Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Interesting idea.

So, Clark is Superman, and Lex is disappearing...to be a crime lord?

Can't wait to see where you go with this.

Since you've already finished the story, I guess none of us will be able to influence it. Which means I can be purely an observer. Whoopee.

wildguy wants you to post again soon.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lara, I have so little time to comment, but I just have to say... it was beautifully, beautifully written!

I love your portrait of young Lois Lane. You said you wanted to write Lois the way we know and love her, and believe me... you did!!!! Her self-confidence, her optimism, her determination... ah, her decision that she is going to interview Clark Kent, whatever it will cost! And she is partnered with Lex Luthor, whom she really dislikes! (You know, I hope she will go on disliking him.)

And Clark Kent the billionaire recluse writes fascinating novels - loved that excerpt, Lara! - and he has dedicated his first book to Lana, who may be identical to his assistant, Lana Lang, who for all we know may be more than his assistant (I hope not!!!).

Oh, fascinating! Fascinating! And so well written. I'm really, really looking forward to more, Lara! smile1 smile1 smile1

Ann

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I love this idea, Lara!!! Like Ann I hope that Lana isn't the woman Clark loves. Well, we all know she isn't. You know what I mean.

I really like your writing and I#m curious how this story will develop.

It's brilliant so far.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Lara! I've missed you. I was wondering where you were hiding, but of course, it was November! And I am so glad that you chose to write an LnC novel.

This a great premise. You have thrown wonderful dollops of intrigue and humor. I am hooked, when do we get the next part? (since you've already finished it, after all...) laugh

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OMG! I didn't expect to get this much feedback so quickly. Thank you *so* much! smile

Since this story is all written, you won't be able to influence it, no... but on the bright side, it'll be posted fairly quickly. (A new part every day or so, so people actually have time to read them before the next is up. hehehe!)

So, Clark is Superman, and Lex is disappearing...to be a crime lord?
Where else would he go? LOL! I just thought it was hilarious that I could make him dissapear to take care of business - it kept Lois' life that much similar, too.

I love your portrait of young Lois Lane. You said you wanted to write Lois the way we know and love her, and believe me... you did!!!!
/me smiling from ear to ear. Ann, this is the best compliment I could ever hope for - especially coming from a die-hard Lois fan like you. *Thank you!*

I can just imagine little Lois Lane writing about missing sign posts in her neighborhood. hehehe! I love that part, it's pretty cool. If I may say so myself. smile

Lex and Lana... um... Well, you know. This is me writing this: the girl who would want nothing better than to erase Lex from the whole entire universe. I think you can guess what's going to happen to that guy. And Lana, well, she is more than Clark's assistant, but this is all I'll say for now. You'll find out more about her in the next part and the whole entire story on her eventually as well.

*hint, hint* I would suggest you pay attention to Clark's novel. I hope this isn't too big of a spoiler for anyone, but the book is very autobiographical. Very. You'll get more of it along the way. smile

Oh, and while there are any in this part, you can bet I threw in a few little inside jokes in the story. I'm geeky like that. wink I'll point them out when there are some. (not that they'll all need to be pointed out.. in fact there's one which, if I add a comment about it at the end of the post mysef, I think Ann is likely to hit me! *lol*)

Thanks again to everyone for the feedback!! sloppy

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
in fact there's one which, if I add a comment about it at the end of the post mysef, I think Ann is likely to hit me! *lol*)
Hmmmm.... Should I practice my left hook, Lara? In any case, you sure made me curious!

And, eh... you said that Clark's novel was *very* autobiographical. Well, the narrator there has a young daughter in London, a girl with green eyes. Hmmm. In the comic books, Lana had green eyes, or so I believe. Can't swear they weren't blue, but Lana was definitely a redhead, and they often have green eyes.

So... does that girl have anything to do with Lana? How old is Lana in this story? Could she, by any chance, be Clark Kent's daughter? (Oh, my. Super-Lana. I'm not absolutely sure I like this!)

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hehehe! No, no! There's no need to practice your left hook, Ann. Trust me. wink I was just referring to the Justice League in-joke from All Weathered Out that you were sad I had spoiled. wink This time around there are a couple little insides like that - the really obvious ones, I won't comment on, this way you'll be able to. I learned my lesson. *lol*

And, eh... you said that Clark's novel was *very* autobiographical. Well, the narrator there has a young daughter in London, a girl with green eyes.
You're reading between the lines too much. Well... it's easy to assume that, but he never actually says that the girl is his daughter.

So... does that girl have anything to do with Lana? How old is Lana in this story? Could she, by any chance, be Clark Kent's daughter? (Oh, my. Super-Lana. I'm not absolutely sure I like this!)
No, no. There is only one super-powered being in the story. And it's not Lana. Or Lois. Or Luthor! (...or the real-estate agent, the postman, or anyone working at the Star or the Planet. It's not the little old ladies, the sandy-haired waitress and her son or the burly man that you'll meet in part 2, either.) LOL! wink

Lana is in her early twenties. I'd say she's near her 22nd birthday.

Does the girl in the book have anything to do with Lana... You should be able to figure that out when you read part 2. (especially *you*!) I'll be posting it a little later tonight.

BTW: Although it's not actually mentioned anywhere in the story, Clark is about 30. And Lois is just about 24.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
one day the house was run down and empty and the next, the post-man had seen a man moving furniture inside the place and he had been astonished to realize just how many repairs seemed to have been made in such a short amount of time.
I hope those repairs weren’t too fast…

Okay, I know I haven’t read this story, but where did I read about the premise - Lex being the reporter and Clark being rich? Was it a challenge? Or did you mention the premise somewhere else? It’s driving me nuts trying to figure it out.

Considering she barely knew how to make a grilled-cheese sandwich, this placed her in the "even more clueless than average" category.
It’s totally possible to flop making a grilled cheese sandwich…

The extensive italics are pretty hard to read. Why don't you try having them follow a certain type of division mark?

(A new part every day or so, so people actually have time to read them before the next is up. hehehe!)
Well, now, I’m just reading part 1 and you’ve got part 2 up. (I’m not complaining mind you.)

And Lana, well, she is more than Clark's assistant, but this is all I'll say for now.
Daughter? And hey, I was coming up with this before I read Ann’s post.

Lara did say that 'Across the Dunes' was one of his earlier novels.

You're reading between the lines too much. Well... it's easy to assume that, but he never actually says that the girl is his daughter.
Like a daughter?

Wow, Lara. I just don't know what to say about this. This is your best work yet. I'm just absolutely blown away. Fantastic!!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I know I haven’t read this story, but where did I read about the premise - Lex being the reporter and Clark being rich? Was it a challenge? Or did you mention the premise somewhere else? It’s driving me nuts trying to figure it out.
Try here

wink and while I mention on the thread that I had ideas already written - they really were just notes about how the characters could be and info about Sudan and Egypt. Lots of that. I had absolutely zero lines of story written when I started this on November 1st.

It’s totally possible to flop making a grilled cheese sandwich…
Especially if you happen to be Lois Lane wink

Sorry for the italics being hard to read... they're not on my screen, but I guess that's all to do with what fonts I picked for my browser, huh. Lemme think of something and I'll fix it for the next parts. smile

Like a daughter?
Um... no? wink

Lana is not Clark's daughter.
She's not his wife either. (God forbid!)

She's just... agh... you really want me to spoil it? wink He's had to care for her in a way - absolutely. But for all intents and purposes, he's just her big brother.

Is everyone breathing a little better now? wink

Wow, Lara. I just don't know what to say about this. This is your best work yet. I'm just absolutely blown away. Fantastic!!!
Weeeeeeeeeee!!!! *happy dance* Thank you!!
I'm just blown away by the fact that I wrote this entire thing in 30 days. Less than that, actually, if you check my wordcount per days. *lol* When I edited it for posting (and fixed idiotic typos that Word didn't catch) I could not believe some of what I read in that file. I'm still amazed to realize that this actually came out of my head.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry for the italics being hard to read... they're not on my screen, but I guess that's all to do with what fonts I picked for my browser, huh. Lemme think of something and I'll fix it for the next parts.
Wow, I didn't even know italics would show up on the board unless you did it on purpose...

and while I mention on the thread that I had ideas already written - they really were just notes about how the characters could be and info about Sudan and Egypt. Lots of that. I had absolutely zero lines of story written when I started this on November 1st.
As you said in that thread, it was just an idea.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, I didn't even know italics would show up on the board unless you did it on purpose...
They were on purpose. I meant they weren't hard to read on my screen. Sorry 'bout the confusion. I changed it to a lil note marking the start and end of the excerpt. Let me know if that's better. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, I think it's better. Maybe it was hard for to read because I'm somewhat visually challenged. (Having had cataract surgery will do that for you... Especially since I had it done at such a young age.)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard