Before I start this post I need to apologize. So imagine a blonde, blue eyed girl in her early twenties kneeling in front of you all. grovel grovel grovel
I can't post this very frequently and the only reason why I already start posting now is that I don't want all the christmas spirit to vanish before you even could read the first part. Maybe it was a mistake to set this up in early December. I really hope that I can post the christmas parts before it's getting easter in the real world. blush Okay, maybe it's not that bad. I will at least post weekly - big promise.

This is part of a series and it would be better to read the previous parts. You can find them here .

This is a Pilot rewrite where Clark has a daughter. Due to my objections towards real elseworld stories she is not his biological child.

Disclaimer: This characters don't belong to me, I only use them for fun.

Feedback is welcome. So please review. I don't bite anyone but cookies wink

Thanks to my wonderful beta-reader LaraMoon, who lightened up my mood in hours of darkness.

After such a long rambling, I'll make it short.

Enjoy!

Seeking Heroes

Cozy was the word that described it best. There was a bunch of smooth pillows around him and underneath his fingers he found velvet skin. Heaven couldn’t be better. Soft lips touched his and trailed across his face. Above these incredible lips there were a beautiful nose and eyes like dark honey. Looking into them was amazingly sweet, but even better was the glance they returned. They were admiring and loving. They virtually caressed every inch of him without having to touch. Dark strands of hair were tickling his chest. For the first time, the face of the woman he encountered in his dreams belonged to a real person. If he hadn’t been dreaming, Clark would have denied that he wished Lois would be so nice to him in real life.

The sweet dream was interrupted by the ear-shattering tone of his alarm-clock. Clark groaned, and involuntarily stretched his arm into the direction of that annoying sound. The alarm was immediately gone but replaced by the sound of breaking plastic. He groaned again. It was the third alarm-clock in the last four weeks. Unwillingly, he opened one eye and then the other. It was still pitch dark. Clark sighed and rose from bed. He stepped out of his bedroom and over to the kitchen. As silently as possible, he started preparing breakfast in order to grant Becca a few more minutes of sleep.

When he was finished, Clark climbed up the stairs. He heard Becca’s steady breathing and followed the sound. She was cuddled up in her covers and looked so peaceful that Clark sincerely regretted having to wake her up. He sat down beside her and bent down to place a kiss on her forehead.

“Only five more minutes, daddy,” she muttered drowsily. Clark lit the lamp on her nightstand.

“Come on sleepyhead, get out of bed. It’s not going to be easier in five minutes,” he said softly. “And just to remind you: don’t call me daddy, Rebecca.” He started their game to cheer her up.

“Okay, daddy,” she replied lamely and sat up. Clark wrapped his arms around her.

“What’s the matter, honey? Did you have a bad dream?” he asked gently, trying to distract her.

“Can’t remember,” she said and leaned in his embrace.

“Are you afraid of your first day?” Clark wanted to know as he heard her heart beating rapidly. Becca nodded and pressed herself even tighter against Clark. “It’s going to be okay, honey.” His soothing tone seemed to calm her down a bit. “I was afraid as well when I went to school for the first time.”

“You were?” she asked, surprised. “I never saw you being afraid, daddy.” Becca looked up to him with dark brown eyes.

“Oh, pumpkin!” Clark chuckled. “Your grandpa often advised me to be careful not to tell others about myself. When I first went to school, I didn’t exactly have many of my powers, but I was stronger than average. Considerably stronger! Who else was able to lift a fridge? Not even my dad. So there was something strange about me. I was scared to death that I might possibly hurt someone by accident. Or that I’d lift something that I wasn’t supposed to be able to lift. I didn’t have much experience with what a six year old boy should be able to do. And your mommy couldn’t help me either, because she wasn’t allowed to know. My parents were afraid that she would tell someone.”

“So you were afraid then. But there isn’t anything you fear now, is there?” Becca dug further.

“Becky, honey, of course there is. I’m afraid of disappointing you; of making mistakes. I’m afraid of someone finding out about me. The list is endless. Being a grown-up doesn’t mean that nothing is able to scare you anymore.” Clark placed a kiss on Becca’s dark curly hair.

“So, you’re just a big coward, huh?”

“Be careful, little lady. Else I might be too afraid to come along with you to school,” he teased her. “Come out of that bed, now, breakfast is ready.” Clark got up from the bed allowing Becca to get out of it. Clark looked around her room. Becca had stored all her things, but it still looked awfully bare. He would have to do something about that. It was the first room of her own she ever had and since it wasn’t really huge, he wanted it to be comfortable at least. He would think about that problem as soon as possible. There were still three weeks to Christmas and hopefully he would get a paycheck before that.

Clark walked down the stairs with Becca behind him. She yawned accusingly, indicating that she wasn’t happy about having to get up so early. Clark ignored that comment. It wouldn’t get him anywhere to try and comfort Becca now. She was far too talented at starting arguments. She would distract him completely. Becca could even make him forget about wanting to send her to school. Clark didn’t want to risk that. He didn’t envy the guys that would fall for her in several years. She had powers like a strong drug and was irrevocably addictive from the moment you met her. Ever since Lily had placed the tiny body of the sweetest baby on earth in his arms, Clark had been committed to Becca and would remain until the end of days. He hadn’t been able to say no as Lily had asked him to confirm his parenthood to the authorities. His struggle had been weak and the battle had been lost before it had even started.

As soon as they came into the kitchen, Becca sat down at the table and Clark placed her breakfast in front of her. Becca winced for some reason and Clark watched her worriedly. But she started eating as if nothing had happened. She didn’t speak much and Clark blamed it on her nervousness.

“I’m sure you’re gonna meet a lot of nice kids,” he said.

“Am I allowed to bring them home with me?” Becca asked.

“Why not, honey. You could invite them on weekends,” Clark replied and waited a couple of seconds to continue. “I’ll pick you up at day care this afternoon. We will fly over to Smallville this evening. Your grandparents are leaving Metropolis shortly after we all accompany you to school.”

“Smallville?” Becca was surprised.

“Yeah. I think I found a way to be able to help and to lead a normal life with you at the same time. I need a disguise, so that no one will recognize me as Clark Kent,” Clark explained.

“Just like Halloween!” Becca said excitedly. Her cheeks blushed. “But you’re not going to wear an ugly monster mask, are you?” she mumbled.

“Sure!” Clark grinned at her. “A dark green one - with *large* yellow teeth. The eyes will be bright red and the expression is going to freeze your blood in your veins the instant you look at it. I always dreamt of something like this.”

“Daddy, you’re making fun of me,” Becca complained.

“Guilty, your honor!” Clark laughed. “Are you finished?” he asked and removed the dishes from the table as she nodded. “Go and get dressed, then.” After he had cleaned up, Clark spun into a dark grey suit and searched for the school stuff he had bought for Becca a few weeks ago.

to be continued...

It's never too dark to be cool. cool