Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36821 01/03/07 09:50 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
oooh! you posted! smile And this is the part with the mistletoe!!! clap clap

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Merriwether
Merriwether
I think the appropriate title for this part would be Kissmas.

now for FDK

Aagh.

You had me thinking how wonderful this was and then you dropped it.

The old "Clark's nice, but I love Superman."

I say again, aagh.

(P.S. Great part)

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Becca was right. He never told anyone, it was a family secret. All anyone knew was that Lily had wanted to see her parents and that both her parents and Lily were dead now.
Oh, my. I can hardly wait to find out what the mystery is.

The children staring at him didn’t even know that it was a famous soft drinks manufacturer who had invented that outfit.
Always Coca-Cola…

But, inexplicably, she enjoyed this walk with Clark.
Well, Lois, in the words of Tempus… Well, duh…

Lois realized that she had just gotten the first present that she considered as something you should really get on Christmas. She had made a friend.
Ah, yes, the best gift of all.

She waited. Lois glanced at Clark, her cheeks still bright red. To Clark’s utter amazement Lois didn’t seem adverse to the idea of kissing him. She even leaned forward a bit.
Love this.

“Hot apple juice with cream never fails to work!”
Ooooh… I’ve got to say that I’ve never had this, and I’m not sure I want to try it… But what do I know? I don't like hot drinks...

Great part...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lovely chapter, Barbara. My absolutely, hands-down favorite part of it is this:

It was a bit like coming into a living room or - more precisely - coming into the living room of good old Auntie Elsie. There were various styles of furniture, antique sofas of all kinds and miscellaneous tables. Nothing seemed to fit together, but at the same time it was the only possible combination. In the middle of the small place was old Aunt Elsie.
Wow, Barbara, the sheer, utter magic of this! I felt aboslutely and totally as if I'd entered a magical fairy tale world, where old Auntie Elsie is the good fairy godmother.

“What’s that?” Becca asked, inhaling the scent that emanated from her cup.

“Magic potion!” Auntie Elsie whispered, mysteriously. “Try!”

Becca took a sip. The cream left white spots on her lips. Becca grinned, broadly. “Yummy!”
Of course it's a magic potion.

Clark somehow doubted that this strange woman existed outside Christmas. She was a bit like a female Santa Claus.
I'll bet!

And that whole kiss... oh, Auntie Elsie is the perfect matchmaker. She is, I think, an embodiment of the Chistmas spirit as well as of the dictates of the universe, and her mission is to bring Lois and Clark together. Wow, that kiss. Barbara, you've got to come back with more soon!

Ann

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for the nice feedback...

When I thought about a nice scene for our favorite couple, a cafe in my city came into my mind. It looked a lot like the one I described, except that it was in an old apartment on the first floor of a house. So you were really stepping into a living room. Unfortunately the house is torn down now. Really a pity.

She was a bit like Aunt Elsie, but not so magical.

As to the magic potion...I *had to* refere to Asterix wink

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! goofy

But she wasn’t going to fall for Clark Kent, she couldn’t because she had already fallen in love with Superman. When he had stopped by the day before, Lois had known it. He was drop-dead gorgeous. He was strong, and completely reliable, unlike other men she had met. And who knew when Clark was going to show his real face? Lois had realized that Clark wasn’t like other guys. He was such a caring father, it was amazing. But that didn’t mean that he was never going to hurt her. Besides, she wasn’t in love with him. Perhaps slightly attracted, but not in love.
I hate the Clark vs. Superman. :rolleyes:

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Kerth
Kerth
Just to let you know: I came, I read, I loved (it). Can't wait to find out...
- about Lily and her death
- about Lois and Clark and Becca and their future
- whether there'll be a revelation
- or a proposal? (Nah, too early...)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard