I'm not a writer, but sometimes I like to pretend I am. I thought this quick little snippet up on the way to work this morning. Thanks to LaraMoon for beta reading this for me. smile

He was the world's savior and they didn't even know it. Standing atop the Daily Planet building, he observed the people on the street below. How innocent and naive they were to all the evils that lurked in the shadows. But, it was his job to make sure that they never had to face those evils and, should they have to, he would be the first one in line to battle them. His strong sense of justice would make sure that good prevailed no matter what.

His mother and father had instilled these things in his heart from an early age. It was his job to protect the weak and to do everything in his power to make sure others were taken care of. Grinning, he could still remember the first time his mother had seen him in his uniform. She had smiled and there were tears in her eyes. Silently, she had communicated to him what he already knew: that he was about to take on big things and become someone that the world could trust. Of course, they both were aware that no one would ever find out that he was the one behind it all.

Shaking his head, he thought about his reason for standing atop this building today. One person threatened to take away everything he held dear. One person had the world fooled. All they could see was his contribution to charities and his occasional appearance at fund raisers. They couldn't see the horrible threat that he posed to everyone. Even Lois Lane, hard hitting investigator reporter, was fooled by his charm. He had questioned her earlier about him and her response had been one of outrage. She had asked him how he, for one moment, could believe that this innocent soul was capable of murder and deceit.

Oh, but he did believe and he would prove it to her and to everyone else before it was all over. He just had to dig deep enough to get the answers to all the mysteries. Then, once it was the right time, he would come forward with all he knew and watch the man get what he deserved. No one had the right to hurt innocent people and he wasn't going to let it happen on his watch. No! He would make sure that truth, justice... and the American way would prevail.

With one last glance below, he took a deep breath and headed down the stairs to the Daily Planet inner offices. Walking into the conference room, he sat across from a man who was strapped to a lie detector. Jason Trask smiled. “Are you ready to begin Mr. Kent?”

Soon, he thought, soon I'll have my answers and soon I'll save the world.

This was in response to Marcus\' 20 Minute Challenge

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!