Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
…planted another soft kiss on his lips
Then Lois kissed his cheek.
Then he pushed his lips into hers and gave her a hard kiss that seemed to leave her speechless.
She interrupted him with another kiss.
Clark planted a soft kiss on her lips
He couldn't help himself, so he pulled her close and planted a quick kiss on her lips.
Clark grinned at her as he brought her hand to his face and placed a kiss on her ring finger
... he quickly bent down to kiss her.
SMOOCHIES!!!! *sigh* /me melts into WAFFy pile of goo.

Great part, Alicia. Looking forward to more, even if WHAMS are included.

Caroline

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
Columnist
Columnist
LOL, Alicia!

Clark is so perfectly in character here - worrying about his parents and her parents and Jimmy and Perry.

I loved this! And I love how Clark keeps overthinking everything, doing the 'what if' game. Well done and very witty.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, this is wonderful, Alicia! smile Okay, paranoid mode is *off* I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride.

At first I thought it would be a great idea to have Martha & Jonathan there as witnesses, but Clark was right -- Ellen Lane would *never* let them hear the end of it. She's going to be miffed enough as it is! wink

Loved the way Clark told Jimmy the truth <g> He's gonna kick himself later...

Anyway, have a good weekend and post the rest pronto! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
What's the deal?

A whole instalment of nothing but yucky stuff and Clark acting like a lunkhead by overthinking everthing. That means one less instalment in which to bring out the whams.

I'm getting a bit worried... there might not even be any whams? (gasp!)

Tank (who is at least mollified by the fact that by this time in the relationship Lois already has short hair so that's something that doesn't need to be addressed)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
WOW Alicia..... another great part! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Alicia

This is absolutely wonderful. goofy
And there are lots of funny lines throughout. laugh

Your characterizations are spot on. I can just see Clark obsessing like this and Lois getting more frustrated by the minute. And Jimmy interrupting, LOL! rotflol

This is beautifully written. I love it and can't wait till they get to Vegas.

Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool

Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, I'm pretty sure I mentioned that I like this part... wink ...but let me say it again!

And this line
"Clark, we're eloping. When you elope, you don't tell anyone, not even your pets!"
has me in stiches every time!

Actually, so does this
He found himself joking, "Okay, but wouldn't you rather have an Elvis impersonator and Wayne Newton as our witnesses?"
And this one always makes me go awwwwww!
"I kept them in a safe place." He shrugged. The rings were in the safest place he could think of, but also in a place where he was able to see them several times a day. "Let me show you." He led the way to the secret closet where he kept his Superman suits and said, "I wanted to keep them safe."

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Not even the fish gets to know? Or the ficus? goofy

Lunkhead Clark might be, but hurray to both of them for taking the most sensible route! laugh Looking forward to MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Features Writer
Features Writer
Alicia,
wonderful and waffy
Ignore Tank - I like the Yucky stuff
more soon please
merry

Top Banana
Top Banana
Just caught up with part 1 and 2, and wow! Wonderful, Alicia. It's so waffy *happy sigh*

I really like this idea of eloping. And Clark can be such a lunkhead <g> It takes two parts (where they actually agreed to go in part 1) and they are still not married. Though the reasons to delay are very good, and it's funny to see them both think of reasons why they really have to elope.

As I'm enjoying it very much and I have lots of spare time, bring on the next part!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YAY
Finally caught up on pts 1 and 2
Mush and marriage! A great combination
Clark is...so Clark. Always the lunkhead.
And 3 cheers for Martha hyper hyper hyper

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Thank you, Caroline, Irene, Pam, Tank, Shelley, Maria, Tricia, Rivka, Hazel, Merry, Saskia, and Jen smile . Your feedback means so much to me -- especially after a really bad day like today (as I was whining about on IRC -- it wasn't pretty).

Caroline, I didn't even realize there were that many smoochies in this part laugh .

Rivka, the first line you quoted is my favorite line in the whole story -- but it isn't my line -- it's Tricia's. It was one of her comments for the story and I thought, wow, that would sound great for Lois to say -- so, thanks, Tricia laugh .

Tank, I promise there is something for you in the next part. But for the rest of you, I promise that the wham is very short and is overcome quickly.

- Alicia laugh

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part, Alicia! I apologize for getting around to commenting this late, but RL kept me busy this weekend. I loved many of the lines already quoted and the smoochies, but I just wanted to note a couple other things I enjoyed before moving on to part 3.

Mimicking the lyrics, he sang off key, "Hey, baby, let's go to Vegas. Leave the single life behind. Hey, baby, let's go to Vegas. Bet on love and let it ride."
hee! Silly Clark! Oh, and I just wanted to say... "Viva Las Vegas, sparkling lights, dangerous living, tumblin' dice."

"I'm not Faith Hill either, Kent. You really do have a thing for blondes."
OH! Low blow, Lois! wink

Clark was not quite so lucky. Even when he was in a hurry, someone was bound to interrupt him, it seemed. This time it was Jimmy Olsen. Who else could it possibly be? Jimmy was one of his best friends, but sometimes he was very annoying!
laugh !! Jimmy would be the one to interrupt! I thought that was pretty funny. I was glad to see Clark get out of that situation in short order though!

Okay, I'm on to part 3, Alicia. Thanks for the good read!

Jana

"Don't you people have lives?!?" ~Joe on Wings

"An eternal, burning flame. Hope lives on and love remains." ~from Love Remains, by Collin Raye

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard