Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36075 12/16/06 02:17 PM
Nan Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Poor Clark. Man, did he ever make a bad impression. He's going to have a long way to go to regain the ground that he doesn't even know he lost!

Keep it coming, Elisabeth.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Nan:
Poor Clark. Man, did he ever make a bad impression. He's going to have a long way to go to regain the ground that he doesn't even know he lost!

Keep it coming, Elisabeth.

Nan
Nan, you don't even know the half of it. This Lois could give lessons at pig-headedness at swine lot.

Thankfully, this Clark is oh so much more patient...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She barely had time to chew her first bite when ‘The Face’ approached.
I love this. That’s better than the ‘Ken doll’. Oh, and what a face it is.

It was a line, and a bad one. A man didn’t stand slack-jawed and just forget about it. She would bet and win that he had filed her away in the mental file folder which men keep of interesting women they want to fantasize about later, but never truly intend to get to know. The fact that he was greeting her now meant that he wanted to do more than fantasize, and she would be darned if she was going to participate.
Oh, this is so Lois.

She thought about sticking her half-eaten pickle into his outstretched hand, just to get his goat, but she was really hungry and wasn’t sure if she wanted to forfeit the pickle. Besides, she hadn’t seen him wash his hands before he sat down, and there was no telling where he’d been.
Funny… But you don’t want to do that, Lois. Especially since you want to be a reporter, too.

“Lois is beautiful… focused… striking… determined… and fascinating, and we’ve had lunch together for the last two days, but I’m still just beginning to get to know her,”
Well, Clark sure has a different idea than Lois does about lunch, doesn’t he?

By the way, is he Superman yet?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sorry for quoting what has already been said in this thread, but Nan put it so perfectly!

Elisabeth, I loved the spunky Lois you showed us in part one and two of your story, but now... your Lois is very funny and charming in her optimism and determination, but still....

After a minute he thrust his hand across the table, reaching for a handshake. “I’m sorry, I forgot my manners. I’m Clark Kent. I work as a reporter here. It’s nice to meet you.”

She thought about sticking her half-eaten pickle into his outstretched hand, just to get his goat, but she was really hungry and wasn’t sure if she wanted to forfeit the pickle. Besides, she hadn’t seen him wash his hands before he sat down, and there was no telling where he’d been.

She shrugged. “Kent. Reporter. Got it. Was there anything else you wanted?”
C'mon, Lois! This is Clark. Clark. Your soulmate. The man the stars have chosen for you.

No? You still won't take his hand? Not introduce yourself? Sometimes, girl, you irritate me!

Well, sigh. It's good to know that you are a very patient man, Clark, because I think you are going to need it.

Ann

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
‘The Face’
That's great.

This Lois' take-no-prisoners attitude is even more pronounced than usual. I knew this would be fun!

She shrugged. “Kent. Reporter. Got it. Was there anything else you wanted?”

He grinned. “No, just enjoying my meal.”
He grinned. Good. Based on his initial reaction, I was afraid he was going to be intimidated by her. This gives me hope that that won't be the case.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I've been meaning to respond to Classicalla's question all this time, but with all there is to do it hasn't been done, yet.
By the way, is he Superman yet?
I'm going to hem and haw a little bit since this is answered better in the to-be-continued part, but let me give you a really big hint--Does Clark Kent have to become Superman in every world? Aren't there other ways?

I had meant to post the next installment tonight, but I spent all my feel-good time responding to other people's fics. Then the internet lost my response. So now, I'm really feeling ill. I promise I will come back when the chills go away, my voice comes back and I'm ready to retire my hanky.

Elisabeth
/who huddles under her blanket and thinks about coming back soon and not being a jerk

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard