Haha, this story was suppose to be done about 6 months ago. goofy I guess you can't count on the real world working with you. However, this story ends at a time in my life where things have fallen into place (just like our characters) so it is kind of ironic. Thanks to all those who read, who commented, who edited, who have been just amazing. You Folc's are great, and I can't thank those who got me back into the "folc world" full time again enough. May you all contiune to inspire others. Please enjoy the final part of What Is True. smile

From Part 11

She looked at him and smiled. “Come to bed.”

That simple, yet sweet command was all he needed to hear. Instantly, he was in bed, pulling her close to him. At first, the couple seemed a little nervous because it was the first time after all their revelations that they were sharing a bed together. Clark could hear Lois’ heartbeat fluttering and he didn’t even need super-hearing.

“Hey, you okay?” he whispered.

She snuggled a little deeper into his chest before answering. “I know it’s silly considering what we were doing just an hour ago, but I guess I am still a little nervous.”

He smiled. “It’s not silly, because I am, too.”

“Really?”

“Really. This is the first time I get to hold you all night along, and I just want to make sure I protect you and love you as much as I can tonight.”

“Me, too,” She yawned, visibly more relaxed than before. “Good night, Clark. I love you.”

He kissed the top of her head. “I love you too. Good night, Lois”

Part 12

“Jonathan, you don’t think they were asleep all night?”

The Kents had gone to bed shortly after their dinner. They had come down to start getting breakfast ready for the new day when they saw that the dinners they had left in the oven for Lois and Clark had grown cold.

“Martha, they have had so many things happen in the last two days it doesn’t surprise me.”

“Well they still need to eat, no matter what they are going through.” She took out the cold dishes and placed them on the counter, and then made her way back to the stairs.
“I’m going to check on them.”

He sighed. “Martha, they aren’t children.”

“No, but they are my children and I have every right till the day I die to make sure they’re okay. Especially, when they don’t eat.” With that, she walked back upstairs and padded down the hall to Clark’s bedroom. When she reached the door, she paused before knocking. Jonathan was right. They weren’t children and it was possible they weren’t decent either. She decided to knock, take a peak, and if the scene wasn’t deemed appropriate for a mother’s eyes, then she would leave the couple alone. Breakfast wasn’t always the most important thing.

Martha gently knocked on the door. When no one responded, she opened the door a crack and let herself in. Looking towards the bed, she smiled at the scene before her.

Clark and Lois lay in each others arms, snuggled deep into the comforter of the bed. They were both dressed in identical gray t-shirts but Lois’ looked much too big for her. Deciding that it was best to just let them rest, she turned back towards the door. She was startled when a sleepy male voice spoke.

“You forget I have super-hearing.”

Martha spun around and smiled. “Don’t worry, I’m leaving. I just wanted to make sure you kids were okay.”

Clark smiled. “Were okay,” He then looked down at the sleeping woman draped across him. “Things are going to be great.”

“That’s quite a change in attitude from yesterday.”

“Much has changed…” He sighed contently and looked back up at his mother. “She knows who I really am. She knows how I really feel about her and she isn’t running. She’s not even scared.”

“Clark,” Martha spoke gently, “You always had each other, no matter what you or Lois thought. If something had happened in her life and she needed you first, I know you would have put this discussion on hold to help her. Now you just have more insight into the woman that is lying with you.”

“Thanks to you and Dad, mostly.” He smiled at his mother, but it was quickly replaced by a curious scowl. “But, I thought you claimed not to interfere in matters of the heart. You guys haven’t exactly done that. Why?”

She approached the bed where the couple lay, placed a tender kiss on her son’s forehead, and lovingly stroked Lois’ hair before speaking. “Sometimes, we need a push from those who know us best to find our way.”

Clark watched in awe as his mother walked away and out of his bedroom. She was always a tower of wisdom and strength. He had always admired her, but today she seemed to stand a little bit taller, and smile a little brighter. His parents were definitely not a force to be reckoned with. A sleepy mumble broke him out of his thoughts.

“Who was that?”

Clark had to chuckle, “Well good morning to you, too.”

Lois sat up, and propped her head up against the bed frame. “Sorry, I just thought I heard someone else in the room.” She placed a quick peck on his check.

Although Clark had done much more with Lois than just kiss last night, he found himself blushing at the simple action. “It was just my mom making sure we were okay.”

Now it was her turn to blush. “Oh, and she saw us like…” She motioned with her hands to the bed.

“Yes, but I think they figured that one out all by themselves when we didn’t show up for dinner.”

She relaxed. “Yeah, they’re pretty smart people aren’t they? Reminds me of another smart couple.”

He put his arm around her and jokingly asked, “What smart couple are you referring to?”

“Us, silly. The one who you claim is okay now.”

Clark pretended to be very serious. “Oh, so now we’re considered a couple?”

Lois giggled. “Well it’s not a life sentence, but I figured we could see where it goes. I’m hoping it works out for the long run.”

“So do I.” He kissed her before continuing. “What about Superman? Are you okay with that too?”

She smiled and her eyes became a bit more serious. “I have waited all my life for this; for you, for true love, everything. It’s going to take some time for me to get used to sharing half of you with the rest of the world. But I don’t want to wake up tomorrow, and have it all taken away. I want this to work; we need this to work.”

Clark turned to face her. “It’s going to work. It has to because as strong as I am, together we are stronger. I’m convinced that this, whatever this is between us, is…” He stopped speaking, choked slightly with emotion. “Oh Lois, I just need you.”

She smiled and stroked his cheek. “You’re an incredible man Clark Kent, and I love you. All of you.”

“I love you too and to me, there is no greater truth than that.” he replied.

“I think there’s something else that holds more truth.”

He looked down at her. “What?”

“This.” Lois reached up and shared a sweet yet passionate kiss with Clark. As the kiss exploded with the love they had for each other, the couple started to sink a little deeper into the covers. He pulled her closer and trailed kisses up to her ear and whispered…

“Oh yeah, this is definitely true.”

~fin smile

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.