Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Pamela! Thanks for those comments (hope you got some sleep).

Yvonne -

Please tell me this isn't a subtle clue as to how the rest of the story is going to pan out. [Big Grin] Otherwise, certain aspects of this story remind me of the film Groundhog Day - not sure if that's a good sign or not. <g>
Okay. laugh This isn't a subtle clue. -- You asked me to say it. So I did. I can't say more though because I just love the speculation. laugh Thanks for the fdk!

Hah! Glad you liked that Doublel. <g>

Terry, me be kind to Lois? Mwah? Um... I'll see what I can do. :p Oh, and that drives me crazy too. But not as crazy as going to the grocery store and being positive that I'm forgetting something - only to remember what it was when I get back home. Ugh!

Hi Lara!

I'm sure it's not really supposed to be, but I find that part just plain hilarious. Poor Clark. I truly feel for him. But man, it's just so funny!!
I'm glad you found it funny, Lara, I thought it was funny when I was writing it (and Sue added her special touch to it and it became even funnier) - but then again, I have a warped sense of humor.

Thanks for the comments.

Hi Kelly! Oooh, I got a wallbash! Yeah!

Thanks again everyone! I should have part 4 up sometime on Saturday.

-- MR

angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
LaraMoon wrote:
for the record, I think it's more like 70 years. Between the Original Series and The Next Generation, it's something like that...

We don't know how they evolved, though, really. According to Worf in "Trials and Tribble-ations" (Deep Space Nine epiosde that's just brilliant!) they "do not talk about it". Nice way of explaining things, huh?

(yeah, yeah, I know all this stuff off the top of my head... big time trekkie... *lol*)
First off, the term is trekker. I should know; my wife has a Bajoran earring she's worn in public several times, and she's gotten a lot of "Ooh, that's interesting!" and a couple of people who've tapped the bridges of their noses and smiled ("like Bajorans do"). And I do remember Worf talking/not talking about it in that episode (always wondered what species they must have thought he was). But the Klingons who were wiped out in the opening shots of the first ST movie all had long hair and head ridges, as did all the Klingons from then on.

Anyway, back to the real purpose of this thread ---

I always thought "I'm leaving you to keep from hurting you" was probably the dumbest thing any guy's ever done in any relationship. I'm glad this story is calling Clark on it, because he should have asked Lois if she understood his reasoning and if she agreed with him. She wouldn't have done either, of course.

There is a fic whose author and title escapes me where Lois gets up out of bed as Superman is flying away and she threatens to publish his secret identity in the next day's morning Planet edition unless he gets his super-powered butt back there and talks to her. Great reaction, and I kinda wish Teri Hatcher's Lois had done that.

Powerful and evocative, this story is excellent. Keep it coming!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Apparently I'm the only one in this thread who didn't see "50 First Dates"
No, I haven’t see it either, Terry, but I do know the premise. I don’t know how it ended. (Of course, DJ also explained the premise when she asked for a bit of technical assistance with the story while it was still in the planning stages.)

And I was always disappointed that the style change was never explained, sort of like the sudden head ridges for Klingons in Star Trek between the original series and the movies.
Well, they finally did hint of an explanation of that in ST:DS9 - Trials And Tribble-ations. They finished up the explanation in the ST:Enterprise enhanced human arc (Augments - think Khan Noonian Singh). The Klingons stole the technology and their genetic experiment went horribly wrong. One of those side effects was the loss of the ridges for some of the Klingons. It took some time before they were able to completely ‘fix’ the problem.

Oh, Andreia, I just love your jaw drop icon.

I haven't seen 50 First Dates either. Had no idea how it ended until reading the FDK on this story.
It was in the feedback? Really? Well, tell me again.

Oh, but Terry, didn't you know? The Klingons evolved.
Nope… you’re wrong. See my explanation above - It was a genetic enhancement experiment gone wrong.

I can only imagine what it would be like to have this kind of trauma. How horrible it must be to wake up every day and not remember anything that has happened. For those people that never recover it has to be such a shock to wake up and look in the mirror and see such an older version of yourself.
I saw a report on TV about a woman who has ‘face amnesia’. She recognizes no one’s face - including her own. If she is going to meet her husband later in the day for lunch or some such, he has to make sure she knows what he was wearing. And then sometimes he still has to tell her who he is. (She does recognize voices.) Can you imagine the hassle this would be at work? (And she does work.)

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I looked at the other feedback to see what the ending was to the movie. I think it would be rather interesting to have that happen. Of course, I do remember what you told me in an email...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love the interesting conversations that have sparked in this thread. laugh

I know more about Klingons now than I ever did (yes, I do watch Star Trek, but mainly just Next Gen and the movies).

Okay...

I always thought "I'm leaving you to keep from hurting you" was probably the dumbest thing any guy's ever done in any relationship. I'm glad this story is calling Clark on it, because he should have asked Lois if she understood his reasoning and if she agreed with him. She wouldn't have done either, of course.
Oh, I totally agree with you. I HATED that. So dumb. I wanted to reach through the TV screen and slap Clark - although I would have just ended up hurting my hand as hard as I wanted to slap him. :p

Now don't be telling all my secrets Nancy goofy The only thing is though, that a lot of things have evolved and changed in this story since I first began it, and then with Sue's imput...

What I told you might not be on track any more. wink

However, I just love you for the fact that you are so willing to indulge any little medical question I have. We're so fortunate to have a nurse like you on the boards. laugh

We will be posting part 4 in the morning. See you all then!

-- MR sloppy

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Now don't be telling all my secrets Nancy
blush Ooops... didn't know I was.

What I told you might not be on track any more.
Well, with the Queen and Princess of Evil writing, it's hard to tell what might happen...

However, I just love you for the fact that you are so willing to indulge any little medical question I have. We're so fortunate to have a nurse like you on the boards.
You're quite welcome...

Klingons rule...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard