Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35850 12/13/06 09:52 AM
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
OMG...they're back home! But somehow I think they should have gone to Clark's place because the government probably bugged hers. It's time for Clark to fess up when he gets the energy. huh

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#35851 12/13/06 12:56 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm glad he is starting to heal but I could have killed her for hanging his cape in the window, effectively keeping the sun off of him. frown

I love that the high heeled shoe has become an effective tool in all aspects of the story. Do they make swiss army stileto's?

I'm on the edge of my seat wondering if she will find out he is Clark. laugh

Good luck on your finals and papers. Get better!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#35852 12/13/06 12:56 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I second that about the bad guys. I keep expecting the bad guys to jump out at them from behind the curtains, or out of a closet.

Clark knew that no matter where he woke up, she would still be there with him.

And with that thought, he was finally able to drift off to sleep.
notworthy That was just beautiful. After everything they've been through, he knows that she won't leave his side.

Can't wait for more.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#35853 12/13/06 03:44 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
She had noticed that the sun was filtering through the window and touching his face with its light, and in his weakened condition Lois didn’t want to add a sunburn to everything else. She took his cape and hung it up in the window
Aargh!

She hid him in a broom closet. Ok, Raven, I'll you funny points for that one, too. smile

Lois crawled in, careful not to cut herself from the broken glass from her entry, and made a mental note to buy reinforced glass for the window when she bought the replacement. It was far too easy to break in, and if one can get in the window…What was the point of having six locks on her door at all?
:rolleyes:

Yes!

Good chapter. I'm hoping that their troubles are nearing an end. But that's wishful thinking, isn't it?

smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#35854 12/13/06 03:55 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yes, like the other feedback, I still feel it's calm before the storm. Maybe they will both get a good night sleep. Great chapter. do well on your finals and rest ( you can always right the next chapter in your dreams)

doublel

#35855 12/13/06 04:38 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My favorite quote in this part:
Well, it looks like everybody loved this phrase. :rolleyes: But it's so sweet... After all that terror, a WAFFy phrase is a balm. [Linked Image]

More, more, more!!!!! hyper

Andreia (off to bed) [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#35856 12/13/06 05:10 PM
Columnist
Columnist
She took his cape and hung it up in the window—keeping the famed emblem facing inward, of course.
No wallbash No wallbash No wallbash No

Hesitantly, Lois reached out to pull his cape back from the window, draping it over him instead.
Whew, thank you!

Hmm, I don't think I like her going back to her apartment. I hope she at least calls Perry soon so someone will notice if/when something goes wrong again?

Yeah, everyone else quoted it, but, like them, I adore this line.

Are we looking at some major separation anxiety here?

Can't wait for more! (And Lois better get him in a sunny spot!)

-Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#35857 12/13/06 05:56 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I've been following this one since the beginning, Smirky, and I think the lack of feedback is due to your machine-gun posting schedule, not to any lack of readers or any fault in your writing (because I don't see anything wrong with it). This is a very good story with one of the most heroic Lois characterizations I've read yet. She's strong, she's determined, she's almost inexhaustible, she's resourceful, she's not fearless but she doesn't let her fear stop her or even slow her down, and wow! She clobbers the bad guys and saves Superman!

I can't wait for her to call Perry and tell him that Superman is recuperating in her bed. I hope she gets some sleep before she has that conversation, or else Perry will want to know if she's taken a job at the Whisper or the Star.

And then Perry will ask her if she knows what happened to Clark, because he's been missing as long as she has. And then she'll put two and two together and get one - one Kryptonian, that is. And Superman will ask her to call someone to take him back to Logram because he'll be safer with him than he will be with Lois at that point.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#35858 12/13/06 06:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, Smirky, what can I say? I was delinquent with my fdk today... sorry... this time *I'm* going to use the excuse that RL encroached upon my time. :p

Since I'm late, everyone's already commented on what I wanted to comment on... but...

I wanted to reach through my laptop screen and smack that cape down off the window when Lois hung it up. laugh

And then, of course, I loved it at the end when you finally let poor Clark drift off to sleep, knowing that Lois would still be there with him, no matter where he woke up. That was just poignantly beautiful. He knew that even if someone came and took him - while he was sleeping - that when he awoke again, she would still be there.

Ahhh....

Thanks for that. Now I'm waffily happy for the moment and I won't send the chainsaw guys after you. laugh I hope your finals go well!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#35859 12/13/06 06:58 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ah! I am certainly not disappointed with reviews, Terry! Especially today, seeing as I posted it so late in the day (relatively)--it was almost 3 hours later than usual. Sometimes I may get a little over-anxious if the reviews are slow to come in at first, but there you are. I seem to have attracted a pleasant little gathering, which makes me feel quite waffy myself.

...But if you really think that my posting schedule is *too* fast, then maybe I shall slow down...<evil grin>

Of course, it's always good to get more reviews, yes? ...Certainly. Always, always.

But now that I've said that, I am saying that I probably will be getting at least a little slower on posting. Er...really this time. I'm serious. Right.

Okay, so I'm not very convincing. I really have become quite addicted to this story, reviews, and pleasing you people out there, so the past couple days there have been times that I shouldn't have posted (because of all the craziness I had going on), but I did anyways. Oh, well. But still--if I disappear or a day or two, don't freak out. I'll be back. Chances are that I just overdosed on the two large cans of hot chocolate (my substitute for coffee) and am running around the city in blue tights and a cape trying to burn off all the excess energy...<takes a long sip of her hot chocolate> Mmm...Who cares what everyone else thinks?

And I found out that my plot kind of took off without me, so...right now I am having to go back and fill in some necessary stuff (mostly waffy, which I don't personally mind, but for me it just doesn't come naturally like the major-angst chapters. Those first many chapters practically wrote themselves, and are quite literally posted in their first draft forms). So if there's a delay that might also be a reason, though I'm trying to take care of that as we speak.

Thanks for all the luck and well-wishes you guys have extended. I'm feeling better already! thumbsup

Hopefully I'll be posting the next chapter tomorrow afternoon. A little longer chapter--closer to 4000 words, this time, but I think that's going to be a more general rule. They just keep getting longer, it seems...

Anyway, thanks again for all the comments and reviews. Hope to hear from you all again tomorrow,

SmirkyRaven

#35860 12/14/06 08:53 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wow this is one of the best stories I've read for a long time ! Lois is on the verge of figuring things out I think and I can't wait to see what happens next.

And BTW Smirky -- I LOVE your fast posting schedule :p

Allie

#35861 12/14/06 09:28 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks, Allie! Next chapter should be up in a number of minutes--I just finished editing.

I hope it keeps up to your expectations! thumbsup

SmirkyRaven

#35862 12/14/06 09:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
party

ahem...DJ runs off to check folder... wink

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard