#37278 01/14/07 03:39 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Good to see a new part, Nancy!

Hannah rolled her eyes. “*That’s* my little brother Al. He’s ten and he’s a squirt.”
Call him Al... goofy

Marilyn looked up at him. “Tom. What’s wrong?” As she took in his look of fear, she realized what he was wringing in his hands… a Robin mask. She jumped up. “Oh, *crap*! Where is he? How bad?”
Oh, damn! Little Tom wants to be Robin, but right now he needs help to save his Daddy!

Hmmm. Bruce is really injured. Well, when Nurse Nancy writes the story, we shouldn't complain if we get to see a lot of injuries.

She had her head on Ben’s shoulder. She loved the smell of him. She loved his almost emerald green eyes that she thought a girl could drown in. She loved everything about Ben Winters.
Oh, how sweet!

He turned to her and said, “Umm… Chloe. Can I talk to you about something?”

“Sure, sweetie. Anything. You know that.” She ran her hand down the side of his cheek.
Love her running her hand down his cheek.

“Well… I’ve been thinking… I mean.. Umm…” He blushed.

Chloe giggled. “You are so cute when you blush. Pink cheeks and auburn hair. What a combination.”
Irresistible!!

“Hey. You have red hair, too.” He kissed her lightly on the lips. “I.. uh… well… Oh, heck.” He ran his hand inside her t-shirt and caressed her breast.
Hah! She caressed his cheek, and he caresses her breast! Nice!

“I.. uh… wondered if you might want to… you know… again. I mean it’s been awhile, but… Hmm… I have protection this time.”
Awww, he's adorable when he's asking.

Chloe interrupted. “I rather thought you were the one that put the skids on things. I thought you were the one that wanted to back off, Mr. Ben.”

“Well, yeah. But… you know, it kind of hurt you a little, and I’ve been worried about that… but… well, now you are sixteen, and I thought…”
Hmmm. If he hurt her a little (and if he managed to have intercourse with her at all) then she can't have been invulnerable at that time.

And... now she's sixteen, eh? She started out when she was fifteen. Oh, well, I guess she takes after her oldest brother!

“Because sixteen is the age of consent in New Troy. She was pretty worried about you being only fifteen. I… well, you know mom had me when she was just fifteen herself, and she was worried..”

Chloe was a little confused. “That I’d get pregnant?”

“No. Her dad tried to get my dad charged with statutory rape. He was seventeen. The only reason he wasn’t charged was because mom begged… and because they got married.”
eek

“You miss your dad a lot, don’t you?”

Ben nodded sadly. “But I know you understand. That’s a lot of what brought us together. It just… so much happened. You never met Micky or my dad. You would have liked them. Micky was so sick. He was in liver failure and we all finally made the decision that I’d give him part of my liver. And then… Dad and Micky were killed in a car accident on the way home from the hospital. And dad was stupid enough to not have life insurance. He should have known better. He was a lawyer, for Pete’s sake. Mom had worked so hard to put him through school - at the expense of her own education, no less! I’m glad she’s going back now.”
Poor Ben. But I wish Chloe had said that she misses her Mom, too.

She shyly said, “Let’s go to your bedroom, Ben. Your mom won’t be home until midnight.”

Ben smiled and stood up. “Are you sure? I mean… I don’t want to hurt you, Chloe. You know how much I love you.”

She kissed his cheek. “Oh, Ben, you know why it hurt the last time.”

They walked into his room and tumbled on the bed. He started to turn off the light. She smiled and said, “Leave it on, Ben. The last time we did this, it was in the back of your car and it was dark. I want to see things this time.”

He grinned and said, “I agree, Chloe. I agree.” He smiled appreciatively as Chloe pulled her t-shirt off. "Oh, yes, Chloe," he whispered huskily.
<sigh> So sweet.

“And… did anything else happen. Anything ‘weird’?”

Jon bit his lip in thought. “Yeah. Maybe. I remember I got a fit of the giggles. I couldn’t stop. Mary broke up with me over that - no great loss though. I giggled and giggled and giggled. I think that must have lasted for a couple of days. I got in trouble at school, too.”
It really was the red Kryptonite!!! (Poor Jon - but it would have been fun to see him giggling.)

Bruce nodded quietly. “Yes, congratulations. But I hope you aren’t going to rush into things. You are both very young.”

Hannah’s eyes twinkled. “But very mature. I think we will probably be getting married right away.” She looked at her mom. “And no big ideas. I don’t want some big society to do. I just want a simple, quiet, little wedding. So keep it quiet, okay?”
Hey, Bruce, Hanna is saving her innocence for Jon! Don't you criticize her for getting married early.

She nodded but seemed unsure. “It’s just… You scare me, Bruce. You are fifty-two years old. You need to back off some. Let Dick... Nightwing take care of things now. You know he was taught by the best.”
He's fifty-two, eh? I'll be fifty-two this year. And hey, Nancy, you have yet to introduce us to Dick Grayson!

“Chloe. I know it was dark before, but… you… I’d swear you used to be flatter.” He took a deep breath. “Are you pregnant?”
Let me guess.... (Fascinating development, though!)

“Well… I don’t know. I mean, just earlier this evening you were eating chocolate ice cream topped with pickle relish.” His look was one of disgust. “That would seem to be indicative of something like a pregnancy.”

She giggled. “Oh, Ben. You worry too much. I haven’t missed any periods, so how could I be pregnant?”
I think that really can happen. A colleague of mine taught a twenty-eyar-old who was really overweight and not too bright. One morning she had some terrible cramps, so she went to the hospital. "Are you pregnant?" they asked her. "No," she said. "I've had all my periods." "Well, you're pregnant all the same. You can start pushing now!" And a few hours later she had given birth to a daughter!

“Your mom’s home. Get dressed!”

“She’s not due home for a couple hours. I don’t hear anything.” He lay back on the bed.

Chloe hissed, “I’m telling you she’s home.”
Did Beth Winters suspect what her son was up to?

He looked at Chloe with an odd look. “How’d you get completely dressed that fast?” She shrugged but felt unable to tell him about herself at this very moment.
Ben doesn't know about Beth's superpowers?

K’al has given us his blessing, oh, my Queen of Wheat. He will perform the ceremony of union. Maybe we can get that done before mother wakes up.>
Hah! They are eloping, Kryptonian style!

K’al smiled. “~I take it you want to do this now?~” Mari and Los both nodded eagerly. He raised an eyebrow. “~I’m not sure why you are in such a hurry, but okay… Well, it’s not a gold rope, but that doesn’t always have to be used.~” He bound their wrists together and then began to speak. Los began to translate the ceremony for Marisol. K’al droned on and on. Los and Mari were getting really nervous about Zara waking up when, finally, he ended with, “~I declare this union complete, its consummation sanctioned by the law.~” He smiled.
Elopement completed! goofy

Mari and Los walked out and stopped in the hall. <He doesn’t know, does he?>

Los shook his head no. <No, he doesn’t. He’s probably going to be furious with me.>
I'll bet. Ugh.

Well, fascinating chapter, Nancy!

Ann

#37279 01/14/07 08:37 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
New part, new part!! [Linked Image]

Loved the chat between Hannah and Caitlyn about Batman. smile Nice to get a little bit of history.

Kid brother is named Al? hehehe! After the butler? Ok, this is just too cute, really. smile Cause, you know... Alfred rocks!

Marilyn shrugged and rolled her eyes. “Uggg… You know how these sup…”

Hannah leaned over to her mom and whispered to her, “I don’t think Caitlyn knows.”
Wait, I thought Caitlyn knew? ...ah...

Marilyn rolled her eyes. “You find a lot of things by accident, don’t you? Batcave… Batmobile… Bat-computer... ”
hehehe! teenagers. wink

Nice part, Nancy! Love to see relationships progressing along. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#37280 01/14/07 09:46 AM
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nancy,

BRILLIANT!! wave
Stuart

#37281 01/14/07 10:30 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup

He interrupted, “Well, Mom… it’s okay now.”

Chloe nodded in agreement. “I’m sixteen now.” She looked at Ben and rolled her eyes. “Big mouth.”

He shrugged. “Sorry.”

Beth sighed and said, “You are both too young for this. But telling you that is like…” She shook her head in frustration. “I’ve been there… I *know* what you think.” She looked over and saw the package of condoms on Ben’s bedside table. “Well, at least you were responsible *this* time.” She looked between the two of them and said crisply, “Kitchen. Now!” She turned and walked out of the room.
:rolleyes: Clark should sit down and talk with his kids.

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#37282 01/14/07 10:33 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Nice chapter, Nancy!

As they say, I guess we hurt the ones we love. And now… I wonder if some of their problems aren’t from something else… some of his…
Nocturnal activities? laugh

Caitlyn nodded. “Yes, I remember hearing about someone shooting him. I guess he understands a lot of what Clark is going through.” She pouted. “Well, on second thought, I don’t guess he knows about Clark.”
Guess who's in for a surprise? eek

It has 137 rooms.. official rooms anyway
I love this bit about 'official rooms'. There sure are some inofficial ones, too.

Hannah said excitedly, “Daddy’s Batman.”

Tom looked at her in shock. “You *know*?! I didn’t think you knew.”

Hannah muttered, “Well, have I got a surprise for you… Robin.”
Yeah, quite a surprise! Fine little intra-family revelation.

Oh, a little excerpt from Ann's feedback:
Hmmm. Bruce is really injured. Well, when Nurse Nancy writes the story, we shouldn't complain if we get to see a lot of injuries.
Yes, I realized that, too. Naturally, I'm doing my best to influence her to keep the Kents healthy, and what does she do? Make Caitlyn work on Bruce. wink

“I gave him a little Valium. I’m reluctant to give him more. My big, strong husband’s blood pressure tends to drop easily.”
Funny little tidbit of information. It's a good thing we FoLCs are all good people, though.

Caitlyn grinned. “Yes, I’m sure if you have had this happen before, then you know you are going to have to take things very easy for a while. But on the up side, that means you can come with your wife and kids to Kentucky over the weekend.”
Well, Caitlyn sure knows when to ask something like that. As if Bruce could not agree in this situation...

~~~~~~

“Yeah, well, mountain climbing will do that. I don’t think it’ll be too big a problem. It’ll be a best seller regardless of when it finally comes out. But I’m hoping for Christmas time. Three books this year would be great. You’re the best, Clark. The absolute best.”
Three books in one year? Ah, typing at super-speed. That's unfair!

~~~~~~~~~

“I.. uh… wondered if you might want to… you know… again. I mean it’s been awhile, but… Hmm… I have protection this time.”
This time? shock

They walked into his room and tumbled on the bed. He started to turn off the light. She smiled and said, “Leave it on, Ben. The last time we did this, it was in the back of your car and it was dark. I want to see things this time.”
Can I have a peek, too?

~~~~~~

Jon bit his lip in thought. “Yeah. Maybe. I remember I got a fit of the giggles. I couldn’t stop. Mary broke up with me over that - no great loss though. I giggled and giggled and giggled. I think that must have lasted for a couple of days. I got in trouble at school, too.”
I giggled and giggled, too.

~~~~~~~~

He shook his head no. “No, it won’t. I want my beautiful wife in my bed with me. And Marilyn, if I have to tell you one more time that I did not marry you to provide me with medical care or to give me babies, I might have to shake you. I love you!”
I soooo love this declaration! blush

“Well… I don’t know. I mean, just earlier this evening you were eating chocolate ice cream topped with pickle relish.” His look was one of disgust. “That would seem to be indicative of something like a pregnancy.”

She giggled. “Oh, Ben. You worry too much. I haven’t missed any periods, so how could I be pregnant?”
I think that really can happen. A colleague of mine taught a twenty-eyar-old who was really overweight and not too bright. One morning she had some terrible cramps, so she went to the hospital. "Are you pregnant?" they asked her. "No," she said. "I've had all my periods." "Well, you're pregnant all the same. You can start pushing now!" And a few hours later she had given birth to a daughter!
Good point. You can start pushing NOW, indeed! How can someone miss all the signs, even if she doesn't miss her period?

She abruptly sat up and started dressing quickly. “Your mom’s home. Get dressed!”

“She’s not due home for a couple hours. I don’t hear anything.” He lay back on the bed.

Chloe hissed, “I’m telling you she’s home.”
A discrete use of super-hearing...
When Ben heard his mom’s voice calling for him and Chloe, he got out of bed and began dressing. He looked at Chloe with an odd look. “How’d you get completely dressed that fast?” She shrugged but felt unable to tell him about herself at this very moment.
...and super-speed!

She looked between the two of them and said crisply, “Kitchen. Now!” She turned and walked out of the room.
I wonder what she saw. confused

~~~~~~~~

“~Well, it’s a little thing… But you know, we don’t know how long we will be here… and well, Rya has this romantic notion. She wants us to be able to make love on this planet. And well… We were wondering…~”
Romantic? I don't think 'romantic' is the term I'd have used. But I'm not the guy in love, so be it!

Los smiled. “~So you really want to do this, huh?~” She nodded eagerly. He looked at the ceiling and shook his head. “~Let me see how you are doing.~” When he was done examining her, he sighed. “~Yes, you are healing much faster than you normally would.~” He looked at his brother, then back at Rya. “~Okay, but gently. *Very*, very gently.~”
Is Los actually trying to soften his brother up? Putting K'al in a good mood doesn't sound like a stupid idea...

~~~~~~~

K’al smiled. “~I take it you want to do this now?~” Mari and Los both nodded eagerly.
I can imagine *how* eagerly...

“~I’m not sure why you are in such a hurry, but okay…
laugh

Can't wait for more. :p

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#37283 01/14/07 02:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Ann, Caro, Stuart, Maria, and Mellie

Hmmm. If he hurt her a little (and if he managed to have intercourse with her at all) then she can't have been invulnerable at that time.
Well, as I mentioned earlier in the story when Caitlyn noted that folks were meant to have sex - Kryptonian or not, I just figured she still might have a little pain the first time, but umm... yeah, more on that later.

“No. Her dad tried to get my dad charged with statutory rape. He was seventeen. The only reason he wasn’t charged was because mom begged… and because they got married.”
That’s not a ‘law’ thing. I based that more on the family dropping the charges.

Poor Ben. But I wish Chloe had said that she misses her Mom, too.
Oh, she does, but she just wanted to listen to Ben’s feelings at that time.

It really was the red Kryptonite!!! (Poor Jon - but it would have been fun to see him giggling.)
Well, I told Mellie I might have to write a little fic about that. I just might have to do it.

Hey, Bruce, Hanna is saving her innocence for Jon! Don't you criticize her for getting married early.
True. He just worries about his ‘baby’.

Yes, it can happen....

Ben doesn't know about Beth's superpowers?
Oh, Ben knows about his mom’s ... but he doesn’t know about Chloe’s yet.

Kid brother is named Al? hehehe! After the butler? Ok, this is just too cute, really. Cause, you know... Alfred rocks!
Well, Alfred is like a father to Bruce, so I thought it made sense.

Wait, I thought Caitlyn knew? ...ah...
Not about Bruce. Well, at least not then.

Looking forward to some more as this is getting better by the posting.
Oh, wow, Stuart, you just don’t know how much you have made me smile!

Clark should sit down and talk with his kids.
Yes, something will come out about that.

As they say, I guess we hurt the ones we love. And now… I wonder if some of their problems aren’t from something else… some of his…
Nocturnal activities?
Something to do with a bat...

Guess who's in for a surprise?
Big surprise.

Yes, I realized that, too. Naturally, I'm doing my best to influence her to keep the Kents healthy, and what does she do? Make Caitlyn work on Bruce.
Well, after I deal with Los, I’ll try to keep the Kents healthy... rotflol

Thanks, guys!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#37284 01/17/07 06:26 PM
Blogger
Blogger
This is fun to read. laugh

It was kind of a shock at first to see Clark with a woman other than Lois. However, I like how you've handled this aspect of your story. cool

I agree that Clark needs to sit his kids down and talk to them about how he feels about them having sex before marriage. After all, Zared got married so early because his girlfriend (sorry, I can't remember her name at the moment blush ). :rolleyes:

I like how there are so many different things going on with all of the different characters in the story. How do you keep track of who is with whom and who is doing what? confused

Are we going to see more of Lois popping in from the past? I love it that she's coming to the future to help things along. laugh clap

Thanks for keeping me entertained in a novel way. hail

#37285 01/17/07 11:31 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Nighthawk 2778!!

I agree that Clark needs to sit his kids down and talk to them about how he feels about them having sex before marriage. After all, Zared got married so early because his girlfriend (sorry, I can't remember her name at the moment
Yes, I'm going to do something with this. But I'm not telling what yet. Zared's girlfriend's name is Jenni.

I like how there are so many different things going on with all of the different characters in the story. How do you keep track of who is with whom and who is doing what?
I have a lot of notes and I have to re-read a lot. But it's easier when it's you own story. Olympe helps keep me in line, too.

And yes, Lois will pop in again.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#37286 01/18/07 01:32 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Olympe helps keep me in line, too.
Well, you're doing a very good job of staying in line. There isn't that much to do. Hardly anything at all.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard