Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35304 12/07/06 07:32 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
If you read the last chapter and you're still reading this, then you don't need any more warnings
Vicious is thy middle name, oh Princess of Angst.

but I think the word you want is 'animalistic'. Do you want a Beta?

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#35305 12/07/06 08:11 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, you two and your torture Clark stories. It's a good thing Lara is posting her story to give us a break from the angst so it doesn't overwhelm.

That said, I think you are doing a wonderful job with this.

This kind of reminds me of a conversation in Just Another Undercover Assignment, by Wendy, only Dr. Lane thought Superman was a cyborg and wanted to examine him because of that. But it just gives me shivers to think off examining CK for the good of science, giving no regard to his physical or emotional feelings.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#35306 12/07/06 09:31 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Happiness...soon...please! grovel

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#35307 12/07/06 03:24 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Are you offering, Dandello? I'm not too familiar with how a beta works, exactly (this is, after all, my first fic), but pm me and we can chat up a storm about it...or at least about our newest strategies in making our readers scream their eyes out. Yours (in "Lois and Cl-Kal-El") is working quite well, I assure you.

"And we can rule the galaxy!"

Hm. Star Wars moment. What will happen when the angst queen and the Raven of Doom gather together and conspire? Who knows? eek

SmirkyRaven

#35308 12/07/06 03:37 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
hail Oh be kind to us and spare us tha angst of your alliance. We bow to your greatness hail

Seriously, if you do pair up, don't be too hard on us. At least there would be only one tearjerking story at a time. Though the current too are excellent, it seems like you read one and you feel like as much angst as there is, you can handle it. Then the other one comes in with more, and you have to breathe deeply a bit and remind yourself it will be okay.

It will be okay, right? Right?

(Great stories)

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#35309 12/08/06 04:43 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Life is Pain (Anyone Who Says Otherwise is Selling Something)
Nice Princess Bride quote!

She was drawing the line here, if she had to use this little doctor’s blood to mark its place.
This is a seriously good line.

Heart wrenching.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#35310 12/09/06 06:29 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
But she could not allow this. She pulled every ounce of her Mad-Dog Lois Lane persona together and leaned forward. Her expression was terrifying even as her eyes were stained from tears of inner torment—or perhaps even more so. She was drawing the line here, if she had to use this little doctor’s blood to mark its place.
OH! That just meow! I love the description of her Maddogness coming out and the limit she so desperatley drew hoping she could win another small battle.

They called to her, told her she needed to stand—that they were taking Superman back to the white room. She didn’t hear them, only felt the cruel hands that tried to pry her away from him—the only other living being in this vague and faded world. She fought, but it was weak and animalic—without skill or even logical goal, and they easily overcame her. They held her back from Superman as they wheeled the bed in front of her, and her legs moved mechanically—though she leaned unconsciously forward so that the guard was half-carrying her as they stepped out the door, down the hall, and into the white room.

All she had eyes for was him.
Wow, that got me.
Will they win the war in the next chapter????

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard