Next Thread
Print Thread
#37251 01/13/07 02:13 PM
C
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
C
Wonderful, Sue, as always...and cruel, too, to give us just enough lovely light moments to give us hope and then to follow them with the scene in the tent, which darn near broke my heart.

You do a great job of exploring their trust issues in their chapter, starting with the climbing exercise and moving on to the real issues between them.

She knew he meant it - he wasn't going to get even. Her heart ached to be able to trust him again.
She trusts him in the first sentence and then wants to trust him in the second. So she trusts him but doesn't realize it, or just plain is afraid to let herself, which seems more likely.

And then it all leads up to her confessing her dream to him. Not the fun, sexy ones (though the fact that they're willing to share those does show a certain amount of mutual trust) but the one where she's falling and doesn't trust that he'll be there to catch her. And it turns out that he doesn't trust himself to catch her either, which is just heartbreaking, even if I do still kind of want to smack him upside the head. But I can see how he might let that fear rule him for a while. I only hope that Lois will talk him around to her point of view.

No one knows what's going to happen or how it's going to end. If it came right down to it, and I knew for certain that someone would use me to get to you, I'd still pick you. I'd rather have those few days or weeks or however long we get that are real, and happy, than to have an entire lifetime of lonely safety without you.
Yes. That's it exactly, isn't it? Makes me think of Julia Roberts in Steel Magnolias - "I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special."

Let's hope Lois will be very convincing!

Caroline

#37252 01/13/07 04:48 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
OMG, I'm almost in tears. What is it going to take for Clark to open up to Lois agian. I surely hope that something breaks soon! wallbash

Another aawesome chapter!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#37253 01/13/07 06:47 PM
G
Blogger
Blogger
G
Hi!

This is a great story! I've often thought Clark made a huge mistake when he broke off with Lois. However, the show never really let Clark tell his side or showed how much it hurt him. I really like the marriage couseling type of story you are writing. It is funny, gives some great advice (like communication is key), and has some angst. I also like the interaction amongst the characters you have introduced. Keep up the good writing!

G. Kuhn
#37254 01/13/07 07:19 PM
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
"And then this gust of wind comes up or something happens and suddenly I'm falling. I scream for you - sometimes it's Superman, but usually it's your name. I scream until I'm hoarse and I always wake up with a jolt just as I'm hitting the ground. You never catch me. You're not there and I don't know where you went or why."

"Lois, it's just a dream. You know I would never let anyone hurt you."

"Except you. You hurt me, Clark. It still hurts. I look at you and I see everything I have ever wanted but can never have."
My heart breaks for both of them. Please post again soon. smile

#37255 01/15/07 09:31 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Poor Clark. frown

Poor Lois. whinging

...and poor readers who have to wait for another installment! laugh

Write more, post more!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#37256 01/15/07 09:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Except her beta. <g> Her beta doesn't have to wait. Her beta has seen the very rough version of part 5. <drool - major drool>

Bear with Sue, she is still very sick. I know she's working on part 5, but it may take a bit before it's posted <<<<HUGS - SUE>>>>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard