Next Thread
Print Thread
#36575 12/30/06 08:53 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! grumble

She wanted her grandparents to call her so they could tell her what she should do. Becca whispered the plea into the empty apartment, hoping for someone to fulfill her wish. Nothing happened. Maybe she had to call herself? Becca decided to wait another couple of minutes, before she would go to the phone.
What can they do? hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark Kent couldn’t let Lois see how he really felt for her. She wasn’t the kind of woman he could introduce to Becca as a potential step-mother, as much as he wished that she might be.
Oh, come on Clark. Give her another chance.

Becca had been raving about the fruit punch with cinnamon.
Ooh. Sounds good. I’ve never had cinnamon in fruit punch.

As soon as her head had touched his shoulder she had dozed off.
Awww…. Daddy’s sleepy head!

“Are we there yet?” she asked, drowsily as she lifted her head.
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

“Go inside, honey. I’ll be back in a few minutes. Lock the door behind you. Don’t open it to anyone but me and stay inside,” Clark said and headed in the direction where he heard the screams coming from.
Clark needs a nanny… Or a Lois… a particular Lois.

He only saw its shade
Do you mean shape? Or shadow?

It was no use to stay hidden. He didn’t change into Superman, because that would only increase the possibility that someone saw him.
What’s wrong with folks seeing Superman?

For some strange reason, Clark’s headache increased with every step he took. The pain spread from his head through his body, taking possession of his arms and legs.
Oh, my!

How long had he been lying in this alley?
Oh, I hope not too long. Oh, my goodness. I do hope you tell us how long!

Becca sat on the sofa in the living room and stared at the door, intensely. She mumbled incoherent words, which mostly consisted of ‘daddy’ and ‘come back’.
Oh, poor Becca!!

the wolf and the seven little goats
Don’t think I’ve heard this one. Sounds interesting.

“Daddy!” she whimpered.

“I’m okay, honey!” he managed to say.
No, he’s not!!

More soon!! You had me biting my fingernails again...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
What’s wrong with folks seeing Superman?
Let's say there's something wrong with folks seeing Clark change into Superman.

Do you mean shape? Or shadow?
Oh my! You should think that I'd stop making that mistake, some day.

the wolf and the seven little goats
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t think I’ve heard this one. Sounds interesting.
It's about Mama goat leaving her seven children alone. She tells them not to open the door to strangers. And then the big bad wolf comes and tries to fool the little goats. He finnally leads tehm to believe that Mama goat has returned. They open the door and six of them are eaten by the wolf. The smallest goat can hide in the clock and survives to tell Mama goat what has happened to her children. And of course all six are saved in the end.

Thanks for the feedback

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Let's say there's something wrong with folks seeing Clark change into Superman.
Oh, I see what you mean.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
As usual, your story captivated me. I loved every bit of it. Most of all, I liked the reference to the seven little goats. It was one of my very favourite fairy tales when I was sweet, innocent, and little.

Christmas was on Sunday and Clark still had only a vague idea of what he was going to offer Becca as a Christmas present. He didn’t even know what he would give his parents. Christmas always came too soon. He had only two days left to think about the problem, less actually, because he needed to know before they flew to Smallville.
Poor Clark! What to get for a seven-year-old who he calls his daughter? It can't be that difficult, lunkhead!

They looked up, but only briefly. Afterwards they continued their fight, bickered with each other and battered their adversary.
Was this fight just a set-up to goad Superman into action, in order to test the kryptonite on him?

Clark tried to fly; he didn’t even care if someone was watching. But it was to no avail. He was grounded.
Adding another meaning to the term 'grounded'. smile

Daddy had told her to stay inside and she had heard enough about the wolf and the seven little goats to take this advice seriously.
Poor girl! And no siblings to be 'eaten' in her stead. Don't you have a nice, big grandfather clock to hide in? wink

“Daddy!” she whimpered.

“I’m okay, honey!” he managed to say.
Groan! I'll proclaim you the Queen of Cliffhangers if you continue like that. I'm still hanging there, my feet dangling in thin air, so come back soon! (Right now would be perfect.)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Becca sat on the sofa in the living room and stared at the door, intensely. She mumbled incoherent words, which mostly consisted of ‘daddy’ and ‘come back’.
This part is so heart wrenching. Poor little sweetie!!!

I love how well you describe Becca's feelings of fear and hope for her dad to come back. It's just perfect!!

From Nancy's feedback:
Clark needs a nanny… Or a Lois… a particular Lois.
Yep, I second that. Clark needs a Lois. hehehe! laugh And BEcca does too, but she doesn't really know it yet. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard