Next Thread
Print Thread
#36367 12/23/06 08:05 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Haha! She thought she could humiliate him with the spicy food, eh? :p

Nice chapter!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Kerth
Kerth
Wonderful ending! thumbsup

Of course, the rest was far from bad, either. But it's still overshadowed by the brilliant finish.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
This Lois may be a great reporter, but I'm looking forward to seeing her get taken down a peg. She's pretty full of herself. Just because she's a great reporter doesn't give her the right to treat another reporter -- one that she knows nothing about -- like dirt -- especially when she's the new hire and he's been there for a while. The Daily Planet isn't a great newspaper because it hires incompetents (excluding Ralph, of course). If he were being nasty or acting like a jerk it would be one thing, but he's been nothing but courteous. I think Lois needs to learn a few manners.

And I liked that ending. laugh

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Did you get lost?” she greeted him, icily. “Your desk is normally over there.”
Oh, my, she is snippy, isn’t she? Snipy, too.

“Oh, so you did need me to tell you where to go.”
Oooohhh….

“Why don’t you have Perry’s people call my people,” she finally decided.

“Excuse me?” he seemed confused.

“I realize you’re probably used to writing with a fourth-grade vocabulary, so I’ll limit myself to the smaller words.”
Oh, now she’s just being a b****. For Pete’s sake, lighten up, Lois. You really don’t wanna make this guy mad at you. He could ruin your potential career.

It was kind of amusing to see him stand and blink that way. His slow male brain was obviously still processing what she’d said. Blink. Blink. Input. Input.
Oh, wow, this woman is man hater to the max. Clark is going to be hard pressed for her to ever see him as anything more than ‘just a man’.

“All right, I didn’t think that office politics would get in the way of a little interview. But if you prefer, I’ll go through channels.”
And he’s still being nice ! And I bet Perry is also Glen’s boss.

It was all arranged. Perry was a little put out that she wasn’t a team player,
I’ll say. Might have just blown your chance, Lois.

but Clark had been quick to point out that it was probably necessary to go through channels at her last workplace and she was probably just trying to keep her backside covered.
But yet again… Clark to the rescue.

And so it fell to Glen to invite the charming Miss Lane to lunch.

It was a wonderful life.
Poor Glen. I sure would have liked to hear what she said to him… Or at least what she wanted to say.

He blinked again, that slow male brain needing a little more RAM to keep up with her.
Cute… RAM indeed.

She had made sure that ‘Mr. Ham-and-Cheese-on-Rye’ had ordered one of the spiciest dishes on the menu. He took a bite. She counted three for the full flavor to permeate his senses. She had expected him to change colors, at the very least, but she was hoping for a good show of spitting and puffing.
Mean…

Instead, he merely raised an eyebrow.

“Interesting,” was his mild-mannered reply. “It has more flavor than I expected, not just spice.” His smile reached to his eyes. “I like it. Thanks for bringing me here, Lois.”
Gotcha, Lois.

I really like this story, but this Lois is absolutely the meanest one I’ve ever seen. Like Nan said, I'm looking forward to seeing Lois taken down a peg or few. She may have worked as a reporter all over the world, but Clark Kent works as one of the best reporters at the greatest newspaper in the world. Who does she think she is?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Wow, Lois is a witch. And Clark is just eating it up. Not sure if that is bad or good.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Merriwether
Merriwether
This chapter is my most favourite so far. I guess because I hop up and down for this sort of 'play' the most laugh

I enjoyed the back and forth between Lois and Clark (I guess as stated above). Boy is Lois snappy! I loved how she hit him w/ how she's the best reporter bit. Cool.

My favourite section so far starts with "“Where would you like to go for lunch?” and ends with "“Interesting,” was his mild-mannered reply. “It has more flavor than I expected, not just spice.” His smile reached to his eyes. “I like it. Thanks for bringing me here, Lois.”

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard