Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Tank thinking: "Lois wouldn't cut her hair just to please Superman, but I've got to get it off somehow. What about paint?"

Great story, and I hope you write a sequel about Lois plan. It would be pretty nasty to have paint all over you, though.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile hehehe - that was fun! I also hope there will be a sequel, cause I wouldn't mind knowing what happens to Cat. LOL

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Lois had realized that she couldn't cut her hair because she thought Superman might notice her because of it. That wasn't who she was.
Yes!

Man! Now Cat's going to be so sure that Lois did it for Superman. I hate it when stupid crap like this happens to me. I get really mad at fate, and I bet Lois will too.

"Nothing? Excuse me; I was talking to Lois Lane here a minute ago."
Yeah, I am lost, too. I really thought she'd be more upset.

Go away, Ralph, I don't have time to deal with Inspector Henderson right now."

"What's Henderson got to do with anything?"

"Well he's going to want to question me about your murder."
Ah, that's more like it!

Good story, Tank.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
rotflol This was great! First her indecision, then the paint! I really want a sequel with bot Clark and Lois coming back at Cat. Don't you think Cat deserves a haircut, too?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it, Tank! Dialogue that felt very Lois and Clark.

And this:
"Go away, Ralph, I don't have time to deal with Inspector Henderson right now."

"What's Henderson got to do with anything?"

"Well he's going to want to question me about your murder."
Now, is there going to be a Tank ending where Lois .... doesn't get her hair cut? laugh

c.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very nice writing Tank, the premise felt amazingly fresh. It takes skill to twist it like this and still make the characters feel so true to the show.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yay! Of course, it figures that there would be short hair in the end, but I'm glad it's not because of Superman! And it's funny that the paint would be *green*. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwww, Tank! That was delightful!

I don't know if I've told you this before or not, but I love how you write Clark. He was so sweetly delicious in this part of the story. Of course you write Lois well, everyone knows that <g>.

I, too, wouldn't mind a quick epilogue showing what Lois has in mind for Cat.

But I loved this!

DJ <who swears Tank is about the only man she's ever known who likes short hair on women. <g>>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yay! I love a good Tank haircut story. I, too, am glad that Lois didn't cut her hair because of Superman, though. The green paint was fun and sort of inevitable! smile1 smile1 smile1

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
HAHAHA!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Columnist
Columnist
Tank, I loved this! I thought maybe she had gone through with it at the beginning of this part, but the paint idea was fantastic. I hate when stuff like that happens too. No matter what you say, no one will believe you. And a whole story just about Lois' hair, should've guessed. laugh

I've been pleasantly surprised by the number of Tank stories lately. Stories from you are always welcome. It's sad that we've lost Wendy to Dr. Who. Tank and Wendy challenges are my favorite!

DJ <who swears Tank is about the only man she's ever known who likes short hair on women. <g>>
Unfortunately for me, my boyfriend would prefer that I have short hair. I've had long hair my whole life and refuse to get it cut any shorter than shoulder length. I don't think I'd look as good as Lois did with the short 'bob'.

I'd also love to see what kinds of things you can cook up for Lois to exact her revenge! devil

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Merriwether
Merriwether
Thanks for the story Tank - hip hip horray!

She had walked out of Cindy's. As her friend had approached her, Lois had realized that she couldn't cut her hair because she thought Superman might notice her because of it. That wasn't who she was.
Yay, I'm glad and releived. clap However, not surprised. I was in denile that Lois would go for it...hmmm, but then all I could think of was how on Earth is it coming off?! confused eek

Lois' eyes grew wide in horror, then, while muttering barely audible curses at the fates, and at butter-fingered painters, she set off at a dead run.
Man, that's something to cause to go all pink. blush The horror!

Lois had watched as the trash can she'd set in front of her had collected more and more of her emerald locks [...]
LOL rotflol Poor Lois' hair. I'm sad to see it go. Although, enjoying it too.

"Hey, Lane, is it true that you chopped off your hair because you heard that Big Blue liked skirts with cropped tops?"
I enjoyed that. I dislike Ralph, but I enjoyed his ... personality insert here.

C'mon - Lois has to do something to Cat! I have no clue what, buuuuuuuut hopefully something wonderful comes out of Minnesota! Do you hate cold weather? I don't mind it, but I'm willing to share the cold spell that is happening where I am if it means you'd be stuck in your home making a sequel.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Lois caould always have Cindy come explain.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Let's say Lois's inadvertent *really* short haircut wasn't exactly a surprise. Tank and his love of haircuts is legendary laugh .

Not that I mind if it means another Tank story.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Top Banana
Top Banana
haha laugh

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute story, Tank. Of course the hair had to wind up short!
LOL!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Thanks to all the gentle readers who commented on this story. It had been a while since there had been a Lois haircut story so I felt that it was time for one. For some strange reason I don't see other folcs writing too many of them.

I find it interesting that Kristen only 'thinks' that she wouldn't look good in a shorter haircut. She doesn't really 'know'it. That would require her to actually try one. wink

I hadn't really considered a sequel to this because I hadn't seen Lois as feeling she needed to get 'revenge' on Cat. After all, she didn't get her haircut 'because' of Cat. Of course, the more people come up and bother her, the more this feeling of benevolent indifference might change. I'll have to think about it.

Thanks again.

Tank (who says Minnesota has just hit its first real cold snap, but he will be too busy doing laundry to do any writing right now)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol That was great and very well done.

I wouldn't mind seeing a story where Cat got what she deserves...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard