Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nan Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Wow! Now *there* is the first logical explanation for Bobby Bigmouth that I've ever seen! Nice work!

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Now that was a *very* clever idea! Nice job!

And PS, it does sound quite fun that you guys are both into fanfic! I can just see any of the guys I've dated so far saying, "I'm sorry, you want to do what?" <g>

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hehe! Loved it! Very clever idea and really well written, too! smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Now that's an original take! Really got a kick out of it. smile

c.

C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
This was lots of fun! Very clever and wonderfully well done. I could feel Martha's pain re: long car trips and kids with boundless energy! smile

Caroline

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Very good and original idea! It sure explains how Bobby can wolf down such huge helpings of food and still keep his thin-as-a-rake figure. And it explains how he knows everything about everybody, including how he knows when Lois has been pilfering his food!

Ann

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This is not only cute, not only well-written, not only very original, but it's funny! The only thing that wasn't clear to me is whether or not Bobby has realized that Clark and Superman are one and the same. When he comments to himself that he can never sneak up on Clark, it seems like it, and when he muses that he can't see things the way Superman does it seems like it, but you never actually come out and tell us! Frustrating!

But very good. I can't write short little vignettes like this, especially ones that are so complete within themselves. I laughed at several points, including the part about the toddler having obvious entry and exit wounds. Did the key shoot out of the socket and slice through him? Or did his mother do that out of frustration?

You can write another one of these just any time you want. I guarantee you I'll read it!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh Elisabeth! This was wonderful! I loved it! Deliciously new and fresh and so funny.

I loved how you tied everything together and explained all of Bobby's weird oddities.

Thanks for putting a silly grin on my face to end the weekend with. goofy

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
OMG! That was too cute. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
... I laughed at several points, including the part about the toddler having obvious entry and exit wounds. Did the key shoot out of the socket and slice through him? Or did his mother do that out of frustration? ...
Terry, has anyone ever said you have an odd sense of humor???

I can answer this one. Often times, electricity will cause entrance and exit wounds when it courses through one's body.

James, who is soooo glad that Elisabeth decided to shoot down my theory and write one of her own. Mine would have been long and involved and probably never posted..

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Thanks so much for all of your feedback.

Shadow said:
And PS, it does sound quite fun that you guys are both into fanfic! I can just see any of the guys I've dated so far saying, "I'm sorry, you want to do what?" <g>
Actually, James and I are so pitiful that many of our dates are all about fanfic.
..."Did you read the one...? No, don't tell me how it ends!"

..."How are you doing on your story? You need to quit playing with that section and move on."

...Yadda yadda yadda yadda.

Without fanfic, we might not have a love-life. >>Sigh<< /me looks blissfully at the big guy on my right

Caroline says:
could feel Martha's pain re: long car trips and kids with boundless energy!
I don't know. I avoid them like the plague. We made one 10-hour trip for a funeral and another 10-hour trip for a family reunion. However, I've blissfully blocked most of the actually road-time from my memory. I went to my happy place inside my brain. dizzy smile dizzy smile

Terry said:
This is not only cute, not only well-written, not only very original, but it's funny! The only thing that wasn't clear to me is whether or not Bobby has realized that Clark and Superman are one and the same. When he comments to himself that he can never sneak up on Clark, it seems like it, and when he muses that he can't see things the way Superman does it seems like it, but you never actually come out and tell us! Frustrating!
Thanks, Terry. I'll probably make some changes based on your helpful feedback. I hadn't planned on having Bobby remember enough to link adult Clark with the childhood accident. Clark with the photographic memory certainly doesn't remember, or we would have heard about it. But that would make for a really great revelation story.

I laughed at several points, including the part about the toddler having obvious entry and exit wounds. Did the key shoot out of the socket and slice through him? Or did his mother do that out of frustration?
My goodness! I'm glad James cleared that one up. That poor mother was probably only tempted. I know I would have been. wink

You can write another one of these just any time you want. I guarantee you I'll read it!
I'm full of 'em. Unfortunately, most of my vignettes never make it past the dinnertime conversations. I never lose anything on the hard drive since they don't make it that far.

I wrote this one at Christmas, but wanted to wait until the Holidays were over since that is such a special time.

Thanks to all who responded. Glad you enjoyed.

Elisabeth

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Fun and original!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Gah, how'd I miss this?

*Best* *Bobby* *Story* *Ever*.