Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36495 12/28/06 09:27 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I just saw that you posted the seventh part, and I still didn't know the sixth! Your writing was great. I pretty much like the way you manage to merge your story with canon, the caring father with the 'relationship' between Lois and Clark/Superman.

Can't wait for the rest of the story.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#36496 12/28/06 10:49 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I very much like this chapter, Barbara!

So if neither of them had any interest in a relationship, why should he bother? Except, he liked her and the more he knew of her, the stronger the attraction became. Clark dreamt of her almost every night. When he didn’t, it was because he was too tired to dream or because Becca kicked him in the side.
I just adore this!! clap

Clark could use his powers and was really able to help. He didn’t need to be afraid that anyone would see him doing those things. Superman could just do them. He had set Clark Kent free.
Love the observation that Superman had set Clark free.

She was the first living being that had ever seen Superman; she had been in two burning buildings in only four days and the rumor was that Lois had been the target of both arsons. It was silly and Lois new better, but landlords all over Metropolis believed it and were afraid that their houses would be the next to burn down.
Ouch! I can see that it would be hard for Lois to get herself an apartment!

Lois owed him her life. She felt a special bond towards him that she couldn’t quite explain. It was strange. There was attraction and curiosity but also something else. Lois couldn’t name it - she wasn’t even sure it really was anything. It was too complicated to think about. At least Superman wasn’t dangerous territory…unlike Clark Kent.
I love how Lois thinks of the attraction she doesn't understand, and which she feels for a man she doesn't know... Clark Superman Kent.

Lois sighed and looked out the window, into the darkness of the night. What she saw made her gasp. *He* was hovering in front of her window. Superman! Lois couldn’t believe it. That was impossible. She had been trying to get to him for almost three weeks, and now he was just in front of her window as if it was a natural thing to do. When he realized that she had seen him, his face turned dark red. Superman blushed? That seemed even more unrealistic. Lois was afraid that he might leave right this moment.
Love it! And I totally adore how Superman blushes!

“Wait!” she shouted.

Would he hear her? The window had glass with noise insulation.
No, she wouldn't know about his superhearing, would she?

Lois’ heart sank. She rushed over to the window. How could she keep him from flying away?
I can feel Lois's utter frustration and her feeling that something wonderful is about to slip from her hands. Great writing!

Superman didn’t doubt that he was right. He looked amazing from such a close distance. The fabric of his suit didn’t leave much to imagination. The muscles in his arms were just breathtaking. His pectorals were firm.
Please forgive me for my salacious imagination, and in return I'll try to remember that this is the PG folder.... But, I must say, I've always found it strange that that suit of his could reveal so much of his pectorals, but so little or nothing of, uh, more protruding parts of his anatomy. Ah, well. Don't mind me.

“Thank you for saving me,” Lois replied. It was a start, at least.

“You’re welcome, Lois.”

His warm voice sent a pleasant shiver down her spine. He was so gentle…how could a man with such strength be so gentle?
I love her pleasant shiver down her spine. laugh

Ah, well! What a nice chapter! Please come back with more soon, Barbara.

Ann

#36497 12/28/06 11:44 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup Maybe Lois can find an apartment in Clark's building?

“Can you tell me one thing? Did you save me from the first fire?”

“No, Lois, it was not me,” he answered and then turned towards the window again. “Good night,” he said softly and took off into the dark sky.

Her gaze followed him until he was out of sight.
He lie! eek

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#36498 12/28/06 05:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Uhh, Uhh, Lara get through with it, soon.
I'm trying, I'm trying! frown

From Ann's feedback -
Please forgive me for my salacious imagination, and in return I'll try to remember that this is the PG folder.... But, I must say, I've always found it strange that that suit of his could reveal so much of his pectorals, but so little or nothing of, uh, more protruding parts of his anatomy. Ah, well. Don't mind me.
Girl... you so totally crack me up!

But I have to say... seriously... I have pics where said protruding parts are quite visible and, trust me, it's the first place I looked... In fact I had an image like that which I had to "photoshop" because I wanted to use it as my wallpaper on my computer and the protruding parts were SO distracting I could never have gotten any work done if I hadn't retouched the photo. Needless to say, I spent the whole entire time working on the image blushing like an idiot, cause... well... I was touching him in those places! gah!! That's so much worse than trying to write a little innocent kiss. wink

And...in my opinion, the pectorals are hidden by the super huge S on his chest anyway...

Clark could use his powers and was really able to help. He didn’t need to be afraid that anyone would see him doing those things. Superman could just do them. He had set Clark Kent free.
Like Ann said.... I love this one. smile It's very poetic - and it's also very true.

At least Superman wasn’t dangerous territory…unlike Clark Kent.
Oh, the irony! wink

“No, Lois, it was not me,” he answered and then turned towards the window again.
tsk, tsk! Clark, how dare you lie to her? It was you... only it wasn't Superman-you.. it was just-Clark-you.

LOL!

smile I love this story! Did you know? Really!! I love it!!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#36499 12/29/06 02:06 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“No, Lois, it was not me,” he answered and then turned towards the window again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tsk, tsk! Clark, how dare you lie to her? It was you... only it wasn't Superman-you.. it was just-Clark-you.
Clark could hardly tell her, could he? If it had really been Superman who had saved Lois, I don't think this would have stayed a secret.
Technically, Clark is lying of course. But on the other hand, he's another guy now. Somehow Clark and Superman are really two persons, though they share the same body. They are treated differently.

Thanks for the feedback, girls!!!!

I appreciate that. laugh

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#36500 12/29/06 12:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry it took me so long and sorry I don't have time for more feedback this time, but this was a great part.

It was almost three weeks ago that he had done his first rescue and by now he had about a hundred fan clubs all over the world
Hehehe…

“Can you tell me one thing? Did you save me from the first fire?”

“No, Lois, it was not me,” he answered and then turned towards the window again. “Good night,” he said softly and took off into the dark sky.
Oh, Supes… Why didn’t you tell her the truth.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard