Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#37325 01/15/07 06:15 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Great story, Lara!
Just as much fun as the first, and you write their interaction so well. I would love to see a sequel!

Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#37326 01/16/07 02:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great icon, Nancy! smile

Elizabeth, Laura - thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

And Jessi - OMG! you're posting feedback? j/k wink
Just as much fun as the first, and you write their interaction so well. I would love to see a sequel!
blush awww! thank you!! And yeah, sequel... coming... give me time to tweak it. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#37327 01/16/07 02:56 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ah gee, I didn't say anything?! I thought I did. Maybe I did and I'm blind. I read it while I was at work, so I couldn't have, hmm.

I really enjoyed it smile Sorry I have to run.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#37328 01/16/07 07:21 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Roo smile

Ok... I *totally* cannot help myself:

Maybe I did and I'm blind.
Blind? As a bat?
(hey, I said I couldn't help it, that means it's probably only funny in my head! And you had fair warning!)

I'm glad you enjoyed it! smile

#37329 01/17/07 03:58 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
What a great,funny story!!!

"Oh, dammit! Lois Lane, you are as blind as you are dense! Let me spell it out for you. Clark. Kent. Is. Batman."
"What is it, Lois? You want to plunge the dagger even deeper into my self-esteem?"
I busted out laughing at these two lines...it's genius.

Great job thumbsup

Clark: "Can I have a rat chief? Can I, huh? Please?"

Perry: "Clark, do you want me to send you to the dark room?"

Clark: "The dark room?"
#37330 01/17/07 05:11 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lara, you are a hoot! And so is this story! smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#37331 01/17/07 06:09 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
laugh Thank you!!

That dagger reply, I have to admit, is one of my favorite lines in this one. I can really imagine him telling her that. hehe!

I'm so glad that you guys are enjoying this. There's going to be a third part in a few days (can't say exactly when I'll be done, but soon).

And I've got an idea for a story that Ann should like, to redeem myself for making Lois so incredibly blind in this... that one is going to have a galactically stupid Clark in it instead. But even though I have pieces of that in my head already, I have no idea when I'll be ready to post it, so don't hold your breath just yet. wink

#37332 01/17/07 05:51 PM
Blogger
Blogger
This was a fun story to read. I can't believe that Lois is that galactically stupid! shock
I look forward to the sequel and what Lois will do with the info that Clark *accidentally* shared with her. laugh

#37333 01/18/07 03:09 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I also think the misunderstandings are funny. The whole story is too cute! Looking forward to the next segment. smile

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#37334 01/18/07 03:24 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
awww! thank you! smile You have no idea what all these comments mean to me. Seriously, it's a million times better than the best cheese-cake in the world.

sloppy

#37335 01/21/07 05:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love the fact that Lois talked herself out of Clark being Superman... and every other superhero on the face of the planet. Boy, denial will get you every time, because she really doesn't want to love Clark.

It was a very amusing story. rotflol

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#37336 01/22/07 03:26 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile Thanks James!!

Third part of this should be landing on your computer screens this week... You know, in case anyone's still interested. <giggles>

#37337 01/22/07 08:08 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interested, nah...just be sure we can count on your promise that it will be this week. We don't want you to be a slacker. Can't stand promise breakers... wildguy wildguy wildguy

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#37338 01/25/07 01:56 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
So much fun, Lara! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#37339 01/25/07 03:24 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
laugh Thanks Lisa!

Next part is up in my head, still, haven't had time to put it on "paper" yet. But it's all written up there. So it'll be posted soon. (just give me some time to get over this week's episode of Smallville and the preview for next week's - cause I'm about to die - it was soooooooo good!!!)

#37340 05/26/08 01:52 AM
Blogger
Blogger
*chortles* Oh, Lois...

But I'm seriously looking forward to the rest of these! So she's going to prove Clark is one of those other superheroes. Anyone OTHER THAN Superman, eh? Heh. Priceless.

#37341 06/15/08 08:41 AM
Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Lara,

I've just started reading your "Clark Kent is Batman ... NOT!" series and I'm having a blast.

So here's totally not concise feedback of the quote-as-you-go variety:

Lucy said as she was now starting to think her sister's reputation as an investigative reporter was well over done.
- LOL, yeah, that's what we all think at times wink

He'd always known that a different hairstyle and glasses wasn't exactly an impenetrable disguise,
- LOL, so you're a smart boy after all

Not bothering with the fact that he seemed to be working on something at the time, she grabbed him by the chin turned his head so he'd be facing her.
- sorry for being so repetivite, but: LOL, I was caught by surprise here, too wink

"Ah!" she let out, victoriously. "See, I knew it, there really isn't anything special about you."

"Wow. Thanks Lois, that's always nice to hear," he told her, in a wounded tone. He knew perfectly well what she was referring to, but that didn't make the words any less hurtful.

"No, no, I don't mean it like that Clark," she explained as she started back towards her desk. "You are special, in a way... just not that way."

"Gee, it makes so much more sense now," he said, in an acid tone.
great exchange

He was starting to wonder if it was even worth trying to salvage their friendship, once she found out about his other identity. She'd never see him as anything more than someone she was free to push around and God forbid she should start acting this way when he was out being Superman, else people would definitely start getting all kinds of ideas in their heads.
- I like this reasoning, it's funny and actually makes some sense wink

"Oh, dammit! Lois Lane, you are as blind as you are dense! Let me spell it out for you. Clark. Kent. Is. Batman."
- LOL again

Not to mention, if she actually stopped to think about it just a little bit, she would figure out who he really was. Lois really wasn't that blind!
- I wouldn't be so sure ...

"Yeah, I kinda thought so, really. I mean, Lucy said she'd recognized your jaw line and your chin, but seriously... she hasn't seen Batman up close and personal anymore than I have. Besides, I really can't imagine you in a spandex suit, Clark." She laughed at the thought. "Yeah, definitely not! You'd look awful in that."
- Well, you don't *have* to imagine ... you've already *seen it*, for god's sakes *shakes her head

and she was fairly certain that Clark had no super powers. He couldn't unscrew bottles caps on his own half the time!
- or so you think ... wink

I really like her thought process - though I was a little surprised at her conclusion:

Too bad Clark wasn't Superman, she thought with a giggle. No... Lois knew for a fact that Clark wasn't Superman. After all, Clark had grown up in Kansas - she'd seen the baby pictures when they were in Smallville not very long ago. As for Superman, well, not only was he from Krypton, he hadn't even been around for very long anyhow.
- I guess Tempus was right after all ...

Anyways, great little story - and a fabulous title, too smile

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard