Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Wonderful Chapter.

I love the fact that even though Lana feels like she's his sister, she still likes what she sees, if you know what I mean. I also love Lois and Lana teaming up against him. There's just nothing like Lois conspiring with another woman to get Clark to do something.

Loved your 50,000th word. "Utopia"

Please do write a sequel.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks woody! I'm glad you liked it! laugh

If you guys want to see anything special in a sequel, let me know. This time it's going to be a little more open for discussion. hehe!

I've got plans for one that's going to explain the unexplained. And that little vignette for Laura, too. wink

But if you have requests for others, hey - I've got time on my hands and nothing would make me happier than to use it for writing. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Kerth
Kerth
Wonderful novel. I'd say that was a November well spent!

"Don't worry," Lois added. "Oh, you know what? You could also wear glasses when you're being, you know... just you. No one knows you don't need them, so they wouldn't question it at all. Trust me, glasses can change your face so much no one will ever know you're the same person."
My favourite line! Lois talking about glasses. laugh Woooooonderful.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Columnist
Columnist
I loved the story. Every word of it. It was interesting, exciting.... and I love your Lois and Clark and the way you changed the background fitted perfectly.

I would love to see a sequel and other stories too. smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
laugh thank you!!

The glasses part, I added that as an afterthought. It's not in the original story, but when I edited it, I thought it would be cool. wink But it's a little mean cause it shows just how the "real" Lois was blind... Saying glasses is a good disguise and no one will see through that, when of course she doesn't see though it on TV. And we all know glasses is really not much of a disguise at all. wink

Sequels are definitely coming. laugh

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
They had finally decided to go with spandex; that's what all the most fashionable superheroes were wearing these days.
hahahahaha!

the girls
I like this, it's very cozy and means that these women are "home" to him.

slip
Do you mean his briefs? Around here, a "slip" is a underwear a woman wears under a skirt or dress. But maybe that's just a regional thing.

"Plus, you know... you're really very sexy in that suit," she whispered in his ear.

He blushed a little and hugged her back tightly. "Now I understand why it had to be this form fitting," he said, in a husky tone.

"Okay, well... I think this is my cue to go see if anything needs to be done... you know... elsewhere," Lana told them, with a soft laugh.
I am glad that Lana isn't jealous. Or she doesn't seem to be, anyway.

Right at this moment, both of them knew - in absolute certainty - that this is where they belonged. That this is where they were meant to be. That this is what it was like to be truly and completely happy.
Sigh. Lovely.

And fabulous Tempus wrap up. Absolutely inspired.

This was a great story, Lara. Thank you!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"It, *it*. The solution," she said, as if that would explain everything. She started pacing as she spoke. "I don't know why you didn't think of that yourself. It's so obvious, it's so easy! I mean, it's going to take a little bit of work, but it's... ah, it's just perfect! This is going to work, I just know it will!"
Hehehe…

Clark moved slightly so he would be standing in front of her, stopping her from pacing any more. He grabbed her shoulders gently. "Lois, calm down. I'm not following you... You're not making any sense."
Of course not. She’s in full babble mode.

I'm telling you: it's brilliant!"
Yes, it is, Lois.

Trust me, glasses can change your face so much no one will ever know you're the same person."
Yes, they really can. Some people laugh at the idea, but they really, really can. I’ve had people not recognize me when I wear glasses because it’s such a rarity. (I usually wear contacts.) Add a super hero personality - or a different personality - and it’s not so farfetched at all. (Of course, it probably wouldn't work for people who know you really well.)

So, while they were out on bail and awaiting trial, he was still in here and facing more charges by the minute.
Don’t let him out. He’ll disappear.

For the entire time that he was being stared at, the FBI agent had not moved a muscle.
Wow, and he even intimidated Lex Luthor. Must be some kind of guy.

He would rot there for a long while -
Oh, good. Let him rot.

It was just that thinking of himself as a "superhero", like Batman... well, it was odd.
Better get used to it, bud.

He really did not want Lois to see him standing there in a slip.
In a slip? I lost you here. Has he started wearing women’s lingerie? I've never known of being anything except what women wear under a skirt or a dress.

if that someone was Lois, he was likely to "react" to her touching him and he really was not convinced that he wanted her to see such a reaction.
Well, okay, then… Can I see?

So Lana had agreed to take all the measures herself and Lois had promised to keep away and not come in to look.
Ah, shucks. I guess it’s a good idea, though.

Not to mention that although they both considered her to be his younger sister, they were in no way related and Lana was starting to have a hard time running her hands on his body and not having any reaction to that herself.
Gadfries, even a sister would recognize a hot body, wouldn’t she? (Don’t take that the wrong way.)

Wait, Lois is working on this costume. Shouldn’t she be at work? What about that story she has to write about Kathryn?

They had to start over a few times, being that they weren't exactly used to sewing at all.
Not used to sewing and they are sewing spandex? Oh, yeah, they are making lots of mistakes. Spandex is not like sewing other fabric.

and a red slip
lost you again

The cape - which he really disliked - rustled as he walked.
Ah, but Clark, I’ll bet you’ll come to love that rustle.

But what neither of them expected was that his showing up dressed like that would be so awe inspiring. They stared at him, wide-eyed and slack-jawed. He looked everything like the hero they knew he could be - and then some.
Yeah. Awe-inspiring.

Clark couldn't believe that people were actually applauding every time he came out again.
clap clap More applause.

Reporters were all over him every single time he landed, but Clark did everything he could in order to avoid them.
I bet we know who gets the exclusive!

But he didn't think he would be able to take much more of this adulation.
Bet you’ll get so you like that, too, Clark - at least a little bit.

"Oh, so no 'spending the night' with me this time around? Are you sure? Cause I was kinda starting to look forward to that," he said, winking at her suggestively.
Oh, come on, Lois. You know you really want to spend the night with him.

But no matter what he did, no matter what he threw their way, they always got out of it. They always won!
And they always will.

Would he never be able to destroy Utopia?
Well, if you are going to leave us with such a teaser, you better get back with the sequel right away.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Do you mean his briefs? Around here, a "slip" is a underwear a woman wears under a skirt or dress. But maybe that's just a regional thing.
ah... no, that just totally got lost in translation. "slip" in "French" (it's an English word, but we use it) can be used to mean any sort of undies for men - except boxers. It didn't occur to me that it wouldn't be the same in English. I'll fix it. smile Thanks!

Lana is not the least bit jealous, no. Mind you, when standing in front of him in his underwear, she would react somewhat - she's a woman, he's a drop-dead-gorgeous man and they're not related at all - but she really does see him as her big brother.

Glad you liked the fact that I brought in Tempus. I love this guy, I can't help it. hehe! I'm sure you noticed that the end of the story is the same as the beginning - he lands somewhere and hopes he's not been seen. I'll probably tell his part of the story in a sequel. Cause the first time we see him... he's nowhere near Metropolis. <wicked grin> (does anyone a line about Clark "not imagining someone" who apparently "appeared out of nowhere"? ...think about it!)

Thanks so much for the comments Lisa. smile I'm real happy you enjoyed my story!

oooohhh... Nancy, your post got in while I was typing this. sorry. smile

The scene with Lex and the FBI agent - it's inspired from something that happened here about 15 years ago. A Canadian soldier had a "staring contest" with a Mohawk warrior during the Oka Crisis in summer 1990 (too long to explain here).

Wait, Lois is working on this costume.
Unless I counted my days wrong, that scene happens on a Saturday. wink

Not used to sewing and they are sewing spandex? Oh, yeah, they are making lots of mistakes. Spandex is not like sewing other fabric.
Hehehe - I have *no* idea. I never tried. I would be messing it up pretty badly. But then... he's filthy rich, they can afford to buy more. LOL

Well, if you are going to leave us with such a teaser, you better get back with the sequel right away.
um? that was a teaser? ...egads! I didn't see it as one. It is? He's not supposed to be able to ruin Utopia, you know. hehehe! wink

Thanks for your comments, Nancy! smile Most appreciated, as always.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Unless I counted my days wrong, that scene happens on a Saturday. [Wink]
Oh, okay, I didn't know. I wondered if it was the weekend.

Yeah, I'd call that a teaser of sorts, especially since it wasn't really expanded on earlier in the story. If it had been then I might have been an ending instead. Anyway, I'm looking forward to more.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This is going to be *really* short, because i'm feeling the after-effects of last week as a mounting exhaustion....

And they had narrowed down the color palette to very bold shades of red and blue, plus a hint of yellow. Lois wasn't crazy about the yellow, but Lana wouldn't cave and so they had compromised and while the costume would have some on it, there wouldn't be much at all.
Lois doesn't like the suggestion that her hero is yellow? wink (Actually, when I was a kid, I thought that the color palette of Superman's suit was absolutely glorious. I still like it.)

While he understood the need for measurements, Clark had originally refused to go along: they wanted him to stand there in his underwear while they did it! He really did not want Lois to see him standing there in his briefs. Not yet, anyway...
Not yet, but soon? I'm all for it! smile1 smile1 smile1

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
i'm feeling the after-effects of last week as a mounting exhaustion....
Boy do I know what that's like... I was watching TV and closed my eyes for a second - I slept a full two hours. I never do that! Especially not right after *breakfast*.

Lois doesn't like the suggestion that her hero is yellow? wink (Actually, when I was a kid, I thought that the color palette of Superman's suit was absolutely glorious. I still like it.)
Oh, that was just an attempt to explain why there is so little yellow on it. smile Yellow happens to be my favorite color, so it was funny to have Lois say she didn't like it. Lana loves it, but I think if I had let her have her way, Superman would have had a costume like Wolverine. LOL!

I almost used a variation of this joke from the X-Men movie -

Wolverine: You actually go outside in these things?
Cyclops: Well, what would you prefer? Yellow spandex?

The first time I saw the film, everyone (including myself) in the movie theater was laughing like crazy. When I went to see it, the 6th time, no one (but myself) was laughing. That's how you could tell there were no fans of the comic books in the audience, just "regular" people.

Lois will get a good glimpse of Clark in his altogether very soon. Yes, yes. I'm working on it. Just give me a few days to find the words to write this. Hey, a few months ago I was too shy to write a simple kiss, so... you know... gimme a few days here. I have the scene in my head, I'm trying to put it into words.

And oh, yeah - I was certain you'd like the measuring scene, Ann. You would have liked to have been there, huh? It's giving me an idea... mmmm.... Give me a few days for this as well, OK?

(Wonder if there would be superheroes in other countries, too? Wonder if there would be one in Sweden? In Malmö? Who would that be? Hmmmm... wonder what I would look like in spandex?)
Oooooh! You keep giving me ideas! hehehehe!

Lovely! That's from Superman the Movie too, isn't it? Let's just hope that Lois did spend this new interview-night in very close physical proximity with Superman, although the degree of proximity is not something the people of Metropolis need to be told about!
Yep, the title is from Superman I -- it's the front page of the Daily Planet, the day after Superman makes his first appearance. I just *had* to use it, it was just too perfect!!

The rest... well... you'll be reading about it. wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey I am glad I gave you some naughty inspiration. I seem to be good at that! Can't wait untill she whispers in the dark. great story, I am looking forward to the rest. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard