Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37584 01/19/07 06:23 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
awww! I can't believe you got up to post this just after midnight. I am SO totally going to cry...

mmm.... yeah, ok... I can't even see the screen anymore. I'll be back in a few. I'm such a basket case!!!

edit:
Barbara - I really don't know what to say. I'm completely, absolutely blown away. rotflol
Now I understand! This is way too funny! smile

“Don’t listen to her. I know you are Batman,” Becca whispers softly, trying to soothe him. “And you know you’re Batman. That’s enough really, isn’t it? We don’t need that stupid cow, do we?”
See, it's so obvious now that Clark is her father. She's a little super hero, too, isn't she? Perhaps powerless, but still. However, I think she's going to get herself in trouble for the cow comment. It's hilarious, but I doubt Clark would be very proud of that comment. hehehe!

“I love you, too, Daddy,” Becca replies.

“Clark,” he answers dryly as he sweeps her up into his arms and hugs her tightly.

“No, Daddy… Daddy.”
awww!!! this couldn't possibly be more adorable.

This is a beautiful beginning!! Thank you so much for posting it - I couldn't have asked for a sweeter birthday present. Thank you! sloppy

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Columnist
Columnist
Happy birthday Lara. Hope you'll have the perfect day.

Great beginning for your stories. You know I love them all, bakasi.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Yeah, happy birthday, Lara. I wish I could give you something as nice.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Blind as a ba-at, blind as a ba-at... Now you know what Barbara was talking about...

~~~~~~~
From Blind as a Bat FDK:
Great work, Lara. And that title... *giggles* For some reason I won't tell you yet I find this especially amusing.
Barbara - I hope you will tell me, eventually! Cause I'm as curious as hell and people dropping hints like that really drive me nuts (ie: there's a line at the beginning of the story that describes Lois, but it's really more a description of myself.. I figured it would fit her too, though)
Lara, I think the inside joke has something to do with a story bakasi is working on?
Hehehehe.....

Lara, I think the inside joke has something to do with a story bakasi is working on?
Yeah, I know it does. And I'm guessing this is something she would send me to BR.
Fooled you!! No beta for Lara on this one...

Cause I'm as curious as hell and people dropping hints like that really drive me nuts (ie: there's a line at the beginning of the story that describes Lois, but it's really more a description of myself.. I figured it would fit her too, though)
----------------------------
What are you talking about girl? I totally lost you...
Barbara said that something in that story made her laugh for reasons she wasn't going to tell me yet. And I'm sitting here going positively crazy with curiosity. Must be why it killed the cat, by the way.
Oh, I knew... I really did. But I couldn’t help egging it on a little...
~~~~~~~

You have no idea how much I cried and I hadn't even read a single line of the actual story yet! (can you say "overly emotional") And let's not get into how much I cried while I read the story... yeah, cause if I tell anyone, you guys are bound to have me sent to the sort of place where they have soft cushy white walls. <giggle>
Ah... You big softie!!

I have to thank Nancy who made the whole thing possible. You are an amazing beta-reader
Thank you! I enjoyed helping to make it possible (and making it such a surprise for Caro)!!

When I read this story, I told Barbara that I thought this story was her best work yet. It’s amazing, and I think it’s Kerth worthy!! I won’t quote right now because I need to go to bed, but I love this story!!!!

For LaraMoon (beware of the bats)
Happy Birthday... (And do beware of the bats)

[Linked Image]

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Happy Birthday, Lara!!!! Hip, hip, horray!!!!! dance dance

Sweet story, Barbara! It was good to see one more chapter of the story of Clark and Becca.

Ann

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
awww! I can't believe you got up to post this just after midnight. I am SO totally going to cry...

mmm.... yeah, ok... I can't even see the screen anymore. I'll be back in a few. I'm such a basket case!!!
Well, yeah, I woke up anyway and thought that I could send it right away. It was more a fluke that it happened to be midnight in Montreal at the same time. Ohh..and Lara, don't you cry. It's your birthday, you've gotta laugh wink

But I have to admit that this is partially a sad story. When I asked Nancy to do the beta-reading, I already feared that she'd send it back to me, telling me that this was no way a story I could use as a birthday present. Ohh, but you liked it, Lara, so you saved my day!!!!!

When I read this story, I told Barbara that I thought this story was her best work yet. It’s amazing, and I think it’s Kerth worthy!! I won’t quote right now because I need to go to bed, but I love this story!!!!
Thanks, Nancy! sloppy

Sweet story, Barbara! It was good to see one more chapter of the story of Clark and Becca.
Ahh, Ann, you're going to see another chapter of the story. I'm already writing on it and definitely plan on wrapping the whole thing up now. I think it's about time. I guess I'll start posting in February. It's going to be a long part. There is soooooo much that still has to happen. Dang, what did I think when I invented Becca? Well, obviously I didn't think.

But anyway, I'm glad you are enjoying the ride.

Have a nice birthday, Lara. I hope I could add a bit to your Super(man) day.

party

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks every one for the wishes. I appreciate it more than you can imagine.

Yeah, happy birthday, Lara. I wish I could give you something as nice.
aaww! but you did give me something nice, Woody - you posted a message in the off topic folder. smile And that was super nice of you to do. smile

Blind as a ba-at, blind as a ba-at... Now you know what Barbara was talking about...
Yeah - and now I know you were pulling my leg, right there in the middle of fdk for my story. Naughty girl! *lol* You totally had me going. smile

Ah... You big softie!!
Oh, girl, "softie" doesn't even begin to cover it! I'll cry at the drop of a pin. Especially when people do nice things for me "just because" - not very used to that, so it gets me right there. laugh

When I read this story, I told Barbara that I thought this story was her best work yet. It’s amazing, and I think it’s Kerth worthy!!
Oh, most definitely Kerth worthy! I keep telling her, these stories get better and better. This was definitely on of the best in the Becca series. Mind you, the mistletoe kiss is quite hard to forget. wink

Ohh, but you liked it, Lara, so you saved my day!!!!!
Oh, sweetie - you totally made my day with this story, you have no idea. Thank you so, so much!!

Ahh, Ann, you're going to see another chapter of the story. I'm already writing on it and definitely plan on wrapping the whole thing up now.
...and Caro promises she'll get right on that second part she's got on her hard drive. She says she's got two pages done and she'll send you the rest of it later today. Plans on doing that while watching a few episodes of Shirtless Clark - err.. Lois & Clark - on TV right after her croissants and a nice big bowl of café latté. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Happy birthday Lara.

Cute fic, bakasi. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard