Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
One where Lois knows! I love how matter-of-fact the beginning is: cream soda, wash her face, 'hmm, how do we get out of this...'

He doesn't know she knows! Oh, that's funny.

"That your son, Clark, is Superman, and therefore he wasn't killed tonight when Clyde Barrow fired three bullets at his chest. I was there, no blood."

She could hear some sort of commotion in the background. "Lois?"

It was Clark. "Clark, good, I'm glad I found you. If you've had time to fill your parents in on what happened tonight, I need you back here. This is quite a mess we've gotten ourselves into this time and right now I'm not sure how we're going to get out of it."

"Lois, I... I never meant to..."

"Not now, Clark. Tell you what. I've had a pretty rough night and I really need to take a soothing hot shower. Give me about twenty minutes to shower and change into some different clothes. Can you be here by then?"
Again, she's so calm, I love it. Like this happens every day.

"It means that I had some issues to deal with before I could tell you."
Yes! *He* had issues. Damn straight.

She was feeling flat out, toe-curling, spine-tingling, fireworks blasting, romantic love.
Awww!

I love your portrayal of Lois in this fic. She's confident and assured.

Good story!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tank... do you know how much I've been enjoying the plethera of stories you've been lavishing upon us lately? Hmmm? Well in case I hadn't said it... love it. <g>

This was too cute - and who should I have expected it from, only Wendy or you. <g>

I loved that she was in on the secret and was trying to help Clark fix things.

Thanks for sharing, Tank!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh! TOGOM! smile I love those - I can't help it. I said this before, but I'll say it again, I would read a new one every week if people came up with them at that rate. *lol*

"Superman has insecurities?"
hehehe! That was amusing. smile

"Omigod, you poor deluded dolt."
rotflol
Took me *completely* by surprise!!!

"Let me get this straight. You fell in love with Superman because he was more needy than Clark Kent?"
LOL! Nice way of putting it. smile

Ah - couldn't stop reading the rest of it long enough to comment. *lol* I loved it! smile Real nice - with Lois figuring things out, which is always good, and some cute waffy moments in there as well.

I sort of expected a haircut and a weirdo death, though.. but I have to say, I'm glad there weren't any. This was sweet and fun to read. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
lovely thumbsup wink

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Omigod, you poor deluded dolt
You pretty much summed up Clark Kent for me in a nutshell. smile

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Adorable! I loved it. Ok now where is the nfic section to go with it? <g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I totally loved it too, Tank. I'm afraid I have no time to comment, but I totally agree with everyone else. That "Omigod, you poor deluded dolt" was priceless!!! And, like someone already pointed out, you write a wonderful Lois. So admirable and heroic, even though she still has many "classic" little Lois flaws. I love that when Clark is in trouble in your stories, Lois is often the one who fixes things! Yay!!!

Now, as long as you can only stay away from those Tank endings... but, like I said, I love everything else about your stories! smile1 clap

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful.

So many insights into Lois's thinking here. A great job with both characters, in fact. You've portrayed both their flaws and their strengths, and in just a short piece. smile

She reached over and took his hand. "The answer to your question is really quite simple. Superman needed me more than Clark Kent did."
And that has to be one of the most original takes on what happened in the series, and yet it also makes so much sense given what we saw of the characters on the show.

Did I say how much I liked this? smile

c.

Top Banana
Top Banana
LOVE IT!

And I have to agree with CC's take on the "needy" theory. It's new to me, but it totally makes sense, now that I've seen it in writing. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm a big lover of sappy things Tank. This made me extremely happy. smile

It was an interesting take on the episode and does make it a lot less angsty. I have to say it is one of my more favorite alt-takes on the episode. thumbsup

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, completely agree with Carol's comment about Superman's neediness. Like everybody has already said, this is a wonderful TOGOM rewrite. And it's great to have Tank back here, frequently posting on these boards! clap

Ann

Features Writer
Features Writer
wonderful rewrite clap

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
WAFFy fics, Tank? And no haircut? You're losing your touch. wink

P.S. Loved the story, though.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh Tank, I loved it! Such a nice alternate "rewrite" of that episode.

"Ah, Lois, I have another confession to make."
Now, exacty what else did Clark have to confess? He's already told Lois about Superman and she knows that he at least 'once' loved her. dizzy

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Now, exacty what else did Clark have to confess? He's already told Lois about Superman and she knows that he at least 'once' loved her.
good question confused

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by Sheila:
Oh Tank, I loved it! Such a nice alternate "rewrite" of that episode.

Now, exacty what else did Clark have to confess? He's already told Lois about Superman and she knows that he at least 'once' loved her. dizzy
Seems to me that Clark was about to confess that his lie in front of the Daily Planet at the end of HoL that he didn't really love her was a lie. Lois was in the mindset that Clark didn't really love her and wanted to convince him otherwise.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Tank,

Who would have thought that TOGOM could have another original twist. wink

Great story, and both Lois and Clark so much in character with lots of wonderful dialogue.

Thanks for sharing this one.

Yours Jenni

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I wish to thank all the gentle readers for their kind comments.

Unfortunately, my phone service has been down since friday night and that has put me off line until it was restored finally today. Talk about frustrating. You can't believe how
behind I now am on the boards. It's going to take me days and days to try and catch up.

I have to apologise for subjecting the gentle readers to several of my efforts lately, but I've been experiencing a sudden resurgence in interest with the L&C fic. (I've even watched several episodes from my DVD set). You won't see me writing any more of those reallllly long and involved fics, but if and when I feel the urge to dash off a vignette, or short, I will.

Concerning the haircut thing, it just didn't fit into this particular story. I love to include a proper haircut for Lois into my stories, but it can't appear forced. It should always logically make sense.

Because I've been off line for four days, and have been fighting off a bit of stomach flu, I've not been in a very good mood over this past weekend. I'm afraid I had to take it out on Lois. I subjected her to one of the more cruel haircut stories I've ever imagined. It was written to asage a mood and is safely stored on my hard drive.

Again I thank you all for the nice words on this little story. It's always appreciated.

Tank (who does have a nasty little idea currently percolating about in his brain... something that will probably be called The Prankster's Revenge)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard