Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36731 01/02/07 04:17 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Lois and Becca - polar opposites together at Christmas? The world as we know it may end!

Clark talking to his parents was right on, as usual.
and the not-so-incipient jealousy between Becca and Lois . . . laugh

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#36732 01/02/07 08:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hehehe! The world as we know it may end! ROFL!

The most impressive about her were her lips. Lois was smiling in her sleep and her tender lips attracted his glance with a magical force. They had a soft shade of rose and Clark couldn’t help but wonder what it would feel like to touch them. He imagined the electrostatic shock between the two of them, if he should ever be allowed to kiss her. But that was just a dream, the kind that teenagers had. Clark should know better. He was grateful that they had decided to try friendship instead of fighting with each other, but he couldn’t really expect more to happen. This was all he would get, and maybe it was really better that way.
*Happy Sigh* well... sort of... LOL! I wish he'd been just a little more adventurous and tried it... Come on, Clark! Kiss her!!!!

“Good morning, Lois,” he greeted her, startled. Clark wondered how much she had heard of the conversation with his parents.

“You should be in bed!” she retorted, almost angrily.

Her brows were furrowed as she watched him in his upright position. He didn’t notice that Lois stole a glance of his bare chest, still fascinated by the firm muscles.

“Good morning, Clark,” he muttered wryly, trying to hide his real state of mind.
hehehe! smile I love it when he has to answer his own questions. Like in Tempus Fugitive - it always gets me laughing like crazy. It's just SO funny. laugh

Barbara - did I tell you that I love this story?? laugh

I know you guys are so going to love the next part! I'm all doing the happy dance thinking about it. (in my head anyway, cause my back won't move... *sigh*)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#36733 01/02/07 09:32 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! grumble

Get back here! hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#36734 01/02/07 10:10 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yeah, Lara, you did tell me, once or twice...or more often? Actually I've lost count. Thanks anyway...You're definitely keeping Becca alive. The others may tell whether that's a good thing.

Thanks for the feedback girls.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#36735 01/02/07 11:32 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Another fine part from you. And in such rapid succession... How do you do it?

“Good morning daddy. How are you?” Her voice was trembling.

Clark could tell that she was worried and afraid that what had started yesterday would last throughout this day.

“Better, honey,” he replied, comfortingly.

Becca shot him a doubtful glance.
I loved Becca acting like a little mother hen. It's adorable.

He was grateful that they had decided to try friendship instead of fighting with each other, but he couldn’t really expect more to happen. This was all he would get, and maybe it was really better that way.
Snort! As if it was really better that way...

The pan was hot and Clark almost burned himself before he took a towel to hold it.
thumbsup

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#36736 01/02/07 12:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part!

Clark looked towards Becca, who was awake as well. She was watching him, almost without blinking. Her glance didn’t leave him for a second as if she was waiting for something.
Aww… She’s so worried about her daddy.

Although he had always wanted to be a normal guy, he couldn’t help feeling sad now that he was. It was as if he had lost a vital part of himself.
You really wouldn’t want to be normal, would you, Clark?

So is it Christmas or Christmas Eve in this part?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#36737 01/02/07 01:02 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part! So, Becca is giving Lois a second chance. I hope it turns out well. hyper

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#36738 01/03/07 09:20 AM
Columnist
Columnist
just catching up. I was in Vienna for a few days.

Great story so far. Can't wait for Christmas to begin. Sounds interesting. Hope Lois finds the Christmas spirit in the House of Kent and I hope Becca finds a friend in Lois. wink

happy new year.

#36739 01/03/07 09:58 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Ohhh, Vienna. I'm jealous. Would have liked to spent New Year there as well. *Sigh*

Maybe next time. Thanks for the feedback.

And I think you'll definitely like Christmas Eve in the House of Kent wink

Btw...I know that it might be a bit confusing, since I changed the timeline. It's already Christmas Eve in that part. The morning of Christmas Eve, so to speak.

I'll post the next part tomorrow or the day after that. Depends on my beta-reader.

#36740 01/03/07 10:07 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Depends on my beta-reader.
Your beta-reader tells me to tell you she got the e-mail and is starting to look at the new part right now. smile

#36741 01/03/07 10:10 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Tell my beta-reader that I'm writing a certain scene that she's definitely going to love.... wink

#36742 01/03/07 10:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
will there be toes curling?

I'm sorry... Mellie put that idea in my head and it just won't leave!!!

#36743 01/03/07 11:08 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Hmm, in an earlier post, you claimed that Nancy put the idea in your head...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#36744 01/03/07 11:45 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sorry I'm so late with my feedback, Barbara. This was a great chapter. Well, since I always want Lois and Clark to be together - there is nothing I want more in LnC fanfic, that's for sure! - I felt so cheered up and hopeful after reading this. I know this part has already been quoted, but I'm going to quote again, all the same:

On his way through the living room, he noticed – slightly surprised – that Lois was still there. She was sleeping on his sofa, cuddled into a blanket and was a most peaceful version of herself. As she was lying there, her expression relaxed and her hair a mess, she was even more adorable than ever before. Clark couldn’t help but stop at the sight of her. She looked darn good.
Okay, maybe this part hasn't been quoted. But I simply love how Clark is looking at Lois when she is totally herself, totally unaffected, her expression relaxed and her hair a mess, and he thinks she is looking more adorable and beautiful than ever. I love it.

The most impressive about her were her lips. Lois was smiling in her sleep and her tender lips attracted his glance with a magical force. They had a soft shade of rose and Clark couldn’t help but wonder what it would feel like to touch them. He imagined the electrostatic shock between the two of them, if he should ever be allowed to kiss her. But that was just a dream, the kind that teenagers had. Clark should know better. He was grateful that they had decided to try friendship instead of fighting with each other, but he couldn’t really expect more to happen. This was all he would get, and maybe it was really better that way.
This is so beautifully written, and I totally love it. But I'm with Lara: Kiss her, Clark!

Clark noticed more than once that he used his powers more often than he thought. The pan was hot and Clark almost burned himself before he took a towel to hold it.
Well, I can just imagine the dangers that a suddenly powerless Clark could be facing in the kitchen!

Although he had always wanted to be a normal guy, he couldn’t help feeling sad now that he was. It was as if he had lost a vital part of himself. But at the same time, a strange relief was also welling up inside him. This meant that he could be free to really lead a normal life.
Interesting, Barbara. I'm one of those who think that Clark would really, really miss his powers if he lost them, even though he would of course come to terms with the loss of them and go on living as a normal guy, if he had to. Others, however, believe that Clark would just be happy to be rid of his powers, so that he could be just a regular guy.

They said good-bye to each other and Clark hung up. He sighed and turned around and flinched as he saw Lois’ face right in front of him.

“Good morning, Lois,” he greeted her, startled. Clark wondered how much she had heard of the conversation with his parents.

“You should be in bed!” she retorted, almost angrily.
Ah, so Lois!

“Good morning, Clark,” he muttered wryly, trying to hide his real state of mind. After a brief pause, he continued. “I’m feeling better, now, Lois. Thanks for your help, yesterday. Would you like to have breakfast?” Clark hoped that the prospect of food would distract her from his strange illness.

“What was that, Clark? I’ve barely seen anyone in a worse condition than you, yesterday.”
And this conversation... they are simply unable to really talk to each other. But Lois is the one who's being kept in the dark, and I always sympathize with her when that happens.

As she was speaking, Lois placed her hand on his forehead, again. She obviously noticed that his temperature was back to normal. Clark sighed inwardly. Food obviously didn’t suffice to change the topic.
But I really think she cares about him. (And she definitely noticed his chest earlier. laugh )

“Good morning, Becca. Did you sleep well?” Lois asked with a slightly insecure smile.

“Yes, Ms…” Becca started, not completely sure of the right way to address Lois.

“Call me Lois. Thank you for your help, yesterday,” Lois replied and turned to Clark. “You should thank her as well, Clark. The cold compresses were her work. Well, almost…”
But as he examined them closer, he noticed that the friendly atmosphere was a façade. They still didn’t trust each other, but had both decided to give each other a second chance.
Well, their truce is a start, anyway.

“Anybody hungry?” he asked, with his best puppy dog eyes.
rotflol

“So, you’ll stay?” Clark insisted.

He felt a flutter in his belly. Somehow, it seemed inexplicably promising to him that he would spend some time with Lois. It was unbelievable. Usually he tried to avoid being too close to her.

“I’ll stay,” she agreed.
I love it!!! And I completely love the flutter in his belly!!

Great part, Barbara!

Ann

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard