Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, since I threatened you for this part, it's only fair that I start your fdk on it...

Smirky, you are going to kill me, you know that? You're going to have my death on your conscious - along with the torture you've put poor Clark through.

(I'm excited to finally see what you were telling me about my "conclusions" in that PM the other day... you know what I mean...)

Wonderful part! Can't wait to see the next one... And finals are simply no excuse. wink

Thanks Smirky!

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Columnist
Columnist
I'm teetering on the edge of my seat here! You are truly evil! thumbsup Great part! Don't keep me teetering too long here!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Top Banana
Top Banana
AAAHH!! Just AHHH!!!

So cruel leaving us hanging like that!! This is getting so good. smile (Not that it wasn't fabulous before) I keep coming back to the forum just to see if you have posted another chapter. I am so hooked. smile Great job!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Come on Lois, kick the guard...

Oh no! I was hoping that they would finally escape. *Sigh*
Okay, it's not the end of days yet, she could still knock him out.

And kryptonite radiation? How cruel can a single person be? I definitely don't like Logram.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wonderful WHAM. But you better let them escape, or ELSE. wildguy encourage you to continue the story and let them escape.

So, post, post, post, post, post, post, post...

You get the picture.

Not that I'm impatient or anything. angel-devil

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sorry, guys. Real life just jumped off a cliff and took me with it. That means that I'm discontinuing this story for now...and maybe for good. The Muses have forsaken me. My apologies for the disappoint.

CAUGHT YA! shock

lol. Just kidding. Really, really! Just kidding! <wards off raging mob> Sorry; I couldn't help it.

Um...in an attempt to save face and hopefully still get a few reviews tomorrow from the readers who are still speaking to me...chapter 15 should be posted tomorrow morning. <hopeful grin>

Forgive me, but I'm writing somewhere in a later chapter and couldn't resist the chance of a bit of evil, selfish laughter. The "Smirky" side of my personality is feeling a little left out, I think...

<in a small voice> Forgive?

<runs off before the riotous masses can catch her>

SmirkyRaven

Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Abandoning the story!!!

Hah! Forget the guys with pointy sticks - these are the guys that would be coming after you then:

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Ahem...

Looking forward eagerly to tomorrow's post.

BTW - how many chapters is this story going to have? How many chapters are left?

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
...What would be the reaction if I said that this fic is going to be...er...a *lot* longer?

Like...I have most of up through chapter 24 written with no real end in sight? That means that I have about as much more written and not posted as I do written and posted...

And the chapters seem to generally be getting longer.

<grimaces at self>

I warned everyone when I first started posting this story that I was quite long-winded and loved to jump off cliffs after very long and elaborate plots. I hope that's okay with everyone...

Hm. But what I may end up doing is wrapping up this fic, then taking off in a sequel...That might be more acceptable, even if I can't really think of a good stopping spot at the moment...

Just out of curiosity here, what would people think if I were to stretch this fic out of LnC universe and trying to bridge the gap between LnC and the movie verses? I'd love to hear what you think.

As for the crazy murdering emoticons...Er....

<slides away nervously>

Now, let's talk reason here...

Oh! What's that over there?

<flees>

SmirkyRaven

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Sorry, guys. Real life just jumped off a cliff and took me with it. That means that I'm discontinuing this story for now...and maybe for good. The Muses have forsaken me. My apologies for the disappoint.
It's a really good thing you're joking, because we would have to kill you otherwise. Of course, in this case "kill" simply means drumming you out of FoLC-dom, but, really, you don't want that, do you? (Lisa smiles sweetly)

And now I've read the chapter. There may be some light at the end of the tunnel.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
DJ I just died when I saw those emoticons! Those are great... maybe I should steal them and use them on you. ^_~

Smirky, don't worry about it being long. I adore long fics myself. Short ones are nice and all but I love long meaty stories. So please continue on, you are doing a wonderful job! I don't know how I feel about you branching it off into other superman universes. Right now I can't imagine it in my mind, but I haven't seen everything you have written either. If you can pull it off though go for it. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Top Banana
Top Banana
AHHHHHHHHH! wallbash

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ok, you're finals are over right??? dizzy

doublel

Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
DJ looks in the direction Smirky points... What? Where? I don't see anything!

Oh darn... foiled again. laugh

I just had to quote this from Jojo:

DJ I just died when I saw those emoticons! Those are great... maybe I should steal them and use them on you. ^_~

Smirky, don't worry about it being long. I adore long fics myself. Short ones are nice and all but I love long meaty stories. So please continue on, you are doing a wonderful job! I don't know how I feel about you branching it off into other superman universes. Right now I can't imagine it in my mind, but I haven't seen everything you have written either. If you can pull it off though go for it.
Jojo, don't you dare use those icons on me. laugh Besides, don't you trust me? <DJ bats evil eyelashes at Jojo> I've never let you down before have I? Well... eventually...

Okay, Smirky. I agree with what Jojo said above. I love long fics and I'm with you for the ride. But I'm not sure how I feel about you branching *this* particular story off into other universes, weird avenues, etc... It was such a gritty, realistically grounding fic, that I would sort of like to see it stay in the LNC universe... just continued in the vein it has been going in to its conclusion.

But, hey, that's just my opinion, and it's *your* story, so you can do whatever you darn well please with it, I suppose...

I described your story to someone else calling it "3D" -- Dark, Detailed, and Disturbing. laugh

Okay, I guess I'm done. Looking forward to 15 <DJ runs off to find another torture device to threaten Smirky with... ahhh...>

[Linked Image]

-- MR angel-devil

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I *wish* finals were over! They don't even start until Saturday, when I have one at seven o'clock in the morning! dance

Still, I'm trying to keep my sanity by keeping up with writing "Darkest Dreams," so I don't think the spaces will grow too much longer between chapters, hopefully.

<crosses fingers and gets back to work...>

Well, I *should* be working on my paper...

<starts typing away more on 'DD'>

SmirkyRaven

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Oh, Smirky, you had to read "Heart of Darkness?" I'm so sorry! I don't think anyone would know that title if it weren't for college lit courses. I read it my freshman year of college and all I got out of it was "The horror, the horror!" That book is as terminally boring as "Ethan Frome," and I don't care if my English professor thought they were both brilliant works.

Yech. What a pair of depressing books.

Now back to your regularly scheduled feedback.

Clark's wavering on the knife-edge of life and death. Lois has managed to get their prison open, but there's a little complication.

Nothing like a cliffhanger to raise the old blood pressure.

When this story started, I thought it would be a standard Lois-in-danger-Superman-saves-her story. Boy, was I ever wrong. This is wonderful. You're showing Lois as an absolute heroine. Despite Kal's helplessness and her misery and their shared pain, she never blames him for not getting them out of their predicament. She never accuses him (or allows him to accuse himself) of being at fault. She works herself to the edge of exhaustion just to keep him alive, and now she's risking her life to get him out of there.

Of course, he might not survive telling Lois his other name. I bet that chapter's gonna be a humdinger, too.

I want to read the next chapter! Before Lois grabs this emoticon! help

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Amazing story, Raven. (I'll call you Smirky when you deserve it. And flashing an evil grin in our direction isn't going to earn you a Smirk from me.)

As I said, this story is amazing, beautiful! And like Terry said, what a heroine Lois is here! And like DJ said, this is certainly a 3D story - Dark, Detailed and Disturbing. And I love it, but there is only so much I can take when it comes to WHAMs, you know? Unfortunately I'm an emoticon illiterate just like I'm an LNC episode illiterate, but I'll ask DJ if she can send one more of those guys with the powers saws your way! If things don't get a liiittle better soon, hmmm?

Brilliantly angst-ladenly beautiful (and heroine-inspirational) so far, Raven. Don't leave us hanging! Come back soon! Make things better!!! Ehh... pretty please?

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Er...Heart of Darkness is one of my favorite books.

<waits for rocks to fall>

Oh, well. I guess it kind of makes sense/is fitting, no? As I've said before, I never claimed to be sane. After all, I am a math major. They are nothing if not insane <bows>

And Dante's "Inferno"...lol. Indeed, you can certainly see where this story's angst, doom, and gloom came from, eh?

Ethan Frome, though...<shudders> I am so glad I left the book back in my junior year of high school.

Thanks for your reviews!

SmirkyRaven

Merriwether
Merriwether
Go read some book about happy things. Maybe you'll actually realize what you are doing to LnC. wink

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Merriwether
Merriwether
The light turned green, and Lois opened the door.

To find herself looking right into a very startled looking guard’s face.
OH WOW!! grumble .

I need one of those thingys that will give me internet where ever I go but not cost the earth. I need my fix as soon as it is available. Would a Blackberry do it?

I can't believe that evil man. It's great that you have made him so evil you know! It makes it even more torturous just thinking how evil can get become. I'm giddy like a little girl wanting to know how our awesome Lois is going to get out of there. I was so hopeful, but it just seemed too easy, when she spotted the card. The thought of the doctor cutting Lois' finger or hand off actually entered my mind. Or he'd do that and WHAM! She'd let him have it. Mind you then the guards would get her...okay maybe that little fantasy of letting the baddie get it isn't that ... productive.

And kryptonite radiation? How cruel can a single person be? I definitely don't like Logram.
Isn't he!!!!

I find this man such a horrific piece of work. Thanks for freaking the pants off me man! This one will be going in my 'terrify me' folder. This one not only freaks me out but makes me grin. It is sooo interesting to see the gang get out of trouble. They will won't they? I guess if not, make it heroic and out with a bang, but there is nothing more satisfying than seeing the bad guy either dead or passed on to Henderson and have our two lovebirds duel it out and eventually kiss and make up. I don't think they will be up to 'duelling' but I'm there for whatever sort of angst will be around the next corner.

*angst* angst * angst*
<thumping fists on the table>

Hmm, me thinks. Maybe the guard isn't a bad guard but a good guard? mecry

OH C'MON LOIS YOU CAN DO IT!!! laugh

Um...in an attempt to save face and hopefully still get a few reviews tomorrow from the readers who are still speaking to me...chapter 15 should be posted tomorrow morning. <hopeful grin>
OH WHAT! What is this beautiful, perfect, wondrous piece of news!!! The thought of waiting and then not having to is so so evil and yet it makes the next chapter so much sweeter. I'll be up at 5:30 AM central time to work-out so hopefully after I'm done (but before work) I shall check the boards! Yeeehaw. Hmmm, this isn't an Nfic so I can most definitely check while I'm at work too. It's the mad year end rush and since I'm not really taking a lunch I soooooo deserve a small reading break. Mind you I wouldn't care if it was a long reading break *hint* hint*.

Does that sound a little bit crazy? I'm chilly and drank too much diet cola (caffine!!). Silly me.

BYE!!!! laugh

P.S. Please let them live. I would love to see them interact afterwards *sniffle*.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Blogger
Blogger
Smirky!!!!

I haven't posted until now because i wanted to finish what you have posted up to now, and WOW!!!

*You must have been mentored by Sue also* grumble mad

The ANGST is killing me!!!! I found this story purely by accident (not that it isn't FANTASTIC), but the whole story just drew me in. The pain Lois is feeling for Kal, I can feel... Kal's unbelievable agony is palpable thumbsup

Please wildguy Mary

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard