Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Elisabeth,

I enjoyed Lex's thoughts - very in character - and I *loved* Mary's thoughts. Well done in both cases. The obvious contrast in values of the two characters regarding the meaning of Christmas brings Lex's shallowness into sharp relief.

Lisa

P.S. I think Lex's last name is actually spelled Luthor.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok... I'm a very big "non-fan" of Lex (lol! I mean, I hate the guy) but I couldn't resists reading a Christmas story even if it's all about him.

You've done a wonderful job of describing the man - it's just so him. And this is so well written, too! I'm impressed. smile

Well done!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I’m curious as to why you are using another site’s rating system.

“I find that dwelling on the negative does nothing for progress or satisfaction,” Lex instructed her. “Wouldn’t you agree?”
Now, if I could just learn to quit dwelling on it…

Wonderful story, Elisabeth. I so love the way you expressed Mary's feelings. It reminds me of the song, "Mary, Did you know?"

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Very nice, Elisabeth. I enjoyed this thoroughly! I was extremely pregnant at Christmas time nine years ago, and it gave me new sympathy for Mary and how utterly miserable she must have been on that journey. You capture that beautifully, as well as her fears and, ultimately, the faith that sustains her.

And of course, that faith is the one thing Lex doesn't have, which makes him a wonderful choice for contrast. Lex only trusts what he can control, and you make us see that he is all image and no substance - truly an "empty" life he's built.

Finally, thank you for the reminder that we should not be so busy with the birthday party that we forget the guest of honor. smile

I wish you and your family a very blessed Christmas.

Caroline

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I’m curious as to why you are using another site’s rating system.
After the MPAA rating crackdown which was discussed on this and other boards last year, I think we should all be moving to the new rating system. I like this board too much to allow it to get sued. (Even though I don't know of any actual lawsuits, but only threats.)

Just to sum up, the MPAA has trademarked the system which rates G, PG, PG-13, NC-17, and X. It has sent out cease and disist (is that spelled right?) letters to both authors and websites warning of impending lawsuits if they do not change over to a different rating system. They actually have a great leg to stand on, since they haven't reviewed any fanfics and since they own the trademarks.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting. Wonder why it hasn't been changed? (But if they change it, I hope they don't start using fanfiction.net's rating system. I don't particularly care for it. I find it a tad bit too complicated. It could be simplified - a lot.)

Did you post the right site? All I saw was a lot about HTTP protocol.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fixed.

James, da hubby, who is planning on using something else, unless an official word is given...

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard