Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow that was some goodbye kiss. I like where this is going. More soon! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She wasn't certain if she should take that as a sign that he showed very little interest in her or simply that he didn't want to encourage her into asking him for the same type of details which she had agreed not to talk about tonight.
Oh, he’s interested, Lois. He’s definitely interested.

They sat near the fire after dinner.
Cozy, I hope.

any normal human female would have been
Oh, yeah… He’s pretty hot.

but when he was around her, at that moment, he knew that this is exactly where he was supposed to be. Somehow, he was supposed to be with her.
Awww…

I didn't actually have all these adventures.
Yeah, I bet, Clark.

This was it. The interview was over. The evening was over.
No, no, no. Not yet!!

"Please don't finish that thought," he whispered, with a concerned expression.
Try to kiss her, Clark!!

She looked up at him and, for a second, he thought he might drown in those soft brown eyes.
Oh, me, too…

It felt like floodgates had just opened up inside each of them. For several long minutes, they shared kiss upon kiss, caught as they were in a whirlwind of emotions that neither thought they could ever experience.
Oh, wow…. Sigh.

soul shattering kiss
Ooh. I like this.

where they would life happily ever after.
where they would live happily ever after.

The front page of the Star seemed to scream at her, in the biggest and boldest type Lois had ever seen on a newspaper before. They had changed the title of her story into "I spent the night with Clark Kent". Under that was a subtitle in a much smaller font, which read "An exclusive interview by Lois Lane".
Snakes. Should have talked to ‘Elvis’, Lois.

"You see? That's what I was trying to tell you. I'm so... so very sorry. It was supposed to be my big break and now it's ruined, everything is ruined! I'm... ah, damn!"
Aww… Poor Lois.

I loved Clark’s reaction. If she hadn’t been there to explain, though, he might not have been so understanding, I bet.

More, more, more, more....

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Blogger
Blogger
The front page of the Star seemed to scream at her, in the biggest and boldest type Lois had ever seen on a newspaper before. They had changed the title of her story into "I spent the night with Clark Kent". Under that was a subtitle in a much smaller font, which read "An exclusive interview by Lois Lane".
*snort* nice touch.

I think that Lois should resign from the Star in protest and go join the Planet!

"I don't know Mom; it's a bomb stain." -Clark Kent
Merriwether
Merriwether
I vote for that too. This article should prove her worth to the Planet. If she can convince Perry that the sleaze wasn't her idea, I think he'd hire her on the spot. Maybe a recommendation from a certain Clark Kent would help?

Please tell me you'll be writing a sequel because I just don't see how this can be wrapped up in 3 parts.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
They had changed the title of her story into "I spent the night with Clark Kent". Under that was a subtitle in a much smaller font, which read "An exclusive interview by Lois Lane".
I swear I have no time to write this now, but.... Lara, you're killing me!!!! rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Is this funny or is this funny? Isn't this the most darlingly funny take on "Superman the Movie", where Lois got an interview with Superman, and the Daily Planet printed it all over the front page under the headline, "I Spent the Night With Superman"? Oh, yes, Lara. You bet it is!!!! rotflol rotflol rotflol

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
I must agree here. Way too funny! rotflol rotflol rotflol

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
awwww!!! Thank you so much! I love you guys - I'm smiling from ear to ear. smile

That was a pretty nice goodbye kiss, wasn't it? I could so see it in my head. mmm!! smile

You will see Elvis again, I promise you will. smile And there's a scene in part 8 where Lex gets what's coming to him. I *love* it!

If she hadn’t been there to explain, though, he might not have been so understanding, I bet.
Actually... my first idea had him reading the article on his own and being pissed at her and then her having to try and "win him back". But then, I realized that it would be out of character for her not to flip out about something like that - especially since she's falling for him and she realizes how easy it would be to jeopardize this relationship.

Please tell me you'll be writing a sequel because I just don't see how this can be wrapped up in 3 parts.
I will be - because I'll be unemployed and bored in January, so I'm going to write about all the things I didn't have time to explain in this story... But, it does wrap up in 3 parts. Maybe it wraps up quickly and a bit out of character - you'll have to tell me - but it does end at part 10, on the 50,000th word. wink

Is this funny or is this funny? Isn't this the most darlingly funny take on "Superman the Movie", where Lois got an interview with Superman, and the Daily Planet printed it all over the front page under the headline, "I Spent the Night With Superman"? Oh, yes, Lara. You bet it is!!!!
Hehehe! Ann -- that one was just for you. It's the little inside joke that I said at the beginning if I explained it, you were likely to hit me. LOL! (There's going to be another one in part 8, so look out for it. I could NOT resist putting that one in, it's my absolute favorite quote of all times.)

Going to post part 8 very shortly. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I must say that the premise hadn't really appealed to me all that much, but once I started reading, I was reminded that I shouldn't judge without at least reading a bit! I love the story!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to reading the next parts!

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
awwww! thank you Cristina! smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I must say that the premise hadn't really appealed to me all that much, but once I started reading, I was reminded that I shouldn't judge without at least reading a bit! I love the story!!!!!!!!
Exactly. This should be true of all stories.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Lois didn't dare ask anything personal for fear of the interview being over before it had even started.
She doesn't know yet that CK would never throw her out!

Clark had never really believed in fate or destiny - it always seemed like a very pessimistic way of seeing the world -
Interesting. Care to elaborate?

"Ah, well... it must have been some disappointment to see me there instead of a cute little creature."

"Quite the opposite," she replied, the words coming out of her mouth faster than her brain could analyze them. Her eyes grew wide as she realized what she'd just said. "Oh... I didn't mean... I wasn't... Uh..."

"You don't have to explain," he said softly. "I'm glad you didn't turn out to be a cat either, you know."
So wonderfully waffy.

"I hope you don't think I'm being too forward," he said softly as he leaned in closer to her. A mere second later, his lips covered hers and he was kissing her, gently at first, then more fervently as she leaned into him and returned the kiss just as ardently.
oh, yummy.

They had changed the title of her story into "I spent the night with Clark Kent". Under that was a subtitle in a much smaller font, which read "An exclusive interview by Lois Lane".
Ah, nice homage to the Donner film. Awkward situation for Lois, though.

Lois looked up and tried to smile. "I'm sor... sorry," she hiccupped between ragged breaths. She bent down to pick up the newspaper and handed it over to him. "I didn't know... they would pri... print it... like that," she explained. "I'm so sorry."
If he is mad, surely he will forgive her considering how distressed she obviously is.

"They sure know how to sell papers," he said, shaking his head and still laughing.
Or not being mad at all is even better.

Sweet scene with Kathryn and Timmy.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark had never really believed in fate or destiny - it always seemed like a very pessimistic way of seeing the world -
Interesting. Care to elaborate?
I think he might have said something to the effect that he doesn't belive in fate (and/or destiny) himself in an episode... possibly in a conversation with Star? I'm absolutely not sure, though, it's just a feeling.

Either way, the thing is that if everything is already decided, then no matter what you do it's going to happen anyway, right? So, why bother trying to do anything, to change who you are or change the world, why not just wait for destiny to happen since it's going to anyhow. If it's all decided in advance, why are we even here - none of our actions actually matter in such a case; it's all mapped out and we have no influence over anything.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard