Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Smirky, I just love this:

He knew Lois must be feeling the same way, if not worse. She had never taken a sick day in her life, if the rumors at the office were true (not counting days she didn’t come in due to kidnapping, hostage situations, or other such usual events), and here she was going on her third day without any real work except to take care of a helpless (in her mind) man. Considering that he had spent most of the time sleeping, she must be going crazy.
Lois watched Superman as he settled down at the couch with a sigh. She had no doubt that the man was going crazy. Did a superhero ever get a day off? No holidays, no weekends…accidents just didn’t get put on hold. No doubt he was always getting interrupted in his “normal” life—that he always had something to do, and no time to rest. He couldn’t be use to this, especially having to be taken care of. If anyone was independent, it was Superman—the man of steel.
Lovely! Both Lois and Clark think that the other one must be going crazy!

And I completely love this:

Though she seemed strangely content, cleaning and tidying and fussing over him. She would make a great mother, Clark mused, no matter how much she protested the fact and worked to protect her mad-dog front.
That's so true! thumbsup thumbsup

Ann

Header of post edited by admin to indicate this is a feedback thread.

Merriwether
Merriwether
OOPS! No FDK or Comments in the subject line there TOC - or do you have a need subject line brewing for us? I'm not good at those.

EDIT - Nevermind. It has changed in the last ten minutes or so.

What on earth is Clark doing! Why didn't the lunkhead tell her. She is going to be running around for no good reason. Then again, perhaps he has this idea that her knowing won't really help the immediate situation. What is he going to do? Walk on over to the Planet and have Clark just mysteriously show up back at work? Maybe he will use this quiet time to phone his parents, but then wouldn't Lois notice this on her phone bill? Well if that were to happen hopefully he would have told her his secret by then. You can see I have all this stuff just vooming around in my head. I'm anticipating the next part you know!

During this the past few chapters while they have been hiding away in Lois' apartment I have been deathly afraid of them using the phone. I keep having this feeling that it is tapped. Oh I hope I am wrong!

The two of them were just alike, Clark thought. Both with secret identities. And here they both were together, only Lois was showing her real side, and Clark…well, it was Superman that was there, not Clark Kent. Not in Lois’s mind.
I like that smile goofy

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, come on! Clark needs to fess up. I'm over him! wallbash

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Eeep! I've been so busy that I think you posted 18 & 19 before I could offer fdk.

I'm still reading, and still loving.

And now I'm scared... again...

It's the first time that Lois has gone off and left Clark on his own, and he's still not up to snuff. Please don't tell me he's gonna do something stupid - like leave her apartment to try and keep her out of harms way...

Ugh...

Looking forward to part 20.

(I too will join the chant of - when is he going to spill the beans?)

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
The two of them were just alike, Clark thought. Both with secret identities.
Wow. Never thought of it that way, but you're absolutely right.

“No—don’t get up,” Lois said, grabbing a spare purse and set of car keys. “I just called Perry White, and it turns out that Clark Kent went missing around the same time we did. I can’t think anything but that Bureau 39 must have taken him as well.”

Clark lowered back fully onto the couch, looking pale again. He swore.
He's going to have to do something soon. He cares too much to allow the people who care about him to continue worrying. By the way, call your parents, Clark!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sorry I didn't get a chance to post a review on the previous chapter, but I thought it was great too. Glad that Clark's name came up. I've been wondering what took her so long wink Maybe now she'll start making the connection. From your intro, it sounds like we might have some unexpected company again! dance Now, I know it may seem evil for me to think so, just love the angst!!

doublel

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Smirky!

I've just found your story and finished catching up reading from the beginning. Now it's time to feed the author with FDK wink

First off, great story! I never objected to a little hurt-comfort. And such hurt! Utterly painful to read -- Dr Mengele, anyone? (Although I had a bit of difficulty suspending my disbelief for a bone marrow aspirate from the femur. If the PSIS isn't gory enough for you, why not have them take it from the sternum? Mwahaha...)

I loved so many bits that I can't put them all in here. The humour ("little daisy", LOL) and the conversations that Lois had with Superman in the cell were lovely. I also loved how he started to die without exposure to sunlight and Lois figured it out by accident after rescuing him.

And I agree with Ann -- his body glowing in the sun is something I could really go for, hehe! You have a knack for descriptive writing, certainly. I can see some scenes like pictures in my mind!

Just a nitpick -- I found myself getting confused when you referred to Superman as "Clark" during the scenes which were written from Lois' point of view. When we're seeing a scene from inside Clark's head, it's of course normal for him to think of himself as "Clark." However, since Lois does not yet know that CK=S, in scenes which are from her POV, he should be "Superman," because that's whom she's seeing. Like I said, a nitpick.

At this point in the story I'm getting a bit disturbed by the fact that Clark...

a. ...has yet to call his parents who must be worried sick about him.

b. ...has let Lois run off to save Clark Kent, leaving him alone (which he's afraid to be) and putting herself in danger (which I think he wouldn't allow, no matter how out of it he was,) rather than tell her that CK=S.

He's not acting like the Clark we know -- but then again, the Clark we know did allow Lois to get engaged to Lex rather than reveal his secret, so...

Hoping that explanations are coming up in the next chapter. Looking forward to reading more soon!

--Jude

"Some prices are just too high, no matter how much you may want the prize. The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
--Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory", 1996
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh I have to go, but just want to put:

From your intro, it sounds like we might have some unexpected company again! Now, I know it may seem evil for me to think so, just love the angst!!
I was afraid there would be something happening evil lurking in this chapter.
I can't beat how you said the above doublel . rotflol

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Columnist
Columnist
Sorry I was unable to leave fdk for the last part--I've been really busy.

wallbash I'm very frustrated with Clark right now. I hope he at least calls his parents.

Looking forward to the next part and (hopefully?) a revelation scene soon!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard