Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Chris, you should know my mantra by now - I have so little time, remember? But I'm so glad to see you back with this! Really!

I loved that Lois and Clark became lovers in the previous chapter, and I was so glad that there was an nfic version, too. Now, I was so glad to see how sweetly you portrayed them as new lovers.
Clark looked at Lois lying peacefully in his arms with LabRat cuddled alongside of her. How he wished they had not made plans for this evening! He leaned down and kissed Lois’ cheek, whispering, “Honey, time to get ready for dinner. We’re already late.”

Lois opened her eyes, feeling as if she was still in the midst of a heavenly dream. She had been making love to the most handsome man in the world, who had made her feel like royalty. Could it have been real? As her eyes focused, she found herself staring at the very same man in her dreams. His eyes seemed to reflect love back at her. LabRat jumped up when he saw his mistress stirring and before she had time to dodge him, he licked her face! That brought her to reality quickly. They were late for dinner at James and Lucy’s!
Aaaawwwww.... You put such a big, big smile on my face!

“Omigod! Clark! We’re so late! Lucy’s going to kill me, and this isn’t a very good first impression for me to make with James either!” Lois shrieked, staring at the clock. “I knew we shouldn’t have … I mean, it was wonderful… but…as usual, the timing was off…but it was really … wow….” Lois trailed off with a faraway look on her face.

Clark smiled broadly. “It was *so* great, Lois… if we were never together again, it would be the best memory I’ve ever had.”

Lois blushed a bit. “You’re so sweet, Clark. I feel the same way. I thank heaven that my first time was with you.”
*happy sigh*

Out of habit, Lois closed the door for privacy so she could undress, and headed into the shower. LabRat padded over to the foot of the bathroom door entrance and lay down in front of it, anxiously waiting for Lois to reappear.

Clark smiled. “You’re *her* dog, aren’t you?” he said to LabRat. “Hey, I don’t blame you. I’m definitely “her” human.”
Clark is Lois's human!!!! I love it!!! thumbsup

“Ah, yes, you do have quite the playboy reputation, Mr. Wayne,” Clark whispered back.

“Call me Bruce, please. And I hope that I can call you Clark.”

“Of course, Bruce. And, well, I’ll let Lois answer that question. Far be it for me to speak on her behalf when it comes to love and romance. Lois, are you ‘off limits’?”

Lois was blushing wildly. Two handsome, prominent men – wanting to date *her*? She felt like she was in the twilight zone or something.

“Actually, Bruce – Clark and I are becoming quite close. So, yes, I would say that I’m ‘off limits’. But I’m extremely flattered that you asked.”
Adorable!!!

“Hello again, Lois,” Vickie purred as she slithered up to Bruce. “Hello, Mr. Kent.”

“Ms. Vale,” Clark replied. “Lois, may I see you privately?”

“Of course, Clark,” Lois replied, grateful for the save.
Gaaahh, what a woman. I mean Vicki Vale, of course. She didn't like the fact that Bruce was charmed by Lois. She "slithered" up to Bruce... I'm shuddering!

“We have to get James and Lucy alone to ask them about taking LabRat,” Clark said, after they had retreated to a private corner of the large parlor. “Plus, I wanted to give you this.” His lips pressed gently to hers. “I didn’t like seeing you talking to Bruce Wayne. You can’t believe how jealous that made me feel,” he admitted.
"Plus, I wanted to give you this," and then he kissed her... oh, I loved it! (And that confession of jealousy wasn't bad, either!)

“Smallville, don’t worry,” Lois whispered, kissing him back. “There’s no way Bruce Wayne could ever be the hero that you are, both to me personally and to the rest of the world. But I really got a vibe that there’s a lot more to him than meets the eye. When I asked him about Batman, I got a sense that he knows who he is.”
Lois, you are probably underestimating Batman a little, even though I agree with you that Batman isn't quite the hero that Superman is.

As they approached the newlywed couple, James called out, “Hey you two! I hope you don’t mind that this was not as…. intimate… a dinner as you might have thought it would be.”
Innuendo... innuendo....

“Of course not, James. We apologize again for arriving late,” Clark replied, with a sly grin.

“You two are really a couple now, huh? I can see it in your eyes… way to go, guy!” James said, patting Clark on the back. “I know how much you wanted this.”

“Hey, can we talk to the two of you privately for a couple of minutes?” Lois interjected, blushing from overhearing the conversation of the two men.
I like the fact that she is blushing.

And Lucy and James agree to take care of LabRat.

Great chapter, Chris! I simply loved the sweetness and the WAFF in it! thumbsup clap

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Nice chapter!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Yes! thumbsup

The two men shared an extremely firm hand shake. “Clark Superman Kent. The pleasure is all mine, I can assure you.” Leaning over to whisper in Clark’s ear, he continued, “I see that you and Ms. Lane are close. Is she off limits?”

“Ah, yes, you do have quite the playboy reputation, Mr. Wayne,” Clark whispered back.

“Call me Bruce, please. And I hope that I can call you Clark.”

“Of course, Bruce. And, well, I’ll let Lois answer that question. Far be it for me to speak on her behalf when it comes to love and romance. Lois, are you ‘off limits’?”
Bruce Wayne hitting on Lois! eek

Lois began, blurting it out at top speed.“We kidnapped a dog that was being used for illegal experiments involving Kryptonite. We believe that the Luthor Corp plant in Smallville, Kansas is growing fertilizer laced with Kryptonite. It may ultimately cause bizarre side effects and also be a weapon of destruction. We were hoping that we could hide the dog here, in your back yard,” Lois said, finally taking a breather from her babbling. “This could be a really huge scoop. We named the dog LabRat and he’s a beautiful Golden Retriever. He’s in our apartment right now. What do you say?”

James looked at Lucy. “Sweetheart, do you like dogs?”

Lucy smiled back. “Yes, yes I do. Especially golden ones.”
Especially golden ones. :rolleyes:

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally!!! More fic!! hyper

This is the second LnC/Batman crossover I've read that has him paired with Vikki Vale. I think I understand the logic behind it, but it's interesting sice I never came across many Bruce/Vikki pairings before this fandom. FoLCs must have a built-in hero/reporter fetish. wink

This is great, and I am looking forward to---well, everything, really. laugh

Magnificent!
notworthy notworthy notworthy

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LabRat swung his head around as if in agreement with him.
Awww… I could just see the look on LabRat’s face.
James Olsen’s primary residence was located on the prestigious West River of Metropolis Bay.
You mean it was right on the river? Was it a boat? Or did you mean it was on an island.

I loved that you named the twife Teri.

The rest of the evening was spent in talking to ‘everyone who was anyone’ in Metropolis.
Did all these people see that banner that said: “Welcome back Lois – thank God we don’t have to look at Clark’s sad face anymore”! Did everybody know that Clark had always mooned over Lois?

I like Chloe!

Does Clark know about Bruce’s past time?

By the way, I just love this fic, and I’m glad you’re back. This just makes me smile so big and I really needed that right now.

This is the second LnC/Batman crossover I've read that has him paired with Vikki Vale. I think I understand the logic behind it, but it's interesting sice I never came across many Bruce/Vikki pairings before this fandom. FoLCs must have a built-in hero/reporter fetish.
Must be a comic book thing. The Flash’s wife (or one of the Flash’s) was a reporter, too.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well in the old Batman comic books, Vickie Vale was Bruce Wayne's girlfriend. And in the very first Michael Keaton Batman movie, Vickie Vale was played by Kim Basinger. So they have a comics and movie history together!

As for Kryptonite - I think it's capitalized because it's a piece of a planet.... which would be capitalized.

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Can't help giving a small lesson on the importance of Lois Lane for comic book heroines.

Lois made her debut in Action Comics #1 back in 1938, the same comic book that saw the debut of Superman. Lois made a big impression on a lot of people, and when other comic books tried to come up with their own heroines, they ripped off Lois in various ways. Consider:

Lois has this allitteration, double-l name. Lois Lane. Also note that she has a two-syllable first name and a one-syllable last name. We may note that the vowels of her first name are an 'o' and an 'i', while the vowel of her last name is an 'a'. Note the 'n' and the 's' consonants, too, as well as the is-ending of her first name. As we all know, Lois works as a reporter.

Now consider:

Lana Lang. She has an allitteration, double-l name. She has a two-syllable first name and a one-syllable last name. The vowel of her last name in an 'a', and "Lang" is really quite similar to "Lane". Also note the similarity between 'Lana' and 'Lane'.

Lori Lemaris. She has an allitteration, double-l name. Her first name has two syllables, and its vowels are 'o' and 'i'. Note the similarity between 'Lori' and 'Lois'. Please note that Lori's last name, Lemaris, ends with an '-is'.

Vicki Vale. She has an allitteration kind of name, where both her first name and her last name begin on the same vowel. She has a two-syllable first name and a one-syllable last name. The second vowel of her first name is an 'i'. The vowel of her last name is an 'a'. Note the 'l' in 'Vale'. Note the similarity between 'Vale' and 'Lane'. Coincidentally(?), Vicki Vale is a reporter.

Iris Allen. She doesn't have a real allitteration kind of name, but the vowels at the beginning of her first name and her last name sound sufficiently similar that I believe you may call them an example of assonance. Iris Allen has a two-syllable first name. Note that it ends with a an '-is', and please note the similarity between 'Lois' and 'Iris'. Please note the 'l' and the 'n' in Iris Allen's last name. Coincidentally(?), Iris Allen worked as a reporter.

So is Lois Lane an overwhelmingly important model for what a comic book heroine should be like, or is she not?

EDIT: Let's not forget Pete Parker's Mary Jane! I don't know what her last name is (or used to be before she married Peter - I was never a Spiderman fan) but does 'Mary Jane' rhyme with 'Lois Lane', or what?

Ann

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Good part. Still reading and enjoying. wink

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks everyone....feedback is certainly the best motivator to keep writing.

I don't have a lot going on this week in the evening, so hopefully I can crank out Chapter 20 soon....

Thanks Again everyone!

Chris

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Originally she was Mary Jane Watson.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Get back here soon with more of your story...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Happy New Year's everyone! Part 20 will be up VERY shortly. Thanks for your patience with me!

Chris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard