Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38007 01/28/07 06:50 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
but smart enough to eat every bite of her tasty lunch.
Well, at least you’re learning, girl!

It wasn’t like her to let something get under her craw like this
Love it! But I wonder how many people know what that means ? (Being from Kentucky, of course I know... <g>)

The cleaning lady gave her a second glance and then mumbled under her breath in Spanish. She probably thought she could insult Lois’s intelligence all she wanted and Lois wouldn’t understand a word, but Lois graciously corrected her. She was not borracho or drunk, she was agotado or exhausted.
It’s so much fun to be able to do that!

Great part, Elisabeth.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Please...make Lois stop being such a hussy! When will her defenses finally break down? When will she learn that Clark doesn't want to hurt her?

Hurry back with the next post! Another well written part.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Top Banana
Top Banana
The thing about Lois's attitude in this chapter is that she obviously didn't listen all the way to the end of Clark's explanation. He came right out and said that she could have a "chaperone" with her if she wanted, and that he was trying to help her save the money she'd be spending on the hotel. That, to me, obviously says that he's not looking to take advantage of her, or "shack up" as she thinks.

Great chapter!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Hey, lady from the Bluegrass State, I've always heard "stuck in your craw" or "under your skin," but never "under your craw." Must be some kind of Kaintuck thing.

I like the tension between these two. The role reversal is handled very well, and you're maintaining their basic personalities through the role switch. Lois's anger is certainly long-lasting, but everything has a shelf life. I wonder if she'll succeed in pushing Clark just far enough away so that she misses him when he's not standing inside her personal space.

And Clark's tactic of roping Lois in on a story is a good one. Besides, this way Lex Luthor won't ever consider her a threat, and he won't decide to blow up the Planet so she'll marry him when her name starts showing up on stories about him.

He'll just try to have her killed, and Clark will have to save her life. An excellent variation on the pilot. Brava!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois was angry, furious, livid—but smart enough to eat every bite of her tasty lunch. She was giving him the silent treatment now, while still communicating her rage. She chewed like a tigress devouring her mate. Oh, yes, she was good and mad now!
Sigh...Lois, Lois, Lois...

She fantasized about asking Glen if she could use a bit of her time this evening to go meet some local prostitutes since she didn’t have any among the snitches she was courting. She could just envision the look on the poor man’s face. The idea was ridiculous enough to give her the giggles.
She needs better fantasies...

Way to many things for me to quote, suffice it to say "My goodness Lois, take a Valium or at least eat some chocolate..."

She had actually enjoyed being with him this evening, so maybe when she finally cured him of his hormone-driven ways they could become something akin to friends. But of course, there really was no cure for that kind of thing. He could be eighty years old and still chasing around ladies with walkers and curlers in their hair.

But working together tonight had been a good time.
Ditto of last comment.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Thanks, Classicalla and Terry for letting me know that my idioms were running amok. That's one thing I can't look up in my dictionary and though I might be able to luck out in the thesaurus, you all are so much more accurate.

Sheila, you crack me up! If I read you correctly, you're telling me, 'Stop writing that way, but send more soon.' I hope you enjoy your torture since I'm posting more tonight.

The thing about Lois's attitude in this chapter is that she obviously didn't listen all the way to the end of Clark's explanation. He came right out and said that she could have a "chaperone" with her if she wanted, and that he was trying to help her save the money she'd be spending on the hotel. That, to me, obviously says that he's not looking to take advantage of her, or "shack up" as she thinks.
You think like a sane person, though. I have plenty of the more paranoid types in my family--okay, just one grandma who recently passed away--and it doesn't matter what is said, they hear the worst. Besides, you already know that Clark is a decent guy, but Lois hasn't gotten that memo.

And Clark's tactic of roping Lois in on a story is a good one. Besides, this way Lex Luthor won't ever consider her a threat, and he won't decide to blow up the Planet so she'll marry him when her name starts showing up on stories about him.

He'll just try to have her killed, and Clark will have to save her life. An excellent variation on the pilot. Brava!
Terry, sometimes you're scary. That's exactly where the story is going. wink (Okay, not quite but I'm sure it's close enough.)

Way to many things for me to quote, suffice it to say "My goodness Lois, take a Valium or at least eat some chocolate..."
Sorry, James. I ate them all. Although they were dark chocolates since I know you worry about my heart's health.

Thanks all for your fdbk.

Elisabeth

Merriwether
Merriwether
OOOH!

It wasn’t like her to let something get under her craw like this—okay, that wasn’t quite true, but it wasn’t like her to let a man get under her craw. Normally, she turned down any invitation painfully and decisively and moved on. It irked her to no end that she was still irked over Kent.
A perfect Lois smile

The cleaning lady gave her a second glance and then mumbled under her breath in Spanish. She probably thought she could insult Lois’s intelligence all she wanted and Lois wouldn’t understand a word, but Lois graciously corrected her. She was not borracho or drunk, she was agotado or exhausted.
*Sigh* I wish I new other languages. Coming back like that would be an awesome thing to be able to do.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It wasn’t like her to let something get under her craw like this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love it! But I wonder how many people know what that means ? (Being from Kentucky, of course I know... <g>)
Yes, I was confused by that little saying. I thought it was a typo for a few seconds, but figured it was a saying I didn't know about.

“Hey, Lois,” ‘Mr. Let’s-Shack-Up-Sometime’ casually greeted her as if he belonged in her life at this time of night.
Hehe. laugh

quote:
She fantasized about asking Glen if she could use a bit of her time this evening to go meet some local prostitutes since she didn’t have any among the snitches she was courting. She could just envision the look on the poor man’s face. The idea was ridiculous enough to give her the giggles.

She needs better fantasies...
LOL I giggled at your comment - love it smile wave

I'm off to search the boards for the next part. I'm behind on my reading soooo I'm hoping part 13 is in here somewhere!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard