Next Thread
Print Thread
#35461 12/09/06 02:44 PM
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Seems by now that CK would know he gets his energy from the sun.

Please get them out of this soon!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Merriwether
Merriwether
What! Part 12! I only got to read part one and I didn't even notice all this fly by. Oh dear I'm red faced blush I'm hardly ever looking here now. When I am I'm too tired and a bit overcome by all the threads. Too...much...for my...mind..my eyes...*thunk*

Off to read what I can.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks for the 2 chapters so quick, but they were too short confused This story is really intriguing. Can't remember if Lois at that stage new about the sun recharging him or not. I'm sure that Clark has figured it out, yet if this was to take place after Green Glow, he may not since that was his first encounter with Kryptonite.

doublel
keep it coming!!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I don't know--why should Clark know his energy comes from the sun? I mean, this is Clark. He spends plenty of time outdoors, always has (being a farmboy and all that), and even on days that he hasn't...it's not like he has been injured and thus needing a desperate recharge such as now.

I don't know. It made sense to me. <shrugs>

I didn't see them rushing to keep him in the sun during his kryptonite weakness episode in GGOH. But, whatever. If you don't like it, consider it artistic license or...whatever.

Thanks for reviewing!

SmirkyRaven

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
BTW - love your avitar. He looks gorgeous in that pic

double

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hm. Good point. Short chapters are not really necessary. I just thought they were a good stopping point so I...stopped.

In the next chapter I actually combined a medium and a very short chapter together into one, just because of you, doublel. It's a little over 3000 words--not extremely long, but considering that it used to hold 2 chapters in the same length...well, you get the idea. laugh Should be posted sometime tomorrow morning.

I like your avatar too. So Lois!

SmirkyRaven

Merriwether
Merriwether
I agree if there is a good stopping point either to create suspense or it's just a good spot go for it.

Personally inside I hate it because I want to read as much as possible but it does add to the lure of the story.

I'm sad to say I have reached the end of chapter 12, but I guess the timing is good because it is three minutes to midnight here and I really should be going to bed.

This one is just freaking me out. Way cool.

Will they actually give him sunlight? Will they take him outside? It would be nice if he could fake staying ill, but actually be getting better and then BAM run away fast! JJ. I know it won't be that easy so I desperate to find out what happens next.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Whoa, SuperRoo! I've been following your reviews as they've been popping up one by one over the past couple hours, and I must say a very big thank you!

I am flattered that you went through all of them so quickly, and I'm very glad that you've stuck through this far...and this fast!

And the outpouring of reviews completely made my day...er...night. It's almost midnight here, too! Do you live in the US mtn time zone?

SmirkyRaven

Columnist
Columnist
Sorry it's been so long since I've reviewed. I've been reading every chapter and clinging to every word, but with finals week I havn't had a whole lot of time.

Umm... wow. I really don't even know what to say. This story is getting better and better and better!

I threw a little one-woman party when I a saw there were two chapters today (though they were so short).

More more more more more more more hyper

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
“I’ll ask him,” she said. She sat down beside Superman, clasping his hand in hers. “Look at me,” she said firmly. Clark was still frozen, so she reached forward and forcibly turned his face towards her. His eyes slowly focused on her face, turning away from his inner nightmares, and he blinked, coming to himself as if from a great distance. He inhaled sharply, having not realized that he was holding his breath.
Clark stared at her, his mind gibbering in near panic. He wasn’t from Krypton, he wanted to explain—not in the way that it mattered. He didn’t know any more about it than they did, and in his mind he was as human as anyone. He thought like a human, acted like a human, felt like a human…

The doctor shifted slightly, and panic rose to a new height, but Lois’s eyes had caught his like flies on flypaper, and it anchored him. He was brought out of the rising clamor of increasingly terrified thoughts as she tightened her hand over his. He took a shuddering breath.
There is such a stark beauty to this. And Lois and Clark's reactions to each other are so - so primal. I can't really call it love, because love is more civilized, more polished and pretty. And I absolutely can't call it tenderness, because tenderness, even more than love, is a feeling you can indulge in when you have a surplus of things you need to survive. This Lois and this Clark haven't got that, certainly not Clark, but not really even Lois. Lois is hanging on to him for dear life, and he can respond, think and reach out only when Lois fills his feverish mind.

It's damn beautiful, Raven. But as you can imagine, I wouldn't mind if you'll bring Clark a bit of sunshine and bring him firmly back to the land of the living.

Ann

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard