Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
OK, I admit, I read "World's Finest" comics as a kid, and now I read the "Superman Batman" comics. I have always loved the combination of the obsessed, dark but very handsome Bruce Wayne working with the more optimistic, "see the best in everyone" Clark Kent/Superman. An alt-fic gives me the opportunity to bring them together without jeoparding established LnC canon from the show.

And since Bruce is a philanthropist, and Lois has been now been a missionary, I thought I would play a little bit with the obvious rapport that they have. Lois Lane loves her heroes!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup

“The Smallville field is under attack, Mr. Luthor.”

“Get out there. Whatever you do, make sure it’s on videotape so I can watch it later. Follow protocol procedures.”

“Yes, Mr. Luthor.”
Videotape! eek

All of them are in trouble. eek

“How limited?” Lois squeaked.

“Five questions, all approved by him ahead of time,” Clark replied.

Lois reflected on the options presented to her. Clark already knew, and obviously respected, who Batman was. He had saved their lives. He was… “Bruce Wayne!” she yelled. “It’s Bruce!”

Clark shook his head. “How do you do it, honey? Do you have ESP or something?”

“I’m right, aren’t I? So no blindfold, I already know. Ha – ha,” she said, gloating gleefully.

“Lois… please consider the good he does as Batman. If you reveal who he is,”
Clark began.

“Smallville, I thought you knew me better by now. The man’s donating a small fortune to improve the lives of children overseas and I’m going to betray him? No way! Bring me up there, right now,” Lois implored.
Wise girl. thumbsup

Lois started to object – the stopped herself. “Promise me you won’t be giving any other interviews to anyone else – even Vicki Vale?”

“Absolutely *not* Vicki Vale,” Bruce asserted. “She doesn’t know I’m Batman, and she’s been vocal to me about her disapproval of his – my – methods. She only like to hang with me because of my money. A bit too shallow for the *real* Bruce Wayne,” he admitted. “But she’s good for my image as playboy Bruce Wayne.”
confused Maybe Lois' friend 'the doctor' in the camp?

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
You mean Bridget Crosby? Hmmm.... that's interesting, but I think that Bernie Klein and her have more in common.

Besides, Batman's already in love with Catwoman (Selina Kyle). They are destined to have a daughter, Helena Wayne (the Huntress).

I just love the comics world!

Chris

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I loved it too, Chris, but I have no time to comment right now!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YAY!!! New part!!! goofy

~•~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
QOTC: I didn't know that, but I'm glad to oblige! I too love the fact that the "everything is cut and dry and black and white" Batman has a thing for a woman who represents the "other side of the tracks".... makes him more human like the rest of us who always fall for the wrong guy...(Sigh)

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part.

Her breathing became labored and Lois suddenly realized that she was allergic to grass pollens, and wheat in the early stages was identical to it. She felt her wind pipe starting to restrict and after dragging herself another ten feet, she collapsed in the field, in the throws of an asthma attack.
I can relate... but hey, I’ve never had to mow the grass because of it.

Batman to the rescue.

Elvis Presley International Airport,
rotflol

Alt-Clark evidently doesn’t know there’s more than one way to find out who the Batman is other than seeing through his mask.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
What - X=raying his other body parts?? LOL..

I don't think most guys would want to look thru another guy's clothes unless they were playing on the "other team" ....

Anyway, Clark already knew it was Bruce - at least he had a strong hunch...it was Lois that was obsessed with knowing...

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was thinking DNA. I don't know how Clark found out in the comics, but he did manage to find out without ever seeing Bruce's face under the mask. Bruce had it lined with lead and was very aggravated to find out that Superman still knew who he was. Bruce had investigated Superman and found out what his real identity was. He was going to use that information as possible leverage against Clark. He was quite dismayed when Clark told him he knew who he was, too, and then he told Batman that he knew he was Bruce Wayne.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm a Bat&Cat shipper.
Well, I'm a Lois and Clark shipper, that's for sure! That's the only shipper I am. As for the Bat, I've been in two minds about him. I've been irritated at how he makes Superman look rather dense at times. At the same time, I often like to see Batman around in Superman stories, and I adore it when he's around to watch Lois and Clark being in love! In your story, Chris, I thought it was so sweet that Lana made Lois jealous, and Bruce made Clark jealous! Such fun! And I most certainly enjoyed seeing our favorite Bat save Lois and Superman. By the way, though... it was a little strange to see Batman still have a secret identity, but Superman's identity has been blown. I suddenly felt nostalgic for his secret identity.

Anyway, Chris, I love this story! Please write on!!!

Ann

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I feel the same way (about Alt-Clark losing his secret identity)...which is why I had the scene where Lois expresses sadness that Clark lost his secret identity and they constantly have to deal with the paparazzi...

Hmmm..... I wonder if our British time-traveler with the funny hat could fix that ????

HMMMMMMMMMM

Chris

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Part 23 is up!

Chris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard