Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I hope you liked Chapter Four ! Here's the feedback thread.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Merriwether
Merriwether
So either Zara and "David" are not what they seem, or Jor'el and Lara aren't? Oh, and if the New KRyptonian ship had a cloaking device, why can't this ship have one too.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No time for a lot of feedback, Darcy, but I loved this:

“enthusiastic cavorting.”

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Columnist
Columnist
This is a very interesting story!

It's an interesting time to have Jor-El and Lara show up, a time where I'm sure Clark could use some extra support from his parents.

I'm excited to see more.

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hey! I go to Wal*Mart for a couple hours, and there's feedback! Yippee!

So either Zara and "David" are not what they seem, or Jor'el and Lara aren't? Oh, and if the New KRyptonian ship had a cloaking device, why can't this ship have one too.
They're all exactly who they seem, Woody. Much will be explained in Chapter Five--but don't expect that anytime soon, since it took me months to even start typing Chapter Four.

And Lara & Jor-El's ship is OLDER than the New Kryptonian ships. Basically, they're from Krypton and Krypton's technology stopped getting better when the planet blew up.

But New Krypton's technology advanced, since the colonists there had to find ways to eke out an existence on their new rock.

No time for a lot of feedback, Darcy, but I loved this:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“enthusiastic cavorting.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just glad you had time to read it, Nancy. smile

Sometimes, when I'm thinking up chapters, there are certain words that I feel just HAVE to be used in the story. "Cavorting" was one of those words for this chapter. The other was "prevaricated." wink

This is a very interesting story!

It's an interesting time to have Jor-El and Lara show up, a time where I'm sure Clark could use some extra support from his parents.

I'm excited to see more.
Thanks, Jessi!

More of this story will be a while yet (I'll be at least THINKING about it, I promise!), but for now you're welcome to see the vignettes I wrote when I was trying to decide which plot line to go with for this story--I made five, including the one that was Chapter One in this story.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Good chapter, Darcy! The narrative flow is smooth, the reactions of all the characters are consistent, and you're getting very good with the cliffhanger thing.

Now if we could just convince you to either think faster or type faster ....

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, Terry! And a BIG thanks for the beta. smile

I type plenty fast. (60-85wpm on a BAD day) It's just cracking down and STARTING to type a story I have trouble with.

That, and I don't usually like to start typing something until I have the better part of at least a few scenes worked out in my head.

That's what happened with this chapter. At first, I only had the picture of "enthusiastic cavorting" in my head, but I didn't have any way to get to that part. Then, I thought of the scene with the corporal and the colonel.

As soon as I started typing, everything else came out pretty easily--although I did have to sleep on the scenes after the reunion for a few days, 'cause I'd typed those first few scenes really late at night and couldn't think, must less type.

Darcy\'s Place

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard