Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
First, I just want y'all to know what a good, dedicated writer I am. My computer broke yesterday so I have no way of getting online from home. So tonight, after I got off work at midnight, I drove the my office at the newspaper, sifted through my sent mails to find a copy of the file and then posted it from there. I hope you appreciate it. <G>

Okay, now that I'm done with that....

Well, it's over. Good, bad or ugly, we reached "the end." Any comments on the conclusion? On the story in general?

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
yeah I'm the first to reply!

ooh - such WAFFs!
and Lana finally got hers!
amazing story - thanks for writing!

shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
thanks for your dedication, annie. it was well worth it. great part, great story, great ending. smile

clark's teasing was hysterical... absolutly hysterical.

but wow... lana seems impervious to hints. it's amazing to watch even the gigantic thermonuclear ones just bounce off her blondeness (not that all blondes are like that or anything. there just wasn't a better word here).

”I’ve already seen this movie a dozen times.”

“They why did you choose it?”

“Because I’ve already seen it a dozen times,” she replied, quirking her eyebrows and smiling at her boyfriend. Her boyfriend. She liked the sound of that.
very nice. smile

lovely ending, too. smile

great job. smile write more!

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Such dedication girl!!! goofy How great of you to make sure we all got our DSC dose...... while your computer is down!! thumbsup

Lots of great smoochies!! You write them sooooooo very well Annie!! I was going to quote one, but couldn't pick my favorite because I loved all of them!! So Ill just say thanks for sharing your amazing talent with us notworthy notworthy notworthy

S (who is very concerned about your computer & lack of being able to access your feedback now!!! eek )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Wow, Annie, that is dedication. I'm sorry you're having computer problems!

I don't have much time tonight, so I'm not going to write a lot of fdk -- I know you're crying.

I loved this part and the whole story! Lana was very appropriately taken care of laugh - very nice! Even though I would have liked to have seen some sort of bloodshed, I have to admit that I was LOLing the whole time to everything that happened to Lana.

This part was both funny and totally WAFFy smile . I loved it!

- Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Annie, great story! I absolutely loved all the smoochies! My favorite part, (besides them) was when Clark told Lana off.. It kind of ticked me off that she came back, thinking she could still get Clark, but it was a happy ending! Thanks for the dedication!

Blayne (who is impatiently waiting for Annie's next great story!)

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Annie

Thanks for posting! smile1
This is excellent. goofy

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well...I hope I've come up with something that will satisfy everyone.
Oh, I don't think you have to worry about that, Annie. thumbsup This was a wonderful way to end the story. And I appreciate all you did to get this up and posted tonight. I was looking forward to it.

- Vicki wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Features Writer
Features Writer
LOVED IT! A great end to a wonderful story. I'm glad that Lana got her comeuppance, but so elegantly - no knockdown, drag-out catfight. Clark's teasing was perfectly done - naturally I would have expected nothing less from him wink ...and even when he had to be more blunt, as far as I was concerned, she still got off easy.

And of course, I'm just thrilled that there was more romance and more lovely kisses between them. [Linked Image] Very nice indeed. I like Lois' way to watch a video - and judging by this, it sounds as though Clark thinks it's a pretty good idea as well... laugh
A slow grin spread across Clark’s face as her meaning dawned on him. “So....since you’ve already seen this movie....” he teased, wrapping his arms around her waist and drawing her close.

His lips slanted over hers, and Lois sighed against his mouth, tangling one hand his hair and encouraging him to deepen the kiss. As the movie began to play, they continued their gentle exploration, oblivious to the action on the screen. Clark’s hands began to explore her body, trailing softly over her sides and back.
::very big happy sigh:: [Linked Image] Thanks for the most enjoyable story, Annie. I'm ready for your next one, any time!

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Top Banana
Top Banana
You are very dedicated, Annie. And good luck with you computer.

I love the end. Lana stays so much in character and keeps on thinking Clark is hers. Clark's reasoning of kids is great <G> And boy, would I have loved to see Lana's face when she found Lois and Clark kissing. Served her right!

And woohoo! More smoochies! dance

Nice end, Annie, now give us another fic like this soon. wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
That was great! Glad Lana got what was finally coming to her. Her get up when interrupting Lois and Clark's steamy make out session was so presumputous but this was really good! thumbsup

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Merriwether
Merriwether
WAFFy! Funny! Lana got hers! WAFFY! (oh, wait, I said that already... wink )

She had to admit that she was still a little nervous. After all, it wasn't like she had great role models for relationships, and her last couple of forays into the world of coupledom had been met with great disaster. But she knew now what the alternative was to trying &#8211; and she wasn't willing to live with that. So even though she was worried that she would do something to sabotage their relationship, or that Clark would eventually do something that would hurt her, she was willing to try.
Sweet, and real, and waffy! Life isn't perfect... but this is close enough! laugh

&#8220;Oh, Clark! I'm sorry I didn't return your phone calls earlier. You must have been just crazy with worry!&#8221;

&#8220;Well...actually I just figured you were busy and I'd talk to you later.&#8221;
Ha! Manipulative, gold-plated <mmmppphhh>! Foiled... by Clark's absolute lack of concern. thumbsup

&#8220;Yeah, I mean how many other women am I going to meet who want to move back to Smallville and take over my parent's farm? They've been hounding me for awhile now to find a wife and bring her back there. Most women shy away from the thought of running the farm. I mean, it's a lot of work, and it's not like it rakes in the money. But you grew up in Smallville, so you understand the charms of small town living. And the first couple of years will be really tough, but once our sons are old enough to help out-&#8221;
dizzy

His laughter joined hers and soon they were happily distracted, and Lana was the farthest thing from their minds.
Oh, good, banished... just as she should be!

Oh, almost forgot! Thanks, Annie, for taking pity on us! Hope your computer is ok really soon!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I'm glad you found a way to post it. Thanks a lot.

Great work.

I love the way Lois is thinking cool

And Clark's conversation with Lana razz razz

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks for your dedication, Annie.

This was just great! (Happy sigh!) I loved the confrontations with Lana, I loved the romance, and I just plain loved this story.

Well done!

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was a great ending! A great story! It was nice and lighthearted, but with great insight to our couples emotions. Any chance of a sequel of some sorts?

doublel

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Annie, this is fabulous! <g> Loved the discussion of how Clark will have to break up with Lana <g> and I enjoyed listening to him *try*!

Lois smothered a cough as she choked back a laugh. After listening to Clark’s side of the story last night, she had a feeling they were closer to right where they left off than Lana suspected.
Great line! <g>

But the best part was the end, when she comes in for a last-ditch effort and finds Clark rolling around on the sofa with Lois! laugh Serves her right. And I love the detail that Lois has to straighten up her shirt <eg>

"Believe it or not, she took that better than the last time we broke up," Clark said with a wry grin.
ROFL! rotflol

Great job, Annie! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow!
What a waffy and fantasting ending! Lana was *so* obvious in trying to make Clark worry about her absence and how she changed tracks when she noticed he didn't!
She acted kinda dense, not getting it that it was over, but I had a good laugh out of her last appearance! clap

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You posted too quickly, Annie! (Hazel ducks the flying objects)

Just read the last two segments, and this was a very satisfying ending to the story. Lana is an utter idiot. You should be pleased. goofy

I was delighted to see that my initial suspicions re marsh gas laugh turned out to be true. Just love that retroactive memory, Lana! And the cooking scene, as everyone else said, was hilarious.

Thanks for a fun story, Annie!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, I'll admit that the story was well written, humerous, very sweet and waffy as all get out. BUT...

It did seem to be missing a couple of very necessary elements to make it truly complete. It wasn't a vignette so there was plenty of opportunity to add these two very important ingrediants (hey, a cooking metaphor wink ). I feel somewhat embarrassed that I have to bring them up, but it seems that the other gentle readers are just too polite to do so.

Here it is. The two missing elements from this story were; (do I really have to say it?) (Okay I will) the haircut for Lois to denote the change in her and Clark's relationship, and some WHAMS!

You see, as became obvious in the show, the haircut for Lois became a physical metaphor for the change in Lois and her feelings for Clark and their relationship. The moving on from just best friends to more. You have taken Lois and Clark to that next step in their relationship, therefore you are obligated to facilitate the physical manisfestation of the haircut also. Without the haircut we can't be certain that her feelings have truly evolved. We can't trust that this Lois won't revert back to her old ways of denial like she often did anytime she allowed herself to show emotion and feeling for Clark in the early days.

Now, as for the Whams. They are necessary for two reasons. First, a waff (and I admit that waffs occassionally have their place) is much more powerful and poinient when set up with the proper whams. Hurt/comfort stories are a staple of fanfiction, but you can't have the comfort without the hurt. And, most important... they're FUN!

Good job, overall but I hope you remember this for the next one wink

Tank (who wonders what it would be like to have two beautiful women throwing themselves at you)

Merriwether
Merriwether
Woohoo! Lana DENIED! And what a way to do it, too. Oh, how I wish we could have seen her face when Clark was talking about all of the kids on the farm! Great story, I loved it. :-D

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard