Print Thread
S
Snave Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
S
Is it really just me?

I tend to be a lurker, not deeming my humble comments to be especially useful; so I rarely append to the FDK threads here, even when I think a story is praiseworthy. (I know it's just laziness, but I yam wat I yam...)

But, I noticed that I hadn't seen a recent addition to one of my favorite stories by StopQuitDont, 'When Galaxies Divide', for a while.

So I decided to add an appreciative comment to the last FDK thread. An' ya know what? *I couldn't find it!*

I think we've done this author a great disservice by not saying how much we appreciate this great story! It is excellently written, sensitive to a fault, compelling, and captivating.

Plus, it has stopped with a tremendous cliff-hanger: Lois is unconscious, Kal-El may be de-throned as First Lord of both Krypton and Earth, and their son (which Kal-el didn't even know he had) has been kidnapped!

People, I think we've been remiss in not giving due credit to a great author, and to a great story. What say?

-- Snave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really it's a great story. thumbsup I'm following it in the nfic folder and posting FDK over there. It's a shame there's almost none FDK in this side. Maybe SQD thought nobody was reading her story in gfic folder due to lack of FDK and stopped posting it? hyper I'm sure she'll appreciate all and any comment. smile

Andreia (always a stopquitdont fan) notworthy

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
S
Snave Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
S
Thanks, Andreia, for setting me straight. I don't read nfic, and so I didn't see the FDKs on that venue. I'm glad to see that an excellent story is not going by the wayside.

However, that brings up a good point. There are those of us who confine ourselves to the gfic boards; how are we to know if the author shifts gears to 'target a different demographic', unless (s)he drops us a note? I confess that I'm guilty for not giving feedback earlier; but I kinda feel that if the story is posted from the beginning in gfic, that a segment of the audience is left high-and-dry if the story is suddenly moved exclusively to another segment of the fandom.

I really hope that Segments 14-16 are re-posted here, and that a gfic version of the story continues to its conclusion. Are you reading this, SQD? We're waiting with bated breath!

-- Snave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
When Galaxies Divide 13

Okay, I haven't had a chance to read this great story yet, but I did find part 13 for you.

Send SQD an email or a PM telling her that you want to see the next parts.

I tend to be a lurker, not deeming my humble comments to be especially useful; so I rarely append to the FDK threads here, even when I think a story is praiseworthy. (I know it's just laziness, but I yam wat I yam...)
Oh, Snave you should not feel that your comments aren't useful. I find ALL of my comments useful and helpful. Post feedback even if it's just a smiley. You could not believe how much an author appreciates it. Of course, feedback is not required, but the writers of these stories truly appreciate every bit they can get!!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Columnist
Columnist
I've always kind of felt this way myself! I'm sooo lazy when it comes to posting comments. But I don't really read in parts anymore because of lack of time. That's another reason I've been behind on my posting.

Another reason I've been behind is that I wanted to finish converting the story over for gfic. I tend to write stories in nfic, even have a couple that have no gfic version (which I'm planning to rectify soon- maybe over Christmas break.)

And I do have to admit I've been dragging my feet because of the lack of feedback on this side. But since I've been so humbly blessed with such great praise, I'm going to catch this story up so ALL my readers will be happy again.

Accept my apologies and enjoy!

SQD

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard