Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35316 12/07/06 03:14 PM
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
We may know the main topic of the final part, but I'm sure you'll surprise us anyway.

I'm glad you put in that part with Lana. It gives us an alternate view of the "rescue and revelation" than the love-clouded eyes of Clark and Lois.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
We may know the main topic of the final part, but I'm sure you'll surprise us anyway.
Oh, I think so, yes. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Columnist
Columnist
Lara, I love that you posted so often, but I could barely keep up to offer you fdk! So what's the hold up on the last part, huh??? wink

I love that Lois gets a job at the Planet, and for putting Luthor away, no less. He was getting on my nerves! And I'm so glad Clark got to save Lois, like a real rescue. I wondered how long it was going to take for her to get in mortal danger.

A little note, I'm not sure if it was part 8 or 9, but I just can't see Luthor giving Lois that kind of compliment. I can't see him admitting that Lois is so much better than him.

Well, now that Lois knows everything, I can't wait to see how the story ends. I hope Lana gets a happy ending, although I'm not sure how much she's going to like Lois' "solution". It'll give her a chance to stay in one place though!

I'm anxiously awaiting the final part, Lara! I can't wait! smile

Oh, and because I didn't say it before, I'm so sorry to hear about your job. Writing fanfic may not be lucrative, but it makes all of us really happy! But good luck with any future job searching. I know how tough that can be!

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay she is in his house in ONE of his beds. Ok well whisper in the dark Lois. I would<g> Can't wait for more. Can you do an nfic version<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lara, I love that you posted so often, but I could barely keep up to offer you fdk! So what's the hold up on the last part, huh??? wink
hehehe! It's hard to resist not to post the next parts right away once I've got one up. It was all written and done a few days before I even started posting at all, so it's not like anyone needs to wait until I write the next part. *lol*

Last part I'm saving for TGIF. hehehe! (hey, it's not midnight here yet... LOL)

A little note, I'm not sure if it was part 8 or 9, but I just can't see Luthor giving Lois that kind of compliment. I can't see him admitting that Lois is so much better than him.
Yeah, probably not, huh? Part 8, I think. Before he has her thrown off the railing. I'll go look at it in the morning and maybe edit it a little. wink

Writing fanfic may not be lucrative, but it makes all of us really happy!
Well.... it makes *me* happy too, so expect more in the future. laugh Thanks for the good wishes, I appreciate it!

Yay she is in his house in ONE of his beds. Ok well whisper in the dark Lois. I would<g> Can't wait for more. Can you do an nfic version<g>
Hehehe! naughty girl! (mind you, I'd whisper too! I'd whisper something real suggestive, just to make sure he rushed over. <g>)
I could add a little nfic vignette to this - it would be very easy to fit in at the end of the last part... blush Give me a couple days and a little bit of wrapping paper and I'll see if I can make a Christmas present out of it. wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lana had just about gone out her mind with anger when she had learned that Clark had not only gone out there and used his powers, but that Lois now knew that he had them. He tried to calm her down, but none of what he told her worked, in fact it had just made her angrier by the minute.
Oh, calm down, Lana. She’s not going to hurt Clark.

"Um... I was just going to say 'not from Earth'. 'Alien' sounds awful and scary, like that movie with Sigourney Weaver. Have you seen it? You shouldn't call yourself that! I mean, I don't know what other aliens are supposed to be like, cause I don't know any personally. Do you? Anyway, you're nothing like what they show in the movies. You're nice and caring and... well, you look a heck of a lot better than they do! Not that you need me to tell you that, I'm sure. But, you know... You really shouldn't use that word, Clark. It really doesn't work for you at all."
Full babble mode.

Why does Clark say that they only reason that Lana’s parents were on the plane was because of him?

For some minutes, Lois stared blankly at the coffee table, thinking up different solutions. None of which seemed likely to have any chance of working.
Come on, Lois. Think about Batman. You just met someone pretending to be him who of course really was him.

Besides, how could he explain to her that even though he had met her less than a week ago, he felt like he'd always known her. That when he was with her, he actually felt like he fit in. Really fit in. And that she was the first person - the only person - to ever make him feel like he belonged anywhere.
Awww…

She eventually closed the door and let herself fall on the bed, not bothering to slip under the covers. She had to find a way to prevent him from leaving, she knew. She just had to.
Oh, you will, Lois. You will.

I think I agree about Luthor not giving Lois a compliment.

Give me a couple days and a little bit of wrapping paper and I'll see if I can make a Christmas present out of it.
Cute. You have a nice way with words...

And you know I certainly understand the job situation. I've been unemployed for what seems like forever.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Why does Clark say that they only reason that Lana’s parents were on the plane was because of him?
Because. wink

Screams "sequel", doesn't it? I promise I'll explain that along with the other things that aren't in this story. Lancaster and Capetown and anything else you want to know about. smile

Come on, Lois. Think about Batman. You just met someone pretending to be him who of course really was him.
Shhhh! you're going to spoil the surprise!!!

I think I agree about Luthor not giving Lois a compliment.
Okies, then. I'll go fix that a little later today. smile

Give me a couple days and a little bit of wrapping paper and I'll see if I can make a Christmas present out of it.
Cute. You have a nice way with words...
awww! thank you! that's so sweet of you to say. smile

I've got a candle here marked "wishes for a job" - I'll light it for you as well. smile I hope you find something soon!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've got a candle here marked "wishes for a job" - I'll light it for you as well. [Smile] I hope you find something soon!
Thanks. I need that.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I so much love love love your story, Lara. I had barely time to keep up with it, let alone continue my own. There are so many wonderful scenes in it! I'm truly glad that Clark hasn't gotten the idea yet that Lois only wants him because he's rich. Just for once you spared us this trouble. Thank you!!! party

I'm looking forward to your next post.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Columnist
Columnist
So I feel like an idiot:

I was so into the story that I just breezed through the whole Batman/Bruce Wayne thing without even thinking. I was a little confused as to why Bruce Wayne wasn't Batman and just thought that maybe this was a different take on it where they weren't the same person. Completely forgot that we were looking at it from Lois' perspective and that its not exactly common knowlegde. Oops. blush

~Kristen

Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm truly glad that Clark hasn't gotten the idea yet that Lois only wants him because he's rich.
Oh, God forbid - I couldn't stand her being so shallow! She liked him when she thought he was the groundskeeper anyway. Like she liked him as Superman before she knew he was Clark - the point is she always likes him no matter what his identity is and it's never for his powers or, in this case, his money, it's because he's *him*. He's the guy she's supposed to be with. At the risk of sounding absolutely corny, he completes her. wink

When do I get the next story with Becca, btw? huh? huh? hehehe! Oh and did you notice I left you FDK on Eight Seconds? laugh

Hey Kristen - don't feel bad. Some parts of this are confusing cause they get explained only later anyway. And the whole Batman thing was really just a dumb joke - Bruce Wayne would so not ever show up as Batman at a party, it's so ridiculous. LOL!

Columnist
Columnist
True, but remember the best place to hide is in plain site! wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And the whole Batman thing was really just a dumb joke - Bruce Wayne would so not ever show up as Batman at a party, it's so ridiculous. LOL!
Oh, I can so see playboy Bruce doing this.

It reminds me of the fic where Clark went to a party dressed as Superman - in a 'real' Superman suit. His mother made it special and it was about four sizes too big. (No, I don't remember the name of it.)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, I can so see playboy Bruce doing this.
Really? ...ok, well, I think I need to go back and read some more Batman comics. LOL

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
What a lovely, warm chapter.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Just some short FDK here....

"Um... I was just going to say 'not from Earth'. 'Alien' sounds awful and scary, like that movie with Sigourney Weaver.
Yeah, well... Clark sure is prettier than the aliens from Alien. He's prettier than Sigourney Weaver, too. wink

"What?" she asked.

"Nothing," he said. "You're kinda babbling," he added as he saw the air of disbelief in her face.

Her eyebrows shot up and she was about to voice a protest, but he continued before she had a chance to speak. "I just think it's sexy," he said.
Wow, that's progress. Clark is telling Lois she is sexy. wink

"Slow down..." he laughed softly. "I won't exactly turn into a pumpkin at midnight, you know.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers?

"Lois? You've gone off to far-far-away land again..."

"I'm sorry... I was just thinking," she told him. "What was it you were saying? Empty rooms?"

He laughed softly. "Empty guest rooms," he explained. "Lots of them. If you'd rather not stay all alone in your apartment, that is."
Stay in an empty room? wouldn't it be nicer to share a room? (All right, all right, I know, I know. It's way, way, way too soon....)

"Clark?" She walked over to where he stood and took one of his hands in hers. "No matter what else you are - or what you *think* you are - you're a good, kind man. You went out of your way tonight, exposing a secret you've been hiding all your life, to come to the rescue of someone who has the power to tell the whole world who you are; in big bold letters, to boot. If that's not a selfless act, then I don't know what is."

"See, that's just where you're wrong. That wasn't the least bit selfless, Lois. That was actually very, very selfish." He sighed. "When I heard you... and I realized what was going on, I didn't stop to think about anyone other than myself. I even completely ignored every promise I had ever made to Lana; all I could think of was how much worse my life would be if..."
He was thinking how much worse his life would be if... if Lois died. So that's why he couldn't help himself, why he had to save her. That's lovely.

He slowly slipped his hand out of hers and pulled her into a tight hug. "I'm really glad you didn't turn out to be a cat," he whispered.

She giggled softly. "So am I," she whispered back.
Sweet... but I wouldn't have minded if Lois had come with a cat.

He held her in silence for a few minutes. How he had managed to find her, he would probably never know, but right at this moment he knew that this is where he belonged. With her. She was the one person who made his world make sense. The one person he'd been waiting for his entire life. The one person with whom he could find happiness.
Aaaawwww........

Lovely chapter, Lara.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really? ...ok, well, I think I need to go back and read some more Batman comics. LOL
We rarely get to see humorous Bruce or anything but the 'Dark Knight' personality in the comics, but once in a while, he does show up.

He's prettier than Sigourney Weaver, too. [Wink]
Oh, my gosh, Ann, I laughed out loud.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, well... Clark sure is prettier than the aliens from Alien. He's prettier than Sigourney Weaver, too. wink
No kidding!!!

I dunno about you guys, but on a scale from one to "drop dead gorgeous" he scores so high above, the indicator is half-way into space.

I easily rate him as the best looking human being on the planet - and then some.

Not sure about the refrence to Invasion of the Body Snatchers... I don't know the movie. Well, I've heard the title of course.

Stay in an empty room? wouldn't it be nicer to share a room? (All right, all right, I know, I know. It's way, way, way too soon....)
It would have been too soon then, yes. But... I'm working on getting them there. Yes, I am.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard