage Claire's self-confidence.

Well, back to Chloe. I admit I was surprised at her pregnancy, given the fact that I think of Chloe as basically an obedient and responsible girl. I'm not saying it would be out of the question for a girl like Chloe to disobey her father's wishes and have sex with her boyfriend at fifteen, but it does seem a bit unlikely and out of character. That's why I like your explanation so much. It was Alex, again, and the Kryptonite in his leg that made her do it.

I very much like the idea that now that Chloe has defied her father once and had sex with Ben, she is not going to be as obedient as she once was. Because the experience has changed her. It has deepened her love for her boyfriend, and already she has come to love having sex with him.

I think it's going to be extremely interesting to see what happens to Chloe from now on. And the poor girl doesn't even know she is pregnant.

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what it will be like for Claire to suffer through the rape trial, too. And then I want to see what will happen to her and Trace.

Ann

#38019 01/29/07 04:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Huh? Wait - Ching is there? Can't you just kill him off? *lol* sorry... I don't like the guy...

“~Yes, Edrika. But is there any chance you could be pregnant?~”
They're all doing it like rabbits over there *lol* -- I was going to ask for a list of the pregnant women, but can we have a list of the women that aren't pregnant, it might be shorter. *lol* wink

Oi... not much time for feedback. frown I started reading and then had to zip through cause I got called to do some tech support and it's likely going to take most of the rest of this evening. I won't be able to concentrate enough on anything other than this customer... *sigh* Sorry...

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#38020 01/30/07 09:09 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Mellie, Ann, and Lara.

Well, I can guess what that 'something' is. Something to do with Rya's 'romantic idea'...
‘Something’ like that....

Zared has some 'romantic ideas' of his own!
Yep.

She was awed. “~Father? Lord Kal-El is here?~”

Los nodded. “~Yes, of course. This is his home.~”

Her eyes widened. “~Oh.~”
Love that bit. Every time I read this, it had me giggling.
Hehe... And she can’t bring herself to call him anything but Lord Kal-El.

But never being ignored can cause problems, too.~”
Poor guy! No wonder he likes it on Earth!
Yep, can you imagine folks watching everything you do?

First I thought of matching her (Edrika) with Alex, but after ths line I reconsidered. Suddenly, Martian Manhunter seemed to be a fine choice. But Ch'ing is jsut perfect!
Hope so, but I don’t think I’m done with Edrika yet.

Well, neither have Zara and Clark - at least not with each other.
Nope, they haven’t. And they won’t. But...

He also handed her a bottle of Coke.
Always Coca Cola... Sorry, can't get it out of my mind.
Knew you’d like that one.

Yeah, they definitely need chocolate on NK (if Zara didn’t already take care of that).

Edrika said shyly, “~We can talk on the ship.~” Los handed the device to Ch’ing and walked out.
Talk? Or do other 'romantic' stuff?
Talk! Talk! No romantic stuff yet.

Typical now-alpha-formerly-beta-male behaviour, if you ask me.
Yep, and now he’s got to deal with the former alpha really always was the alpha again.

Done again? That's really fast!
Nope, not this time. They’d been at it at least a little while by then.

I just hope K'al hasn't been using his super-hearing when she said that. Then, maybe, it would be better for Los and Mari if he had. Zara might temper K'al's reaction.
I bet K’al’s gonna be MAD!

Definitely 'romantic' notions here. You know, it's a good thing there are no turkeys in this story of yours...
Ding!

Why on Earth (and New Krypton) do I always associate the term 'caregiver' with a concubine if used by a Kryptonian???
Not this time - not unless it’s some guy thing about a nurse fantasy... I was thinking of a combination of nurse plus some of the other professions around (respiratory therapist, physical therapist etc).

Makes me wonder. Caitlyn doesn't happen to have some latent telepathical potential, does she? Well, if she starts hearing voices in her head, I know what it is...
Well, there are a few humans who have such capabilities...

Looks like Mak already knew about K'al and Rya.
Or at least she knew Los wanted to hide something about that. And maybe something about Mari, too.

I never really thought I’d have sex before I got married, but once I did, I didn’t want to stop.” She grinned dreamily. “It was just so... hmmm...”
Marvywonderful?
Yep, something like that.

Without changing first? Uh-oh! And why does she have to talk to Ben at this time of night? I mean, I know it's big (bad) news that Claire has been raped, but does Ben really have to know at once? Or is it something else?
Chloe feels very close to Ben. Maybe she feels like he could help with what she could say to Claire. Maybe...

I think of Chloe as a "happy girl". It seems to me that she has always been gifted, bright, pretty, well-loved and happy with herself, her life and her existence. I think it has been relatively easy for her to be a "good girl", a relatively obedient girl. I think she has accepted and even liked her parents' rules for her. I think she has found it relatively easy to be there for her younger siblings (and probably for Claire, too). I remember that it was Chloe who calmly took over and helped and comforted Jama when Jama had gotten her first period.
You always manage to sum my characters up so wonderfully...

She was probably a lot more worried about her father's grief afterwards.
Could be. I never thought about that way, but it makes sense since I’ve already said his kids were very worried about him.

For Claire it's been different, I think. I think she has doubted herself a lot more. She may have doubted her own talents, her own beauty, her own worth.
Yes, she has. But a great deal of that had to do with Alex.

No doubt her very bad experience with that creep of a boyfriend, Alex, has done a lot to damage Claire's self-confidence.
Yes, it has. But she will have a lot of love to help her get it back.

Well, back to Chloe. I admit I was surprised at her pregnancy, given the fact that I think of Chloe as basically an obedient and responsible girl.
Well, as you know, I wasn’t sure I wanted to go with that. In fact, I’d pretty much decided not to. But then, the idea of Alex having affected her too was very appealing. (Thank Olympe for the dance with Alex.)

I very much like the idea that now that Chloe has defied her father once and had sex with Ben, she is not going to be as obedient as she once was. Because the experience has changed her. It has deepened her love for her boyfriend, and already she has come to love having sex with him.
Definitely changing her in oh, so many ways.

Huh? Wait - Ching is there? Can't you just kill him off? *lol* sorry... I don't like the guy...
Wish I could... Better not...

They're all doing it like rabbits over there *lol*
Hehe...

I started reading and then had to zip through cause I got called to do some tech support and it's likely going to take most of the rest of this evening. I won't be able to concentrate enough on anything other than this customer... *sigh* Sorry...
Isn’t it fun being on call? Do you have to do that all night, too? And let me guess - you have to do it in French and English, right?

Thanks, guys.

#38021 01/30/07 09:30 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Isn’t it fun being on call? Do you have to do that all night, too? And let me guess - you have to do it in French and English, right?
No... it sucks. All night, no, but some customers are a lot denser than others and I don't mean their molecular structure, here. *lol* And it's English only - I'm very assimilated, really. Not that I can help it... oh hum.

And since I forgot to come back and say so: nice part. smile I'll be looking for the next one and will make sure I read it nice and slow. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#38022 01/30/07 10:24 AM
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Nancy,

Another beautiful and moving part to this wonderful story. To praise in a different language for a change as I've run out of English praises - TRES BIEN!
razz I don't blame her for sneeking off! I've been told that pregnant ladies and their mood swings...
(presuming that she is pregnant as you've written all the signs...)

I'm looking to reading more.

With regards, wave

Stuart

#38023 01/30/07 10:40 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Stuart!!

There are so many threads of care going through this part it makes me feel so warm.
Aw, thanks. I’m glad I could give you that warm feeling.

Poor Los, he's a typical doctor, he does not mind doing the examining but hates being a patient!
Yes, it’s very typical. I once took care of a doctor who came in with a kidney stone and was in severe pain. Well, when he got to feeling a little better, he got up out of bed, pushed his IV down the hall and made rounds.

You've written Zara to be much softer. Her contacts with Clark and now Sapphire have helped.
I figured she might have softened over the years.
And she has made a friend in Sapphire, hasn't she? (Sapphire is based on my own 'stuck up' cat named Sassy Black Sapphire.)

#38024 02/08/07 09:26 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Where are you? cat

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#38025 02/08/07 09:30 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I think she's still working on "Happy New Year, Kal-El". She had this sudden flash of inspiration... smile

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#38026 02/08/07 06:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just posted another part of Happy New Year, Kal-El, and I'm basically finished with it. I'm hoping to have another part of A New Hero up by the weekend!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard