Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Nice part, Vincent!

I liked how Jon thought about his options as he was trying to save his school mates. Interesting twist that Clark and Jonathan gave the secret away. I'm curious if you are going to wrap this up ( Can't see how this should be possible, but hey, nothing is impossible.) or how Lois, Calrk and their son will go on living when everyone knows.

Personally, I always sympathized with Clark not telling anyone. I am even on his side when it comes to telling Lois so late in their relationship. (Or rather not telling her at all, because she figured it out herself)
I'm rambling.

Keep on the good wrinting, Vincent.

thumbsup

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
goofy ) Anyway, it be neater and easier for me to find the chapters if they were all under one title. Or you could even have a unifying prefix, like so:

(Umbrella Title)I : FlashBacks
(Umbrella TItle)II: The Longest Five Minutes

Just my 2 cents.

This is superbly written, btw. smile

Man, I can't believe thoughts take so much space and time to express in words.
You haven't read Masques, have you? goofy

~•~
V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Hmm...the umbrella title thing is a great idea. I'll make sure to do that next time.

Columnist
Columnist
I am really enjoying reading this! Everything flows and its wonderfully written. I also like how Jonathon weighed his options. I see he takes after his father more than his mother! wink

I have one question though. Why did he yell out about the heat vision? For all he knew, the gunmen could think that maybe Superman was hanging out outside somewhere. The super heat-up could have been explained away. But I guess that wasn't really the point of your story, was it?

I can't wait to see how Lois and Clark handle all of this. Poor Clark having to take a call like that. And to have someone deliver the message that your wife "had an affair", that must have been hard on that man too!

I'll be looking for the next part!

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. I was kind of visualising the classrooms at the high school where I went to, which were pretty much enclosed so Superman would have to burn through a wall or some glass first to shoot inside. I guess I should have described the layout of the room first.

So, I figured a gunman would panic at a gun melting for no apparent reason and start shooting people. The stupid yell was just to make sure he shot at the right person. I figured if he was going to be shot anyways, the secret would be out regardless.

Actually, that was the tricky part. I had to devise a plot where

1.Jonathan got shot
2.The secret is out
3. #1 and #2 is the only way or else someone dies.

Hence the weird plot. (dud bomb, multiple gunmen, shooting begins in 5 minutes) Best I could come up with though frown Getting around Superman showing up to save the day is tricky...

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
So this is the thing called pain. Such a strange, unfamiliar sensation. Oh, he had read descriptions of it, had imagined in his mind what it must feel like, but he was still surprised at the reality of it. Perhaps hunger and illness felt like this too? But what was it that had created this new feeling? Ah yes, there had been a loud bang. As quickly as his first remembrance came, the rest of his memories tumbled together...

Suddenly, the classroom door burst open to reveal two masked gunmen. "All right, nobody move! Everyone up against that wall!" shouted the one wearing a black leather jacket.
Another solid intro. A good attention-grabber.

"Police? Yeah, here's the deal. We've got a classroom full of kids held hostage, and we want ten million dollars and safe passage to the country of our choice. If our demands are not met, we'll blow the room to smithereens along with everyone in it. If we even *suspect* that Superman is around, we'll detonate the bomb. Oh - and just to show you that we mean business, we're going to shoot one student every five minutes, starting...oh, say, five minutes from now." Jonathan focused his hearing, and could make out the person on the other end start a cry of protest at the last sentence, but immediately after saying his last word, Leather Jacket hung up the phone.
Actually, that was the tricky part. I had to devise a plot where

1.Jonathan got shot
2.The secret is out
3. #1 and #2 is the only way or else someone dies.

Hence the weird plot. (dud bomb, multiple gunmen, shooting begins in 5 minutes) Best I could come up with though Getting around Superman showing up to save the day is tricky...
Superman's existance is exactly why this isn't a weird plot. Every criminal realizes that Superman puts their criminal enterprise at risk, so his existance makes them more desperate.

Also, as a teen, I don't expect Jonathon to be able to figure out how to do a rescue without revealing his secret. He does his best, thinking through all the options.

I totally understand why Clark reveals himself as Superman to protect Lois's reputation and to honor the sacrifice that Jonathon already made.

This part is better than the last. The sections flow freely from one to the next. The thoughts lead one to the next.

In the last part, I had a hard time, because I wasn't sure why the flashbacks were happening. Somehow I see flashbacks as more appropriate for a woman or a man who is convinced they are going to die than for a teenage boy who is convinced he is going to live forever. Each flashback was well-written, but I wasn't sure why he was having the flashbacks.

Perhaps it would be better if Lois were the one having the flashbacks after finding out her son has been shot. Or perhaps I'm just a lousy reader. :p

Either way, I really am enjoying this story (otherwise I wouldn't have taken the time to leave this much feedback).

Keep writing.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard