Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35282 12/07/06 05:49 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I have to keep it short, but I'll be back later. What I want to tell you: It's awesome!

I loved the many relevations Clark dumped on Lois. And the way she took care of Kathryn and Timmy. And the way she quit and hired with the Planet.
In fact, I loved absolutely everything about your story.

Is there a reason to come back? I think I've said everything necessary.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, Lara, this is just awesome! I loved the revelation. Lois hasn't realized that it was indeed Clark when she thought she saw his reflection outside of her apartment.

I loved this line, from Margot Kidder in the Christopher Reeve Superman movie:

"You... you've got me?" she looked around. They were floating in mid-air! What in the Sam Hill was going on around here? "Who... who's got you?!" she asked, completely panicked.
Please keep this coming! Brava! This isabsolutely fabulous!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
awww!! Have I told you how much I love you guys for leaving me feedback like this?

I'm almost looking forward to being unemployed and having more time to write. LOL!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
awww!! Have I told you how much I love you guys for leaving me feedback like this?

I'm almost looking forward to being unemployed and having more time to write. LOL!
It's good to know we can make a little difference. Who knows? Maybe you should turn professional.

Merriwether
Merriwether
I loved Lois going back to the Planet, but just wondering if you could explain how Perry knows she didn't "spend the night" with him, because at the beginning you said something about Perry not liking her attempt to get the job using her looks.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
[...] how Perry knows she didn't "spend the night" with him.
Perhaps by simply reading the interview? It should show that there are no personal questions involved.

Besides, Perry knows the biz, and he sure as heck knows the Star. He didn't become editor in chief because he can yodel, you know? (I know you do.)

Merriwether
Merriwether
That's what I was thinking. That Lara's going on Perry's intuition about what really happened.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The first time, I just said he wasn't impressed with her physique - not that she had used it to try and impress him. She just barged him and had told him how he absolutely needed to hire her. Preston Carpenter had seen that she was pretty and decided to hire her based as much on the fact that she was pretty as the fact that she had guts.

Perry... well, seeing as though he would not give Clark a job right off the bat in the pilot - why would he give it to someone who's fresh out of college? That would not have made sense either, right? He's not interested in how his reporters look, anyway - simply that they can do the job and do it well. And having initiative is something he would recognize for sure. (same as he did when Clark came in with the article about the theatre)

No matter what the title of the article is, though - it's plainly obvious it's just a way to sell papers, right. Obviously the article talks only about the man's work, it's not the least bit gossipy. He's mostly going on the fact that she's managed to land the interview. And of course, the fact that she's told him she was working on a story that could be huge - and this, even though she doesn't even have a job. Meaning this girl has it in her blood, she sees a story and she runs with it; she'll worry about getting someone to print it later. Instead of having a desk job and waiting for assignments to come and being dumb and lazy like Lex Luthor. wink

Blogger
Blogger
Lara, you've got me hooked! For the last few days I've been checking for updates the moment I have access to a computer. If I have even 15 minutes free time while on campus, I'll go to a computer lab to check. I love this! I love how Clark is so sweet and shy. I love how this Lois is a kinder version while still being a crazy, risk-taking reporter.

One question: what is Lana's relationship with Clark? I'm a bit confused on that score. I know she's his secretary, but what's their relationship beyond that? Just friends, once dated, or something I haven't thought of?

Wonderful, fantastic, amazingly addicting story, Lara! Can't wait for the next part!

Jen

Wash: Everything looks good from here...Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land." I think we should call it "your grave!" Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lara, it's a shame I haven't left FDK for the previous parts, [Linked Image] but I want to let you know I'm reading your awesome story. I caught up with your posting in the part 4, and I fell in love with this story. It's the kind of story that I love the most: sweet, romantic and WAFFy. [Linked Image]

I've just read parts 7 and 8 and I thought I'd put to use my rare spare time. I called in sick today because I woke up with a terribly stomach bug and fever. I took medicaments and now the fever is under control, so I gathered up strenght to leave my bed. [Linked Image]

Enough of babbling. laugh I didn't write FDK for part 7, then I need to say I loved Clark taking the initiative and kissing Lois. I melted in goo. [Linked Image] What a fairy-tale dream coming true for Lois. And Clark was so lonely. My heart was hurting for him since the beginning of the story. I'm so happy they finally got to know each other and acted on their feelings!!! thumbsup

Half an hour later, she emerged, still red in the face and with pure unadulterated anger shining in her eyes. She picked up a few files from her desk and stormed out of the newsroom without stopping to look behind even once. That was it; she would never be going back to the Metropolis Star ever again.
She deserves better than that rag and Lex.

Kathryn fell to the floor, frightened and worried. Her life had just turned into a nightmare. Her baby had been kidnapped! In all the worst-case scenarios that she had ever imagined, things never went so wrong. This was even worse than anything she had ever thought possible.
Poor Kathryn! [Linked Image]

"Well, something is definitely wrong! Come on, you can't stay on the street like this, especially not in this part of town. Would you like some coffee? There's a place not very far that we can go. I'm Lois, by the way."

"Kathryn. Coffee sounds good," she told her through her tears. "Thank you."
But it's her lucky day.

When Lois came out of Perry White's office, she had a wonderful new job, an assignment she was more than looking forward to working on and a bright smile on her face.
It put a bright smile on my face, too. [Linked Image]

Unfortunately, on her way to where Lex was sure to be, she came face to face with a nasty looking thug who was standing in a hallway, guarding the entrance. How he had managed to get there without her noticing him before was a mystery... But he'd done it. And now she was pretty much done for.
Uh-oh. eek

When the impact did come, it felt a lot softer than what she had imagined. It didn't even hurt. Lois guessed she had been killed so instantly that she hadn't even realized it. And there was an afterlife, it seemed, for she appeared to still be able to have thoughts. Too bad she couldn't go back and write about that.
LOL! Always the reporter.

"Are you... uh... are you my guardian angel?" she continued. She didn't believe in angels, of course, but... well, up until now she would never have believed that a man could fly, either. Because that's what she had seen him do, she was absolutely sure of it. This man could *fly* of his very own power!
You are in for many surprises, Lois.

"There may be some hope for me yet," Clark whispered to himself, grinning from ear to ear.
Awwwww... [Linked Image] I want more! hyper

Lara, I'm sorry about your job. [Linked Image] But at least you'll have time for writing these wonderful stories and we'll here to read them and cheer you up. [Linked Image] And I hope you get a better job. At times things happen for better, even if it doesn't seem so at the moment. sloppy Good luck!

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Columnist
Columnist
i love it so much. I am addicted to it. I wake up and check for a new part and after work I do the same. Wow. You have me totally hooked.

I am so sorry about your job Lara but I DO love your stories.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you so much!!

Jen - the relationship between Lana and Clark is going to be explained properly in part 9. smile It should clear up most questions, but since people have asked to read about what went on in Lancaster and Capetown and all that - I'm planning to write about those. I'm not sure what form that will have yet, but I'll be writing it for sure. smile

Andreia - I'm so sorry you've been sick. I hope you feel better real soon!! I love the little smileys you've used, btw - they totally crack me up! If you think it was sweet and romatic before, wait until you read the next two parts. Hehehe! There are a few really WAFFy moments in them. The bit about the selfless act ...and when they talk about the cat again. You should enjoy those. smile

Thanks Tahu - I'm glad you're enjoying this!!

Part 9 is coming shortly. It's the longest one, but more than half of it is spent on one scene with just Lois and Clark. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So I come to the board today - my first chance - and find not one part but two. Oh, how lovely!!!

Lex Luthor was waiting for her, looking all smug; sitting on her chair, with his feet propped up on her desk.
Waiting to try to take partial credit, no doubt.

"Yeah, I'll bet you worked your butt off! And the rest of that little body of yours, too.
Sleaze.

Did your clothes get ripped out in a fit of passion
Did your clothes get ripped off in a fit of passion

That was it; she would never be going back to the Metropolis Star ever again.
Good for you, Lois.

He still needed to find the source of the leak, however. And once he did, he promised himself that he would make whoever it was endure their worst nightmare!
Oh, no…

"Well, something is definitely wrong! Come on, you can't stay on the street like this, especially not in this part of town. Would you like some coffee? There's a place not very far that we can go. I'm Lois, by the way."
Always in the right spot, aren’t you, Lois?

even one from Clark saying pretty much the same. She smiled and shook her head as she had the hardest time trying to imagine him placing a simple phone call.
Bet it was hard for him.

Loved the whole bit where Clark caught Lois.

He smiled. "No, Lois. You're still very much alive. Don't worry, I've got you."

"You... you've got me?" she looked around. They were floating in mid-air! What in the Sam Hill was going on around here? "Who... who's got you?!" she asked, completely panicked.
Hehe… And here I was beginning to think you weren’t going to do that. But of course you would. It’s one of your favorites.

As she saw him taking off again, this time at incredible speed, Lois' legs gave out from under her and she lost consciousness. When she came to again, he was standing over her, clearly concerned.
Totally shocked. Well, who wouldn’t be?

Lois looked at him with an expression of surprise and fright, as if he had just informed her that Martians had just landed and were about to go hunting for dinner. The thought almost made him laugh... Man hunting Martians; right!
Martian: A generic term that can be used for anyone who's never had a Big Mac - bet Clark's had a Big Mac so he wouldn't qualify.

Timmy looked up at Clark, amazed. "Are you Peter Pan?" he asked, his eyes wide in admiration.

"No, I'm not Peter Pan," Clark said with an amused grin. "Let's get you back to your mommy, OK?"
Haha… He should have told him he *was* Peter Pan.

"There may be some hope for me yet," Clark whispered to himself, grinning from ear to ear.
Yes, Clark, I think there is.

Perry... well, seeing as though he would not give Clark a job right off the bat in the pilot - why would he give it to someone who's fresh out of college? That would not have made sense either, right?
My understanding is that Lois did get the job right out of college (on the show anyway), but I assume that was because she had done an internship there. But it that canon? Or fanon?

Off to read the next part.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nancy!! smile Thanks for pointing out the "typo" - I'll fix that right away.

Hehe… And here I was beginning to think you weren’t going to do that. But of course you would. It’s one of your favorites.
Yep. Favorite indeed. smile

Lois looked at him with an expression of surprise and fright, as if he had just informed her that Martians had just landed and were about to go hunting for dinner. The thought almost made him laugh... Man hunting Martians; right!
Martian: A generic term that can be used for anyone who's never had a Big Mac - bet Clark's had a Big Mac so he wouldn't qualify.
Mmmm.... ok - I have two questions...
A) can you explain what you mean, cause I'm not following very well (read: not at all...) maybe I'm just tired.
B) how is it that no one has suggested I should bring out the oreos? I thought you would catch that one... put it in there after talking cookies with you, you know. wink

My understanding is that Lois did get the job right out of college (on the show anyway), but I assume that was because she had done an internship there. But it that canon? Or fanon?
In one ep from S4, Perry does say she started out as a research assistant, yep. I would guess she was an intern, too. In this case, she's trying to be a reporter from day one, though so he might not have hired her for that straight off the bat.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mmmm.... ok - I have two questions...
A) can you explain what you mean, cause I'm not following very well (read: not at all...) maybe I'm just tired.
B) how is it that no one has suggested I should bring out the oreos? I thought you would catch that one... put it in there after talking cookies with you, you know.
In Battleground Earth, Colonel Cash says this bit about the Martians:

COLONEL CASH:
I'll tell you what's goin' on. We've got a wacko Martian on our hands and he's gotta be taken out!

TREY/CHING
Martian?

COLONEL CASH
A generic term for anyone who's never had a Big Mac.
Yes, I caught the Martian bit. I knew *you* knew I’d be thinking about Oreos.

In one ep from S4, Perry does say she started out as a research assistant, yep. I would guess she was an intern, too. In this case, she's trying to be a reporter from day one, though so he might not have hired her for that straight off the bat.
Yep.

Now, it's after midnight (your time zone, too), so bring part 10.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In Battleground Earth, Colonel Cash says this bit about the Martians:
ooooh! thanks for the reminder. I have swiss cheese for a brain, but even then, I blocked that awful episode from memory, so... wink

Yes, I caught the Martian bit. I knew *you* knew I’d be thinking about Oreos.
Well, I hoped you would, seeing as though I put it in just for you. hehehe! smile

Now, it's after midnight (your time zone, too), so bring part 10.
It's coming, it's coming! laugh

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
She picked up a few files from her desk and stormed out of the newsroom without stopping to look behind even once. That was it; she would never be going back to the Metropolis Star ever again.
Thank goodness!

Another was the sandy-haired waitress at the diner where he and the burly man had had most of their meetings. Rethinking about the last conversation they'd had over lunch there, Lex was just about certain that he had his answer...
oh, bad, bad, bad.

The man with the octopus hands.
Why does she call him this?

Yea, Lois has a job at the Planet. The way it should be.

You just couldn't resist could you, Lara? smile

Maybe she *had* died after all and this was a sick joke from the powers that be
LOL!

Great, *great* chapter.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Kathryn calls Lex "the man with the octopus hands/arms" because she doesn't know his name. And because he keeps letting his hands wander all over her. wink

You just couldn't resist could you, Lara? smile
hehe! Nope. The whole scene was based on the fact that I wanted to use that quote to begin with. LOL! I'm such a geek!!!

smile Glad you liked this chapter, Lisa! thanks!!

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lara, this week I have had barely any time at all to even read fanfic, let alone comment, so I'm way, way behind. (And I won't have time to catch up on everything, sorry.... frown )

But here's some short FDK on part 8 of your story. I loved how Lois slapped Lex, screamed at the editor of the Star and decided never to work for that paper again. YAY!!!!! smile1 goofy

"Am I dead?" she asked, feeling rather stupid that she actually had to ask in order to be certain.

He smiled. "No, Lois. You're still very much alive. Don't worry, I've got you."

More references to Superman the Movie!!! laugh

Okay... J'on J'onnz made a semi-appearance. wink

Lois just gaped at him, unable to process any thoughts. How could he do those things? Who in God's name was this man? She could tell he wasn't dangerous - something deep inside her told her she was safe with him, that she could trust him with her life, even. But she wasn't able to make heads of tails of what was going on. Maybe she *had* died after all and this was a sick joke from the powers that be; a test of some kind. For what, she had no idea, but it seemed like the only plausible explanation for all of this.
Interesting that Lois is so shocked at Clark's abilities. Maybe he is more shocking because he is dressed as an ordinary man, as Clark Kent? Maybe he is easier to accept somehow when he demonstrates his abilities dressed as Superman? Yeah, well, that could be it... so that is the real purpose of the suit, somehow. To separate the abilities from the man and dress the abilities in a cape and spandex.

Timmy looked up at Clark, amazed. "Are you Peter Pan?" he asked, his eyes wide in admiration.
Aaawwww... that's so sweet and funny.

Go on, get him to his mom and call the police. I'll just be... around.
And we need a reference to Superman Returns too, surely? goofy

"Thank you, Clark," Lois said, looking up at him in awe. She took a step forward and kissed him softly on the cheek before running off with Timmy in the direction of the entrance to her apartment building.

Yes, she's gone from asking *what* Clark is to kissing him on the cheek - that's a heck of an improvement. smile

Great chapter, Lara!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Ann! I know I started posting parts of this at super speed... they were begging me for it and sending nasty little pole-dudes after me... *lol*

Was Clark the one who had been making all those telephone calls?
No, making the one call was strange enough for him. hehe! Most people left messages. The others were reporters and leaving a message saying "I want a quote from you" sounded just too odd... I would never have done that when I worked as a reporter - well, unless I was calling someone's place of business or they expected me to call. Not someone's home to get gossip. wink

Couldn't help the reference to Superman the Movie - especially *that* one!!

J'on J'onzz just wrote himself in there. hehe! I originally had written "as if he had just informed her that Martians had invaded Earth" and then I thought... why not try and add a little reference to Martian Manhunter. LOL!

And yes, you caught the reference to Superman Returns as well.

I love doing that, you know, subtle (well, not all are subtle!) references to other fun things. They do that on Smallville a lot actually and I always think it's cute, it's like a challenge to get them all. hehe!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard